Carry on Up the Jungle (Carry on Up the Congo) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carry on Up the Jungle (Carry on Up the Congo) Reviews

June 20, 2008
Dicka nookie?..nookie dickie boss..
September 10, 2007
I have seen this film time and time again and I laugh every single time.

Recomended to one and all!
½ January 11, 2016
Quite weak.

A party of white adventurers and aristocracy set out into the jungles of Africa to find one of the party's long lost son. Here they encounter all sorts of dangers, and temptations...

Not the best of Carry On. Humour is largely quite weak and predictable. So many dad jokes and lame double entendres... Some of the adventures are interesting but many just end up as silly, dead-end skits.

Cast is interesting, as there is no Kenneth Williams. Other Carry On regulars Sid James, Frankie Howerd, Charles Hawtrey, Bernard Bresslaw, Joan Sims, Kenneth Connor and Terry Scott appear though.
September 29, 2014
more silly fun from the carry on team, with a great appearance from Frankie Howerd !
½ April 22, 2013
You don't have to be a cunt to like this, but it helps.
January 15, 2013
The Carry On crew is on a safari on the jungle, where they encounter vicious tribes and the usual sexual innuendo. Tiring comedy with rare amusing moments.
½ December 9, 2012
Really funny carry on film, way better than i remember, really enjoyable.
½ April 11, 2012
Funny film,I thought it was funny but It would have been funnier if my favourite carry on star was in, Kenneth Williams, It was a good film, I would love all the carry on films on DVD, one of my favourite carry on stars appeared in it, Charles Hawtrey
½ November 2, 2012
Not the gang's best, but good--Safari Madness!!
½ October 25, 2012
A rather amusing entry into the long-running series. For the most part, this parody of Tarzan and Amazon women is quite fun with mostly effective gags (the bed-hopping sequence gets a little tired).
½ October 18, 2011
their corny ways always makes me laugh :)
½ June 18, 2011
Average entry in this series.
½ June 3, 2011
I did watch a bunch of the "carry on"-movies when they were aired in swedish television in the '80s but i realize that I have to see them all again to fully be able to rate them (and also to fully appriciate them, you actually have to be at least over the age of 40 and possible a bit drunk to get maximum value of a carry on movie)

Carry up the jungle is one of the weaker episodes in the movie series, but you still get a lot of good laughs anyway.

The drama deals with all kinds of issues; colonialism, racism, imbecility, mild obcenities and even a case of close to incest. All the way the movie is cracked up by the worst jokes available. The Matron is missing, though

Carry on, do carry on
March 26, 2011
Whilst not being an all time classic Carry On there is enough from Howerd, James and Bresslaw to make this an enjoyable Jungle romp. The gorilla though is a real low point for me.
July 20, 2010
A Carry On parody of Tarzan and other jungle movies.
March 17, 2010
A play on tarzan but for the exception of a randy jungle-boy, very little comedic value away from double-entredrees
mirabella1996
½ February 10, 2010
All of the Carry On films get 4 or 5 stars from me.
They have been a much-loved part of my life ever since I can remember.
December 19, 2009
Excellent Carry On film with the team on top form but the absence of Kenneth Williams is noticeable.
July 1, 2009
For the 19th Carry On film, producer Peter Rogers, director Gerald Thomas and writer Talbot Rothwell took on the Tarzan films. And it is a very funny film, using plenty of double-entendres and knob gags, which are apt for this setting, even it it was all done on soundstages, it doesn't spoil the enjoyment. This one, set around the turn of the century, follows an expedition into darkest Africa, it has ornithologist Professor Inigo Tinkle (Frankie Howerd) looking for the legendary Oozlum bird, they're aided by explorer Bill Boosey (Sid James) and African guide Upsidaisi (a blacked up Bernard Bresslaw), also with them are Lady Evelyn Bagley (Joan Sims), who years earlier lost her husband and baby son, and has returned to the area to look for them. They find Lady Bagley's son, now a Jungle Boy (Terry Scott), and they stumble upon the Lost World of Aphrodisia, a land populated by beautiful ladies. This is another funny addition to the Carry On series, with good humour and smutty dialogue. Frankie is at his camp best, it's a pity he only did two Carry On films, he suited their humour. It's an enjoyable way to pass an hour and a half, and humour like this is needed again today!! :D
June 27, 2009
Not one of the best but still very entertaining as all Carry Ons are! Probably one of the most cringe-worthy by today's standards, but just sit back and enjoy it in the tongue-in-cheek way it was meant!

My favourite moments were probably the introduction of Charles Hawtrey; and this great quote in the middle!:

Lady Evelyn Bagley: There is my reputation to think of. You would need to be very circumspect.
Prof. Inigo Tinkle: Oh, I was! When I was a baby!