Cane Toads: The Conquest Reviews

August 26, 2012
I liked the first one enough, I hope it is playing in a theater near me.
April 27, 2012
Cain Toads The Conquest is Australia's first 3D film. It's a follow up documentary to the 1988 film Cain Toads: An Unnatural History. Having seen that I can reassure you that this new doco stands alone. I didn't see it at the cinema but I wish I had. The 3D would have added an entirely different level of humour to it. On dvd it's an informative, amusing and scary story. We all know how cain toads were introduced and we've all heard stories of them invading backyards in the thousands.... we've certainly heard of people playing golf with them. This film looks at everything we know about the vermin and attempts to understand them. It questions what can be done to stop them and canvases a broad diversity of opinions. "Nuke the bloody things". "Create a militia". "Use them for medicinal purposes" etc... at the end of the day the toads win and we've got ourselves to blame. This is a very funny film that might change peoples' opinions of cain toads, or it will simply fuel their hatred even more. Ugly bastards!!!
February 5, 2012
Some good photography and a couple of funny characters but would have been better if half was edited out.
½ November 19, 2011
watch austrailia ruin itself with toads
June 4, 2011
One of the best uses of 3D yet!