Total Recall: Pixar Movies

With Cars 2 hitting theaters, we run down the animation studio's complete filmography in chronological order.

The Incredibles

97%

Pixar has been known to build a winsome feature around what looks like a questionable storyline, but they've also developed some wonderfully original stuff -- like 2004's The Incredibles, which looks at what can happen when a superhero trades in costumed adventure for domestic tranquility too soon. Exiled to a suburban family life after a series of mishaps leads to the government putting the kibosh on super-powered crimefighters, the former Mr. Incredible (voiced by Craig T. Nelson) deals with the monotony of his new job at an insurance company by sneaking out after hours and upholding truth and justice on the QT with his best friend, Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson). His secret doesn't stay secret for long, of course -- not from his superhuman wife (Holly Hunter) and kids, and not from the supervillain whose nefarious plot draws them all together. As with roughly 70 percent of all kids' movies, The Incredibles teaches a lesson about the value of being yourself, but even if the moral of the story isn't exactly unique, the characters and situations offered a nifty twist on the superhero craze -- and writer/director Brad Bird (The Iron Giant) proved an excellent addition to the Pixar stable. It is, in the words of ReelViews' James Berardinelli, an "exemplary mixture of top-notch storytelling, visual razzle-dazzle, accessible humor, and involving action."

Cars

74%

Even the most successful family can have a black sheep, and at a relatively paltry 74 percent on the Tomatometer, 2006's Cars is Pixar's. While not poor enough to break the studio's chain of Fresh certifications, the reviews that greeted this John Lasseter-directed tale of a young racecar (Owen Wilson) and his quest to wrest the Piston Cup from a pair of challengers (Michael Keaton and Richard Petty) weren't up to the usual Pixar standard; whether dismissing it as unoriginal (Christy Lemire of the Associated Press accused it of "[ripping] off Doc Hollywood, almost note for note) or overlong (the Chicago Reader's J.R. Jones called it "not a test of speed but endurance), the critics concluded that Cars ran a little too rough to stand alongside earlier classics. Audiences didn't mind, though -- it grossed over $460 million -- and even if it didn't measure up to Pixar's previous, it was still good enough to earn praise from scribes like Chris Vognar of the Dallas Morning News, who wrote, "no other outfit can match Pixar's knack for plucking heartstrings without tearing them off the frets."

Ratatouille

96%

For anyone who'd been counting down the days until Pixar's inevitable downfall, the period between the lukewarm critical reception afforded Cars and the debut of 2007's Ratatouille seemed like it might be the beginning of the end: not only was the studio working on a movie with a rather unappetizing protagonist -- a rat who wanted to be a gourmet chef -- but the movie itself had something of a troubled journey to the screen, including a Pixar-mandated director swap that ousted the film's creator, Jan Pinkava, and replaced him with Brad Bird. All's well that ends well, though, and by the time Ratatouille reached theaters in June of '07, it was abundantly clear that all the creative turmoil had paid off -- not only did it provide Pixar with another box office bonanza, gathering up more than $621 million in worldwide receipts, but it quickly established itself as yet another critical winner for the studio, ending up with a 96 percent Tomatometer rating and a bunch of glowing reviews from critics like Newsweek's David Ansen, who called it "a film as rich as a sauce béarnaise, as refreshing as a raspberry sorbet, and a lot less predictable than the damn food metaphors and adjectives all us critics will churn out to describe it. OK, one more and then I'll be done: it's yummy."

WALL-E

96%

How do you deal with the incredible expectations created by eight films, and almost 15 years, of solid excellence? Conventional wisdom would say to play it safe and fall back on everything that's worked for you before -- but Pixar has never been conventional, and they proved it again with 2008's WALL-E, a movie that took the studio's knack for adorable characters and hyper-realistic CG animation and flung it into the uncharted (and even a little avant garde) regions of outer kidvid space. It's hard to imagine any other studio having success with a family film this idiosyncratic -- a movie about a lonely trash-compacting robot with a mostly dialogue-free first act doesn't exactly scream summer blockbuster -- but audiences trusted the Pixar brand enough to show up in droves, and they were rewarded with not only one of the best-reviewed animated releases of 2008, but what was, in the words of the Boston Globe's Jay Carr, "the best American film of the year to date." WALL-E came with a surprising bit of controversy, drawing fire from conservative pundits who were annoyed with what they interpreted as a left-wing, anti-business message, but its 96 percent Tomatometer and massive $534 million gross drowned out the chatter. As with just about everything Pixar has done, it works whether you're looking to be edified or simply entertained; as the New York Times' A.O. Scott noted, "it is, undoubtedly, an earnest (though far from simplistic) ecological parable, but it is also a disarmingly sweet and simple love story, Chaplinesque in its emotional purity."

Up

98%

After heading into space for WALL-E, Pixar returned to Earth for their next feature, 2009's Up -- but they continued to push the boundaries of mainstream American animation, using a story with a certain amount of surface silliness (grumpy old man uses balloons to send his house airborne and turn his back on society, only to discover a young stowaway) to explore such decidedly serious themes as death, regret, aging, and friendship. Like WALL-E, Up takes its time getting to the speaking parts, opening with an extended musical sequence depicting the decades-long love story between Carl Fredericksen (played by Ed Asner) and his wife Ellie (Elizabeth Docter). Without a single word of dialogue, Up reduced many filmgoers to tears -- and it was just getting started. By the time it was all over, Up had taken audiences on a journey from crowded city streets to the tepui mountains of Venezuela, helped mend Carl's broken heart, shared a message or two, and scored only the second Best Picture Academy Award nomination for an animated feature in history. At 98 percent on the Tomatometer, Up was one of the best-reviewed movies of the year, and a favorite of critics such as the Los Angeles Times' Kenneth Turan, who wrote, "Rarely has any film, let alone an animated one powered by the logic of dream and fantasy, been able to move so successfully -- and so effortlessly -- through so many different kinds of cinematic territory."

Toy Story 3

99%

By the time they reach their third installments, most franchises have either been corrupted by time (The Godfather Part III), stretched beyond sensible narrative limits (Die Hard with a Vengeance), or simply stopped trying (Superman III). Leave it to Pixar to create an exception to the rule with Toy Story 3, which used the decade-plus between sequels as a framing device for a poignant story about the exciting (and emotionally wrenching) transition between childhood and adulthood. Of course, it wasn't all dramatic overtones; Toy Story 3 also made room for action-adventure, in the form of a daring, Great Escape-inspired plot to bust the toys out of their new home at the local daycare. It all added up to over $1 billion at the box office, five Academy Award nominations (including wins for Best Song and Best Animated Feature), and almost universal praise from critics like Salon's Andrew O'Hehir, who called it "A bona fide summer delight loaded with action, humor, nostalgia, a veritable blizzard of pop-culture references and general good vibes."

In case you were wondering, here's how Pixar's films rank according RT users' scores:

1. Toy Story 3 -- 91%
2. WALL-E -- 89%
3. Up -- 86%
4. Ratatouille -- 84%
5. Monsters, Inc -- 83%
6. Toy Story -- 81%
7. Finding Nemo -- 80%
8. Cars -- 80%
9. Toy Story 2 -- 72%
10. The Incredibles -- 67%
11. A Bug's Life -- 61%

Take a look through the rest of our Total Recall archives. And don't forget to check out the reviews for Cars 2.

Finally, here's Pixar's first Oscar winner -- 1988's Tin Toy:

Comments

Dave J

Dave J

Wait for Cars 2 on rental!

Jun 22 - 02:06 PM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

damn...cars 2 is getting a 52%...:O

Jun 22 - 02:24 PM

CoreyG

Corey Gallagher

Wow, what is up with those user ratings/rankings? Cars ahead of Toy Story 2? The Incredibles as second worst?...I am disappointed.

Jun 22 - 02:29 PM

ActionmoviesFTW

Alden Welles

Didn't RT do a Total Recall like this before?

Jun 22 - 02:29 PM

Noah James

Noah Kinsey

The RT user rank is puzzling. I cannot believe Toy Story 2 is so low.

Jun 22 - 02:31 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

Yeah I know. The Incredibles, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo seem shockingly low as well. Trolls trying to hate on Pixar I guess...

Jun 22 - 07:36 PM

samrocker

Sam Rocker

I think the most surprising thing for me with these RT user scores is that Toy Story (1 and 2), and Monsters Inc. were, conceptually, the most brilliant of all the Pixar films. i say "conceptually" because the ideas behind them were genius. I look at the current releases and concepts and they're just not as clever. Seems as though they're getting away from smart plots/ideas and just making inanimate objects and animals talk.

Don't believe me? Disney's "Planes" Teaser Trailer on Youtube...

Jun 28 - 01:22 PM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

Wow a 61 user rating for A Bugs Life one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm disappointed in the users. Also ranking Cars ahead of Toy Story 2 is not at all accurate.

Jun 22 - 02:49 PM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

I keep telling everyone that Toy Story 3 is overrated as all Hell but no one believes me. The "USER LIST" is proof of that. The people that rated Toy Story 3 so high compared to the first 2 films are also the ones that must have gone around in 2008 saying The Dark Knight is the best film since The Godfather. Damn Idiots, everyone with half a molecule of a brain knows that The Incredibles, Toy Story 1 & 2, Up and Monsters, Inc. should be up in the 90's

Jun 22 - 02:51 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

Toy Story 3 I think is the weakest film in the trilogy, but overrated? I wouldn't go that far. However, I agree with you on The Dark Knight. Awesome film, but overrated as hell. It's not even the best superhero movie, that honor I believe still goes to Spider-Man 2.

Jun 22 - 07:34 PM

Manuel Granados

Spiderman 2 has the fatal flaw of the spiderweb where they lie after they defeat the doctor. Where are the poles holding it? It's almost heart shaped.
I think the best superhero movie is gonna have to fall on Iron Man.
SM2 is WAY WAY WAY overrated, almost as much as TDK

Jun 22 - 09:17 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

Hell no to Iron Man. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I never thought that movie was anything special. I would put Spider-Man 1 and 2, X2, X-Men: First Class, TDK, and Batman Begins all ahead of it. Just my opinion of course.

Jun 22 - 09:35 PM

Manuel Granados

You are right, I forgot about X2 and First Class somehow. I'd say X2 takes the cake for me, or Batman Begins, those I have actually watched more than once, IM I only saw once even though I have the dvd. How about the fact that Spidey got killed today? Now that's something we should be discussing lol

Jun 22 - 09:50 PM

John T.

John Taylor

Definitely add Iron Man to the list. Also the new Thor and Green Lantern movies. A pity all the Spider-Man, X-Men and Superman movies couldn't have been given the same treatment. As for Batman, I never cared enough about the comic book to bother with the movies. I think the last couple of animated Batman series were better than TDK.

Jun 26 - 04:49 AM

Manuel Granados

The user ranking is now to be avoided since it's all of the brainless idiots who have flixster that can chip in to it, not the RT community.

Anyway, I like the introduction, it's quite true that Pixar changed things up like Disney did, it's now challenging other studios to keep up to the really high standard they created. So far only How to Train your Dragon has been able to keep up, but I have no doubt that Pixar is going to push the envelope in the next 5 years and come up with something that is going to leave every other studio 10 years behind, like they did with Toy Story.

I won't lie though, I kind of miss the good ole drawn movies here and there (princess and the frog didn't do any justice to the Disney brand)

Jun 22 - 02:51 PM

Juan Juan

I am grateful to be alive and in possession of the sensory faculties of sight & hearing during the time of Pixar's productivity.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: THE INCREDIBLES is the best movie of the 21st century so far. It's the most violent PG movie I've ever seen, and it has probably the funniest single line of cinema dialogue (Computer: "Would you care for more mimosa?") since COMING TO AMERICA (King: "Believe me. I tied my own shoes once. It is an overrated experience.")

RATATOUILLE is tied with THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD for best movie of 2007 (a competitive year for great movies), and TOY STORY 3 is tied with BLACK SWAN for best movie of 2010.

Pixar strives for excellence and consistently makes the world a better place.

Jun 22 - 02:56 PM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

Can you please explain to me how a computer asking someone for another glass of an alcoholic beverage constitutes as "genius dialouge"? What exactly am I missing here?

Jun 22 - 03:01 PM

Juan Juan

It makes me laugh every time I hear it, thus it is a great line in a great script for a great movie. Comedy is subjective, but I stand by my assertion.

Jun 22 - 03:44 PM

Manuel Granados

Except you are not being subjective, you are making statements and affirmations that aren't being subjective at all. You are stating that The Incredibles is the best movie of the last decade, not in your opinion or anything, you are stating it is.
The same with the humor lines (neither of which you quoted are particularly funny in my opinion, considering that from Coming to America to The Incredibles there's some really amazing works of comedy).
And one of your arguments is "the most violent PG movie I have seen" gives credibility to Dave J's argument that you are a very young fella.

Jun 22 - 04:14 PM

Juan Juan

The act of film criticism & ranking works of art is an intrinsically subjective task. The merits & numerical value of the ranking of my choices is debatable, of course, and I will be glad to entertain your thoughts, but the statement remains valid, semantically & epistemically, unless I am a legislator or judicial official who is attempting to codify the declaration. // Can you name a more violent PG movie? STAR WARS maybe? INCREDIBLES starts with a guy firing a machine gun at the cops in pursuit and a scene involving a merciless bomb thrower. Syndrome's henchmen are all dispatched violently with severe punches, kicks, high speed collisions, and explosions. Mr. Incredible grabs & threatens Syndrome's assistant, saying that killing her "will be easy, like breaking a toothpick." Where I come from, that's hard. That's violence.

Jun 22 - 08:05 PM

Manuel Granados

I like how your first paragraph is convoluted and almost mature sounding, even using words like legislation. Then you go right into the senseless drivel that I was using to state that you are young. You say that since it's the most violent PG film, then it's good. That logic is not only flawed but it's stupid. Then Batman Returns beats The Incredibles by a lot because a) the baby penguin eats a live cat right at the start b) Batman burns a person alive with the batmobile c) Catwoman is thrown to her death and then bitten by cats d)She scratches a guy's face off e) a poor woman who is tied up is thrown to her death from a 20 story building f)christopher walken is electrocuted brutally. Now, by that logic, Batman Returns is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better movie than The Incredibles cause it's also PG and it's much more violent. I used your logic, so if you rebate it with an argument I guess it'll show your logic is flawed like I said huh? Now onto the other argument. You are missing my point trying to come up with a convoluted answer that you think will baffle me. You are not being subjective, you are stating "The Incredibles is the best film of the 21st century, there's not a single one better", sorry but that's not leaving a lot of room for debate. It's like me saying "this ice cream is the most delicious thing to have ever existed" yeah, I am being so subjective.

Jun 22 - 09:27 PM

Juan Juan

Glad you liked my 1st paragraph, Manuel! However, I have to disagree with the part where you say, **"You say that since it's the most violent PG film, then it's good,"** because I never said that. But then I agree with your next sentence! **"That logic is not only flawed but it's stupid,"** which you probably didn't realize at the time you wrote it was based on the a previous sentence that is utterly incorrect & baseless. Oh, darn it, then you compare a PG-13 movie with a PG movie (**"Now, by that logic, Batman Returns is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better movie than The Incredibles cause it's also PG and it's much more violent. I used your logic, so if you rebate it with an argument I guess it'll show your logic is flawed like I said huh?"**), which I (and the MPAA & many parents) think is an important distinction, and so your part of this argument kind of makes my argument for me instead of refuting it, which I reckon was your intent. Oops! Then there's this: "**You are missing my point trying to come up with a convoluted answer that you think will baffle me."** Forgive my lack of clarity. My English professors & old Honors Program advisors at my alma mater would be ashamed of me. (Note to Juan: 3+ syllable words anger & baffle Manuel.) I'll conclude by simply restating my understanding of subjectivity, its inherent nature, and its inherent, universally understood place in the essence of participating in the wonderful world of RottenTomatoes.com.

Jun 22 - 10:55 PM

Manuel Granados

I'm glad you are delusional and think I made your argument for you, because you have made it a point to post paragraphs where you don't make a single point. But it's all good, you win, The Incredibles is the greatest piece of cinema to have been produced in the last 10 years, nay 20 years, whatever number makes you stop replying with all form and no content. And no Juanito, 3 syllable words don't baffle or anger me, but you can read whatever you want into my posts, I went to uni with people like you, your kind are so absorbed in their own truth that you end up feeling like you just had a conversation with a cat where you explained to the cat why clawing things is bad, then it goes claw things. If it makes you feel a total winner, you win, I lose, I concede, your arguments hold the most accurate and precise logic in the whole site, every movie you say is good is actually awesome. You sir win at rotten tomatoes.

Jun 23 - 08:26 AM

Jun 23 - 08:50 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Violent PG movies

Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark/Temple of Doom
Empire Strikes Back
The Towering Inferno/The Poseidon Adventure/Earthquake
Planet of the Apes
The Cowboys

I could go on but you get the point.

Jun 23 - 09:34 AM

Zachary P.

Zachary P

Juan, I see you've recently watched Midnight in Paris. Remember Michael Sheen's character? That's you.

Jun 28 - 01:23 AM

Dave J

He hasn't been around very much- so as to assume that he's still in his teens! Every true moviephile know this statement "I've said it before and I'll say it again: THE INCREDIBLES is the best movie of the 21st century so far" is not true! Why ask a question to a person who could be a very young fella?

Jun 22 - 03:54 PM

Juan Juan

I've been frequenting this website for years, officially a member since September 2008, though I'm pretty sure I was registered before that and had my old profile fall victim to one of RT's dreaded technical overhauls.

Commenting has been a rarity for me because I've been a tad busy overseas with the wars, but I enjoy now sharing this space with you fine people, even those of you who could stand to develop some tactfulness & openmindedness.

Jun 22 - 07:54 PM

Dave J

I really want to understand this, first you "just" stated that you hardly have any time to watch anything, so in some retropects I'm partially right that you haven't seen enough films to make this type of general comment when their must be about 30,000 films and more coming every week and out of all those films, "The Incredibles" was the absolutely the "best" one to choose from- this includes all the films that has come out of the Oscars in the 21st Century!

Jun 23 - 11:55 AM

Dave J

And even though you've been a member for awhile, it doesn't mean anything since any 10 to 15 year old can register here as well! But it doesn't take away the fact that I'm right when I say that you're not a true "moviephile" is fact, since you seem to be busy all the time with little time to see anything else, other than Pixar features!

Jun 23 - 02:05 PM

Juan Juan

Dave, if you'd kindly improve your reading comprehension, you'd see I mentioned that I've not had time to join these joyous comment boards over the years. I never said I've been at a shortage of time to watch movies, and I hope I never live in a world where that is the case. I've always averaged at least a movie a day, and most of the time when I'm not in the middle of an operation I find time to watch at least 2 movies a day. //

And the Oscars are a meaningless bloody joke, a disease that infects otherwise legitimate artistry. Hey, look at that, it's almost the 2 year anniversary of my epic HURT LOCKER review controversy. Read that and tell me if I'm a minor. (P.S. -- I'm 28!)

Jun 23 - 02:53 PM

Dave J

Well, I didn't read the replies above and only focused on the reply you did toward me. And duefully noted, that you're 28 but in my personal opinion, "The Hurt Locker" is the most realistic film about the Gulf I had ever seen in a long time than "The Incredibles" says about real life super heroes which we both agree doesn't really happen very often especially in real life except perhaps if someone were to pull a stranger out of being runned over by a subway train for instance, or saving someone from a house fire. I still liked "The Incredibles" because it does a good job on focusing on them, but "The Hurt Locker" is a reflection about what happens in real life, I would love to discuss "The Hurt..." with you here but it would take up alot of space!

So what I'm suggesting, is to see if you can change my mind by challenging me on my review, in a civilize discussion of course, why "The Hurt Locker" to you is so overrated by first read my review and then ask me anything about it!

Jun 23 - 04:23 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

For Violence in PG I'd say maybe Poltergeist.

Jun 23 - 08:03 AM

Manuel Granados

Oh really? The Assassination was a better movie than The Departed, Letters from Iwo Jima and The Last King of Scotland?

I shall keep my argument issued to you from the Punisher: War Zone thread: your taste is bad and you have too much free time. (This is not against Pixar or Ratatouille which I did like, it's solely against what you consider the greatest pieces of cinema)

Jun 22 - 03:09 PM

Juan Juan

To answer your questions: Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

And no, I don't have much spare time, but I tend to fill my time between missions with stuff that fulfills & rewards me, which is either movies or studying Pashto these days.

Jun 22 - 03:42 PM

anDy

Andreas Babs

actually that year had There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men (two of the best movies of modern cinema), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Atonement, La Vie en Rose, Sweeney Todd, and more. Tougher year than 2006 really. Jesse James and Ratatouille rule, but the first two I mentioned are instant classics. Of course, opinions vary and yours is very valid. Most people forget about Jesse James which I think is also fantastic, and many forget Ratatouille when it comes to Pixar I find (its usually Incredibles, Wall E, Up, Nemo, Toy Story before this one.)

Jun 22 - 04:08 PM

Bye bye

Steven Bailey

The Departed is a drastically overrated movie. The script is deteriorated by it's overt use of swear words, aside from the fact that it would've been an average script with or without the cursing. The acting was either over the top (Leo) or very bland (Marky Mark), along with it's overflow of character cliches. The editing was noticeably sloppy, and the musical selections were almost laugh inducing. The one area where it excelled, it's plot, was simply borrowed from the movie Internal Affairs. By far Scorsese's worst effort for a movie that wasn't critically bashed.

Jun 22 - 04:36 PM

Shiva the God of Death

Noah F

Um...that's bull. Overuse of swear words? Sorry they were trying to be realistic. I knew people in high school who used more swear words then Jack in The Departed.

Jun 22 - 07:23 PM

Manuel Granados

Now that's subjective. Because I personally find Mark Whalberg's acting the most salvageable thing of the movie. Second is the musical score, which suits the movie perfectly and creates a very good vibe. But I will agree, I only put The Departed up there because it was the Oscar winner and the first one to come to mind from that year. The two anDy said I think are vastly superior to The Departed but it is in no way a mediocre Scorsese film, just not the one that should have landed him his Oscar. And I agree with the overuse of swear words with Shiva, the characters are all blue collar or criminals, last I checked they did swear a lot (hell I swear a lot and I'm neither, HS kids swear a lot and are neither yet lol)

Jun 22 - 09:36 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Infernal Affairs.

Jun 23 - 09:36 AM

Christopher256G

Christopher Greffin

Those were 2006 films not 2007.

Jun 23 - 09:54 AM

Bye bye

Steven Bailey

Toy Story 3 isn't tied with Black Swan, it's easily a better movie that Black Swan was.

Jun 22 - 04:29 PM

megahew

Bob Smith

I actually thought Assassination of Jesse James was better than any of the aforementioned 2007 films listed. I do not know how a discussion about Pixar films came to this.

There is this concept called "subjective." Huh.

Jun 22 - 06:27 PM

Juan Juan

Time will probably prove this to be true, as I doubt I'll ever tire of seeing TOY STORY 3D over the years, but nothing in 2010 was quite like my first viewing of BLACK SWAN, the only movie since THE WIZARD OF OZ to actually make me feel scared.

Jun 22 - 08:17 PM

Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark/Temple of Doom
Empire Strikes Back
The Towering Inferno/The Poseidon Adventure/Earthquake
Planet of the Apes
The Cowboys

I could go on but you get the point.

Jun 23 - 09:34 AM

Zachary P.

Zachary P

Jun 28 - 01:23 AM

Jun 22 - 03:54 PM

Jun 22 - 07:54 PM

Jun 23 - 11:55 AM

Jun 23 - 02:05 PM

Jun 23 - 02:53 PM

Jun 23 - 04:23 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

For Violence in PG I'd say maybe Poltergeist.

Jun 23 - 08:03 AM

Mr. PersonGuy

Ray Raymond

"Pixar has been known to build a winsome feature around what looks like a questionable storyline, but they've also developed some wonderfully original stuff -- like 2004's The Incredibles, which looks at what can happen when a superhero trades in costumed adventure for domestic tranquility too soon."

I hope RT realizes that's a kid's version of Watchmen. (note: The Incredibles is still great in spite of that)

Jun 22 - 03:06 PM

Bow Ties are Cool

The Holy Rainbow of Awesomness

Yeah I agree about how the Incredibles is a rip-off a watchmen. It's great but still a rip-off. Also how every superpower they have is extremely unoriginal especially violet's who has the exact same powers as the invisible woman.

Jun 27 - 01:02 PM

Jun 22 - 03:09 PM

Juan Juan

To answer your questions: Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Jun 22 - 03:42 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Infernal Affairs.

Jun 23 - 09:36 AM

Christopher256G

Christopher Greffin

Those were 2006 films not 2007.

Jun 23 - 09:54 AM

Juan Juan

To answer your questions: Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Jun 22 - 03:42 PM

Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark/Temple of Doom
Empire Strikes Back
The Towering Inferno/The Poseidon Adventure/Earthquake
Planet of the Apes
The Cowboys

I could go on but you get the point.

Jun 23 - 09:34 AM

Zachary P.

Zachary P

Jun 28 - 01:23 AM

Mr. Dufresne

Chip McNair

I love Pixar, and I will regardless of whether Cars 2 sucks or not. I'm just glad that it wasn't Toy Story 3 that did. And that user ranking is really puzzling. Neither Toy Story 2 nor A Bug's Life should be lower than Cars (that's just my opinion, though). btw, Toy Story is my favorite movie of all time, and since I love the sequels about just as much, it's safe for me to say that they are, too.

Jun 22 - 03:45 PM

TheAnimatorRator

Megan Gierasch

HA! Well there is there 12th film, and you know with every dozen eggs, there will at least be one rotten one. And for those who say your not interested, you know you're going to go see it anyways XP. *guilty*

Jun 22 - 03:51 PM

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast