Critics Consensus: Captain Phillips is Certified Fresh
Plus, Machete Kills doesn't cut that deep.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- God Loves Uganda, a documentary about the influence of American evangelicals on the laws of an African nation, is at 100 percent.
- The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete, a drama about a child actor who wants to protect his sensitive friend from the streets, is at 88 percent.
- Zero Charisma, a dark comedy about a tabletop role-playing game master suffering through a bad luck streak, is at 79 percent.
- The Sundance-approved Escape From Tomorrow, a surreal drama about a family's ill-omened trip to Disney World, is at 66 percent.
- The long-delayed All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, starring Amber Heard in a slasher film about a series of murders at a weekend party, is at 40 percent.
- Broadway Idiot, a behind-the-scenes look at the production of Green Day's American Idiot musical, is at 40 percent.
- Romeo and Juliet, starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth as the titular heroes of Shakespeare's legendary romance, is at 19 percent.
- Sweetwater, starring January Jones and Ed Harris In a Western about a woman who is out for blood after her husband is murdered, is at 13 percent.
- CBGB, starring Alan Rickman and Rupert Grint in a biopic about the famed New York City punk club, is at 6 percent.