Cannibal! The Musical (Alferd Packer: The Musical) (1996)
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 16
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 7
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Jun 1, 1996 Wide
Average Rating: 3.8/5
User Ratings: 20,746
This is an amiable little parody from director Trey Parker, best known as co-creator of the cult TV series South Park. Set in 1873, the film deals with Alfred Packer (Juan Schwartz, aka Trey Parker), who is accused of cannibalizing members of his six-man party on a trip West. There are comic songs, Japanese people pretending to be Indians, and a cyclops whose eye spurts pus. The film's highlight may be Alfred's saloon kung fu fight with a cocky fur trapper named Frenchy over his beloved horse
Jun 1, 1996 Wide
Feb 29, 2000
Troma - Official Site
Watch It Now
George 'California' Noo...
Shannon Wilson Bell
Frank 'Reddy' Miller
Jean 'Frenchy' Cabazon
Andrew W. Kemler
O.D. Loutzenheiser/The ...
Scattershot, unfocused, and simply not all that funny.
We are talking about one sweet movie over here.
Best enjoyed on DVD, as the alcohol-fueled commentary track might just be the best one ever recorded.
An early project from the 'South Park' creators that, to put it politely, proves their best work was still to come.
General silliness from the SOUTH PARK boys, but some truly hilarious moments. And even (extremely loosely) based on actual events!
Early college film effort from South Park creators is the very definition of 'Sophomoric.'
Parker and Stone's satirical whims cannot seem to find an appropriate place in a live-action setting.
Audience Reviews for Cannibal! The Musical (Alferd Packer: The Musical)
- O.D. Loutzenheiser/The Cyclops: Aww... don't hurt the furry little animals.
- James Humphrey: Nice hat!
- O.D. Loutzenheiser/The Cyclops: [singing] I wish I was in the land of cotton. Old times they are not forgotten. Look away! Look away! Look away!
- James Humphrey: You stupid yank!
- O.D. Loutzenheiser/The Cyclops: You ain't southern boys!
- O.D. Loutzenheiser/The Cyclops: You boys lookin' at my eye?
- James Humphrey: Fudge, Packer? [interrupting the trappers' gruesome song about the joys of killing animals]
- Alfred Packer: The sky is blue, and all the leaves are green, the skies as warm as a baked potato. I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say its a Sphadoinkle day.
There are no discussion threads for Cannibal! The Musical (Alferd Packer: The Musical) yet.
Latest News on Cannibal! The Musical (Alferd Packer: The Musical)
August 22, 2006:"South Park" Guys to Go Live-Action -- Twice
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, best known as the creators of "South Park," have signed an...
- Cannibal! The Musical (DE)
- Cannibal! The Musical (UK)