The Calcium Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Calcium Kid Reviews

½ October 19, 2013
A very funny mockumentary with Orlando Bloom (he's so young I wouldnt doubt if it were actually made years earlier). A guy working out in a gym gets picked to be a sparring partner for the champion, said champion breaks his hand on guy's head days before big bout. Guy is now in big bout. Thats basically the set-up for this story that follows this unlikely boxer for a week as he prepares for the big international belt fight. A mockumentary done RIGHT!
October 6, 2013
It starts as a bad movie then goes downhill for a wee while. Eventually it gets its act together because of the acting standard of Orlando. Supporting cast start popping up and this movie eventually becomes a well organized silliness. The photography is of the steady cam style, it is just unfortunate that it shakes a lot. Nibbles: Full Cream Guernsey Milk.
½ July 10, 2007
I love Oranldo Bloom, but this was a pretty stupid movie.
April 7, 2013
i love orlando bloom!
½ April 8, 2012
I liked this. A=it had orlando in. b-it was a good english comedy.
½ February 20, 2012
Orlando Bloom's movies have made over 240 million pounds combined. This films makes you wonder how he gets cast. One of the worst brit flicks ever committed to cinema.
½ November 18, 2011
a funny "mockumentary" that keeps you chuckling all the way through; that is, if you don't take it too seriously!
November 12, 2011
this movie needs to be put onto DVD
½ October 3, 2011
Perfectly watchable

infinitely pointless
September 30, 2011
An excellent movie, a good laugh. Worth a watch
July 20, 2011
A Fun Film To Pass The Time, Nothing Special, But It Does Provide The Laughs It Promises. In My Opinion Didn't Like The Ending.
June 7, 2011
This mockumentary movie was laugh out loud funny. As a stand up comic, i do not like Omid Djalili , as an actor portraying a slimy selfish boxing manager, he was just hilarious. All characters were brilliant. The only thing that dissapointed me was the ending, as there was no fight. From the beginning i was looking forward to seeing that.
½ May 30, 2011
An average mockumentary.
May 27, 2011
This was actually pretty funny, I liked it at the time, dunno about now though.
February 20, 2010
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that orlando bloom, michael pena, omid djalili, mark heap, rafe spall, michael lerner play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this comedy/drama/adventure movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...i think that orlando bloom is great throughout this movie...i think that this is a good movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie
½ December 11, 2009
Completely weak. That is what you get with a lead actor like Orlando.
I only watched this because of Orlando, but he isn't funny and really isn't an actor - so got what I paid for.
Couldn't get through the whole thing - returned it 1 hour later saying it was the wrong one. Wasn't even worth the free viewing.
½ September 11, 2009
ALL for orlando bloom
½ September 10, 2009
This was a bit wacked out but it was alright
September 2, 2009
kind of boring... a worst version of Rocky(if that`s even possible)
½ July 12, 2009
It had a few laugh out loud moments but absolutely hilarious if you ask me. It had a different style of movie which I haven?t really seen before which made it interesting to watch. However it was not the best movie that is out there.