Carnosaur 2

Carnosaur 2 Reviews

Keiko A. --Samurai--
Keiko A. --Samurai--

September 7, 2010
Well see Take out the Aliens in Aliens and replace it with Dinosaurs and set it on earth and in the Nevada desert. And you get Carnosaur 2. I got to say none of the sequels are good there all average to crap the third is even worse then this it's just so unbearable to watch at least this had some entertaining scenes. But if I had to watch it once more I might just watch Aliens.
So recapping what happened at the end of the first film (Spoilers)

The Virus failed to initialize and target. And the world wouldn't be contaminated with dinosaurs the military secured the last remaining ones by shooting them dead and burning them. The contaminated victims were burned and buried as well. Then out of nowhere in this the dinosaurs are back and they attack a mining facility not far from the setting in the first film and killing them all. A team of technicians are sent in to investigate.

Well of course they run into them and they start dying there helicopter crashes and there's no way out. Like I said if I wonted to see this I would watch aliens.

30% for story just Aliens all over again but this is boring and dull

20% for acting most of them can't act for shit.

70% for special effects are good there truly the only good thing about the film.

60% for characters some of them you feel for when they die other times no.

50% for everything else nothing real good.

Look if you have seen the first just skip it and everyone else do the same.

Keiko's score 49-100
Luke B

July 17, 2009
Certainly the best in the very bad series. Even if that is just because it has the best looking dinosaurs, which isn't saying much at all. I enjoyed it for it's obvious "Who gives a fuck about how these look?" mentality. It has hilarious scenes of dinosaurs popping out from all kinds of places and just tearing arms off. The climax is the same as the first film, which is a bit of a downer.

August 12, 2012
A while back I reviewed a horrendous dinosaur flick called Carnosaur which I really hated allot. While the original had its poorly written original plot, the sequel rips-offs a well regarded classic while still retaining issues from the first Carnosaur.

Carnosaur 2 could be consider the biggest rip-off of Aliens without the horrid label of being a remake or reboot. You got a secluded base where everyone is killed by monsters except for a single child, marines type characters to sort out the mess, crawling through vents with one character going back and blowing himself up, a helicopter pilot being killed by a monster, and finally a climax where our character fights off the monsters with a industrial machine and pushes it into a pit. Unlike Aliens where it was entertaining to watch and had great effects, Carnosaurs 2 is heavily unoriginal with effects that makes even Barney the Dinosaur look menacing. We also have to wait thirty minutes for any dinosaurs to come up which by then a third of the movie is already finished and you're mostly likely asleep by this point. Would you believe this sequel also rips-off Apocalypse Now by playing "Ride of the Valkyries" in a helicopter. Wow that's two classics this rips-off from and unfortunately it doesn't fit the "so bad its good" category either.

If you're wondering how Dinosaur exists in a military nuclear base, don't worry because the writers completely forgot to tell us that part. Even the first had the explanation of using chicken eggs to breed these plastic dinosaurs, which is completely stupid but it's something at least. I also like how in the sequel someone gets their leg eaten off and stops screaming. I wonder what's going to come off in the next Carnosaur, maybe someone butt-cheeks? The climax is very pathetic as the filmmakers actually used stock footage from the first movie, now that's what I call poor film-making. The way it's shot is very poorly done as it shows us the same angle and goes on for five minutes. You can't make a forklift battling a plastic dinosaur entertaining to watch if you're showing us the same angle over and over again. The acting is just as terrible, there's no passion or even the smallest effort in this shameless rip off.

Carnosaur 2 is a shameless rips-off with no passion and should be avoided, or burning it which is more satisfying. I'll stick to Aliens over this piece of trash any day.
Steven V

March 27, 2007
This is worth watching just to see how the makers ripped off Aliens scene for scene. But it still gives a few good action scenes, scenes you must not take seriously as a motion picture.
August 28, 2010
I loved this film who would have thought it would have been 2 steps up from the 1st the story wasn't disturbing this one was kina funny some humor not many grisley happenings they learned from their mistakes
ChrisWhetsell
July 13, 2010
"Carnosaur 2" is definitely a waste of film. It has a borrowed story line, cardboard acting, and puppet-like dinosaurs. It's a B horror flick and it does offer some entertaining scenes, but overall, it's a poor film. Not recommended.
March 21, 2010
Just like the first one, the special effects are cheesy and the script/plot was ripped off from other cheesy "B" movie sci fi flicks..."
August 29, 2007
This is worth watching just to see how the makers ripped off Aliens scene for scene. It's quality as a film is pretty much nil, but man, I had a good time with it.
newwavestrikesback
July 11, 2007
despite its lame attempt at copying aliens, and so on. it still gives a few good action scenes, scenes you must not take seriously as a motion picture because in all... its a B Movie
July 23, 2013
almost as good as the first one but it got a little lazy at the end when they used stock footage of the t Rex from the first one
May 13, 2012
A Very Fun B Movie, More Entertaining Than The First.
May 23, 2013
Funner Than The First One, Better Effects But Still Never Loses Its Campiness Which Makes This Movie A Blast To Watch.
April 6, 2013
"Carnosaur 2" has a plot that's a lot more coherent than the first and whether that is a good or a bad thing is up for debate. The first movie had a plot that was so insane that it was genuinely memorable and had a lot more going on than just "dinosaurs are brought back to life and eat people". While it may not have been a good movie, it was memorable. "Carnosaur 2" has a plot that's a lot more standard, with a team of electricians going inside a military building only to find themselves stranded and under attack. There is a nice addition of a time limit, as it is revealed later in the movie that there are other dangers inside the building besides the dinosaurs, but for the most part it's a plot that's a lot more predictable and less imaginative. In fact this movie doesn't really seem to be related to the first one at all, except for the fact that dinosaurs are back to life.

When it comes to the dinosaurs, the special effects vary a lot. Everything is done in nice practical effects but some costumes and puppets look pretty good, while other look silly, particularly towards the end of the movie. The gore and blood effects are well done and they're pretty convincing and there are plenty of explosions that look good too. One very badly done effect is an exploding helicopter, which is clearly a miniature and does not look convincing at all. While overall the effects are pretty decent, the performances do not sell these. When people are reacting to dialogue they're fine, but when someone is being eaten alive or is attacked by a dinosaur the acting talent just vanishes into thin air. Another problem that the movie has is that the director made some strange decisions while making the movie. Towards the beginning of the film the dinosaurs are seen only in quick glimpses or hidden by the camera but there's no need for that, this is after all a sequel and the cover of the Dvd tells you that there are going to be some dinosaurs here so why all of the mystery? There are also far too many deaths that are off-screen. Let's face it, you're not watching this movie for an in-depth plot or any character drama, you want to see velociraptors and tyrannosauruses chowing down on some surprised civilians. For that reason, "Carnosaur 2" is somewhat of a disappointment because it has far too few dinosaur attacks. There are some good scenes but the movie doesn't really feel iconic. There aren't a lot of scenes or lines that will stick with you and that means it's just an average creature-feature horror film. "Carnosaur 2" is a lot less zany than the predecessor and it's not all bad but it will leave you wanting more. (Dvd, March 29, 2013)
October 18, 2012
With the rather disturbing plot point driving the previous entry ommitted, this one proves a cut above the original (albeit it isn't as scary or unnerving). It also proves to be a scene-for-scene copying of Aliens, so there are few surprises along the way. It is enjoyable as a so-bad-it's-good flick, and certainly what we've grown to expect from Roger Corman. That having been said, take it with a grain of salt, or don't bother with it to begin with.

August 12, 2012

June 12, 2012
Everything I wanted "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" to be! Shameful "Aliens" rip-off with dinos, even having a forklift vs T-Rex fight at the end.
March 11, 2012
Rips off a bit from Aliens, but it still has fun enjoyable moments that any dinosaur movie fan can enjoy. It's cheap and cheesy, with some nice gore and jumpy moments. Dinosaurs weren't too bad but they moved weirdly. Decent ending, but yeah, much too similar to Aliens.
July 24, 2011
While not as entertainingly bad as its predecessor, Carnosaur 2 still serves up tons of gory violence, hilariously bad dialogue, cheesy effects, and ridiculous scenes (How can you save someone several floors down and then fight a T-Rex with a tractor before a bomb goes off in ten minutes and somehow succeed?). Maybe I just have an insatiable love of dinosaur films and that's why I love so many of them, but who cares when you have such great memories with them? I hope my love of dinosaurs lasts forever because dinosaur films are just so fun to watch (Except the sequels to The Land Before Time!).
August 16, 2011
Fuck this movie, fuck it hard.