Movies Like The Cannonball Run

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

The Cannonball Run Reviews

Ken S

May 7, 2007
Nonstop silliness and shenanigans, with an all star cast.
AJ V

December 22, 2010
Another all star car chase movie. This one is fun but predictable as always, of course there are one or two really funny scenes, but overall it could be better.
KJ P

January 29, 2010
I was extremely average with only a few laughs!
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
Not as good as I remembered it but it?s still a childhood favourite. The cast is fantastic too!
Jani H

July 16, 2008
Saw it again for nostalgic reasons. I thought it would be fun but it turned out to be mostly embarrasing. Ruined my childhood memories of a fun film but Dom DeLuise was fun to watch, as always. Go Captain Chaos!
thmtsang
thmtsang

April 12, 2008
Fun movie about a cross-country car race.
gor41
gor41

October 6, 2007
Guilty pleasure from my youth.
Jason S

October 4, 2007
I liked this movie because it was fun and you could tell that all the actors involved were having fun as well. Simple story and so many stars of the time in it you can't even name them all off the top of your head. Of course younger people watching it wouldn't know who any of these people are...
garyX
garyX

December 31, 2006
A guilty pleasure if ever there was one. An all-star cast of 70s stalwarts in a redneck comedy that's wall-to-wall gratuitous cleavage shots and fast cars. So completely plotless it's almost surreal, but it is occasionally very funny and worth watching just for Dom DeLuise's turn as dun dun duuuuun...Captain Chaos!
Lafe F

July 7, 2007
A huge event movie with many well-known celebrities in a wacky race. It was fun seeing Roger Moore as a James Bond type competing. I think they had a lot of fun making this frantic movie. It's a who's who of b-grade celebrities for the time.
Dean !

June 12, 2007
Saw it again recentley and wasn't as good as I remembered, but still fairly enjoyable. Prefer the 2nd one to be honest.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 24, 2007
great flick, makes me wanna drive across the country and pretend im racing everyone
deano
deano

October 26, 2006
Dean Martin as a drunk! Sammy Davis Jr. as a priest! Farrah Fawcett's nipples poking up under her Lurex jumpsuit! In the middle of all this, you briefly get Jackie Chan as a Japanese race car driver.
James A

March 13, 2006
A damn funny film envolving a race between mormans and pirates from the south seas.
Joseph E

April 13, 2007
Artistic!
moviefan1725
moviefan1725

October 1, 2010
The late 70's and early 80's were good to Burt Reynolds. Hemade the most of the "urban cowboy" craze that swept the country in those years, and became a Hollywood legend by milking the "good ol' boy" feel more than anyone else. Surrounded by a cast of actors so famous that it almost defies description, this vehicle (no pun intended) provided him with one of his biggest hits. The casting of this movie must've been simplicity itself. Find any actor who would be interested in co-starring with Burt Reynolds for his newest action/comedy. Since he was pretty much the biggest star in the world at that time, it must've been easy to talk actors into it. Then they just turned the actors lose to improvise their characters. It's that spirit that makes this movie, and it's sequel so much fun. There's nothing phony in the script, because I doubt there was a real script to work from. You're just watching these actors have a good time, cracking each other up, and driving fast cars. Various actors from different decades in entertainment share the screen, and just about everyone gets their moment to shine.
Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise were good friends in real life, and their scenes together are always fun. The same can be said for Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. Roger Moore seems to be having a great time spoofing his own James Bond persona. You've got your requisite eye candy in the forms of Farrah Fawcett and Adrienne Barbeau, who were both two of the biggest sex symbols at the time. Jackie Chan makes the most of his martial arts skills.
A movie doesn't necessarily have to be "good" to enjoy it. You can intellectually know what you are watching is poorly made, but when the fun is so obvious, it's contageous. This is prime example of that.
Jonny C

July 15, 2008
An 80's classic
Lee K

January 4, 2009
Another 80's favorite. Remember the team of Reynolds and Deluise, it was seldom that you didnt see one without the other in thos days. Great gags but i dont get to see this one very often.
Christopher B

November 28, 2008
I don't quite remember what I found so hilarious about this film when I was 10. Still, nostalgia is worth something, ain't it?
chadroesti
chadroesti

June 23, 2007
Da-dum-duuummmm! I, am Captain Chaos! And this, this is my faithful companion, Cato... Say hello, Cato!