Camila - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Camila Reviews

March 7, 2009
has the feel of romeo and juliet mixed with priesthood....full of temptation, brutality and love....a tragedy but good!
February 28, 2013
Recommended by Carolina Labarca
January 25, 2010
Nice story that involves religion, love, authoritarian government, feminism, and others. Good!
December 10, 2009
Despite the fact that I know how the story of Camila O'Gorman and Padre Ladislao ended in real life, I kept hoping the filmmaker would use poetic license to change the ending. I loved this movie. Argentina produced really incredible films in the 80s-this one's my favorite.
March 7, 2009
March 3, 2009
nominated for best foreign film at the oscars
December 29, 2008
uyy q linda!! amo esta peli... me mata la parte de
- ladislao estas ahi?
- a tu lado camila (pum pum disparos! jaja)
½ September 23, 2008
Story of Argentinian socialite Camila O'Gorman and her affair with a Catholic priest. Engaging on paper, as it is one of the more primary and authentic examples of real-life forbidden love, but in technique, it's a rather ordinary film. The atmosphere however, is tangible and once the film reaches for verisimilitude in it's drama, that's when it works. Will forever remain a staple of Spanish classrooms nationwide.
June 18, 2008
got to see it again, saw it back in chile, circa 1986 when attending the university in valdivia, brought lots of good memories....
May 11, 2008
a very beautiful and tragic story of the doomed love between a beautiful girl and a preist. the dialogue isn't that great, and the acting leaves something to be desired, but the cinematography is amazing. i loved the inclusion of Argentine history.
May 9, 2008
Es que te saca el aliento
½ March 6, 2008
Classic girl-meets-Jesuit priest. Girl-elopes-with-Jesuit-priest. Girl incurs-wrath of partriarchal establishment story.
½ February 25, 2008
It was an interesting movie, but would've liked to have seen the very end of the movie.
February 23, 2008
En realidad esta pelicula me gusto tanto. No se que me gusto mas... o el taboo entre la relacion de Camila y Ladislao o la forma en como Camila era una mujer tan tracendental para la epoca en que vivia.
February 18, 2008
a tale of early argentine history, i believe at the time of mazorca, and that of forbidden love. siempre a tu lado, camila!!!! ;-)
October 31, 2007
I'm not a fan of romance movies, but this one had a pretty good story and kept me interested.
October 21, 2007
One of those films that stays with you forever. Impresionante.
September 27, 2007
Mi película favorita de todos los tiempos.
A tu lado siempre...Camila
September 14, 2007
Gut gemachter Film über eine irischstämmige Farmerstochter, die im 19. Jahrhundert in Argentinien mit einem Pfarrer durchbrennt. Mit Susu Pecoraro, einer meiner Lieblingsschauspielerinnen.
August 19, 2007
De las primeras pelis argentinas que vi y me robaron el corazon. Ladislao estas ahi? Si, a tu lado, Camila.