Casper: A Spirited Beginning Reviews

February 15, 2015
Absolutely cringeworthy. Oh god Steve Guttenberg, how could you.
November 23, 2009
Worse in every respect. Bad effects acting and plot just dumb
April 14, 2009
Rodney Dangerfield and Jesse's girlfriend from Full House alongside Casper - sounds good...
September 14, 2013
Le falta la profundidad y el aire frío que tanto caracterizaba a su ¿secuela? y que la hacían especial. Una lástima.
½ February 28, 2013
An abysmal prequel to a really bad movie.
½ November 4, 2012
A predictable but cute prequel to 'Casper' (1995) that will satisfy its young audience.
½ October 10, 2012
Oh boy. Oh boy, is the child in me grounded for a month. Here's goes: I used to like this trash as a child.................................................yeah. Decided to take the memory lane trip. Realized how horrid it was.

The first movie had great CGI and it still looks amazing. The CG in this is poor. This film looks like a kid with aftereffects did it. What do you expect from a direct to video film.

The editing is sped up and lazy. Just watching the slapstick just makes my brain bleed. It's like it was made for kids with ADHD.

It has the typical kids becomes friends with inhuman creature plot, the typical school bully villain, and it just your lazy 90's kids film.

To let you know how bad this film is, here's the plot in a nutshell: We have a mansion that needs to be knocked down for no reason, other people are protesting, Steve Guttenberg's character hires a demolition expert to blow up the house, the bullies put Chris inside and lock him up, the father discovers this and tries to get the demolition expert to stop, but he wants to destroy the house with the boy inside anyway......... yep, the demolition expert wants to blow up the house even with a boy stuck inside. Either the writers have forgetting to make the demolition expert care or he's just a horrible person similar to Mr Blonde in Reservoir Dogs.

The whole battle between Steven Guttenberg's character between Chris's teacher is muddled up and confused. She's suppose to be a friend to Chris but slags off his father in front of him. What a nice lady!

It throws all logic of ghosts out the window as the finale involves Casper eating the dynamite and it explodes inside him. Yes, he ate it and it didn't go through him. Remember in first film where the ghosts were eating the cakes and they were going through them? Did the makers of this film forget to watch the first film. Oh, yeah. There's bit where Casper sits on a rusty spring and it hurts him...............................................................HOW CAN A SPRING HURT A GHOST? You might as well shoot the ghosts and they will feel pain.

This film is downright horrible. This film is best laid to rest.
½ August 26, 2012
If i'm right, I remember seeing this on Cartoonnetwork. It was ok.
June 14, 2012
cool movie liked it when i was a kid
April 15, 2012
The original Casper was good enough - no need for a sequel!
March 31, 2012
ya it wasn't that great
½ March 26, 2012
tehee ill admit yes ive seen it.
March 20, 2012
I've seen it... but I can't remember it
March 3, 2012
I seen this movie Casper - A Spirited Beginning and really liked this movie.
August 12, 2011
I used to watch this movie when i was little! Now im not so sure about it! i need to watch it again! But without a doubt its good for kids!!!
August 11, 2011
This film has horrible effects and doesn't even come close to the 1995 version. And what really bothers me is that the kid doesn't even get scared when he sees casper, he actually gets happy. That kid has some issues. Yeah it's not very good.
September 6, 2010
I only watched this because it went along with the other two Casper movies, but it's a prequel, most prequels aren't good, and this is no exception. It has a bit of the charm from the first two, but overall it's just so-so.
½ May 9, 2011
Obviously not as good as the first movie, but this was still kind of cute... It really was a nice prequel, but the plot really wasn't as strong. Looking back at how Casper became "The Friendly Ghost" was kind of fun, but in my eyes it was still a mistake. Overall, it was an alright movie with some dumb fights, the return of dumb, dumber and dumbest and one hell of a messy kitchen...
November 24, 2010
While its no match for the 1995 version its a fairly good kids flick that went straight to video back in the late 90's. Its definitley aimed at a much younger audience so its not as enjoyable as the first, but theres still enough there to make it watchable. I didn't really like any parts that had Kibosh or Snivel included, two ghosts from the undead world. A lot of slapstick humour as well, most of which didn't work out too well. Overall young kids will get their kicks out of it and enjoy it.