97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Carry on Spying (Agent Oooh!) Reviews

June 15, 2014
Cribbins and Windsor together were a real winning team. The rest was amusing Sunday afternoon fare.
November 26, 2013
Kenneth Williams was always wary of carrying a film, but he carries this film beautifully. His snide character which he rarely used in the Carry On films is in this film in bucket loads. The supporting cats of Charles Hawtrey, Bernard Cribbins and Barbara Windsor support Williams well.
June 9, 2010
his is one of the funnier efforts by the team. Its obviously a send up of other movies of the genre and is shot in glorious black and white which sometimes I prefer. Black and white seems to suit the carry on movies. Life may indeed be in colour but these movies were never a depiction of life. The campery of Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey is as funny as ever. There are those two wonderfully reliable old British actors Eric Barker and the fabulous Richard Wattis as his assistant. It would be hard to find better actors to play the chief and his off sider. I loved the performance of Judith Furse.. hilariously butch.Bernard Cribbins is a great talent and he brings so much more to the series than the annoying Kenneth Connor did. This might have been the first with the great Barbara Windsor and what a spectacular career she had. She actually steals the film and I found myself roaring with laughter. Its a very good carry on but above all the introduction of one of Britains finest stars Magnificent Barbara Windsor. Barbara Windsor was much more than the sexy little bomb shell that added so much to these films and many others. She was a brilliant comedienne and I hope she gets the recognition she richly deserved. Her timing is brilliant.

Yes its all very corny but all great comedy is corny. Its rather fun seeing their idea of modern technology,those mobile phones are fun. Wonder what they would think of what we use today. I love the cheap effects of the movie such as the car wash, rather not explain but its hilarious. Its great fun seeing one of Australias most loved exports, John Bluthall in the early stages of a great career.
January 21, 2013
More of the usual from this series. Perhaps my Dad would have gone to see this at the Gaumont Theatre in Shepherd's Bush, London?
The Critic
October 25, 2012
With some clever gags and top performances from Kenneth Williams and Barbara Windsor who lead a cast the appear to be having a ball, this is fun without being exceptional.
Movie Matthew 101
June 30, 2012
A spy spoofer starring Barbara Windsor.
April 19, 2012
A movie with STENCH that doesn't stink!!
Anthony L

September 16, 2011
It's a shame Bernard Cribbins didn't stay with the Carry on franchise, he's one of the best things about this film. I believe this was Barbara Windsor's first Carry on, or at least the first and only one I actually fancied her in.
August 19, 2011
Way back in 1964 the Carry on-team felt that it was time for a spoof of at the at the time so popular James Bond movies. For safety's sake came the movie also to make fun of film noirs, cold war paranoia and spy films in general.

It sounds more fun that it actually came out to be.

The beginning of the movie and the last parts is pinnacle Carry On tradition, but in the middle the movie is just treading water. Sad, because parts of this is really good.

Pinewood studios is made up to look like post-war Vienna, colonial Algiers and other strange places. There's even som music resembling the one from "the Third man" for some not so strange reason.

A delight as always to watch Kenneth Williams who is young and wild here and here we also see Barbara Windsor for the first time inb the Carry On saga. Every scene of her is about those two things on the front of her in one way or another.
mirabella1996
mirabella1996

February 10, 2010
All of the Carry On films get 4 or 5 stars from me.
They have been a much-loved part of my life ever since I can remember.
efranco14
April 15, 2009
oh oh, ooh, ooooh!
And ocean eleven too...
March 17, 2009
need to see all the carry on films still.
February 18, 2009
a bunch of bundling spy's are sent on a mission to recover some stolen documents
June 28, 2008
An entertaining romp with the Carry On team into the world of secret agents.
May 25, 2008
The Carry On team send up the James Bond movies. Aren't they funny anyway?
July 17, 2007
Points for Jim Dale's "James Bond"-type character, which is actually better than any of the "official" versions.
DuchessNukem
June 14, 2007
My favourite Carry On. Kenneth Williams and Barbara Windsor are at their best here.
dorisgc
May 27, 2007
excellent...hilarious.....
hanbaz
April 10, 2007
this is well what can i say one of the best with all the stupid jokes and remarks and stuff that the four charactes get up to.its amazing and amusing fo anyine.