96% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Cat From Outer Space Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
A cat from space needs help getting home? This is one of the many cat movies from Disney, but it' not the best, in fact it may be the worst. Some kids may find it fun, but it's way too silly and stupid, so I'm not sure about that.
Lafe F

July 7, 2007
A straight-forward Disney movie made during the science fiction craze of "Star Wars". I guess they were still doing the effects for "The Black Hole" so quickly threw this one out to try and catch the kids in the hype.

It has a very plain story about the military securing a flying saucer, and a cat who needs help from humans to get back to his home planet. Hey! It sorta sounds like E.T.'s plot four years later.

There's an interesting game of pool where the cat helps them win with his hi-tech glowing collar.

I didn't care for the human characters much, as they were all goofy unlikeable adults. There weren't any kids to identify with in this movie; just the cute little kitty cat, which kind of reminded me of "That Darn Cat!" and Morris from the "9 Lives" cat food ads.
Leigh R

November 14, 2006
So funny...
chadroesti
chadroesti

May 14, 2009
Still think this is a decent movie. Good ol Disney provides a movie about a talking, telekinetic Cat from outerspace? Cute and kinda funny, kids should still like this movie today. I sure did when i was little.
June 27, 2009
Call me crazy but I like this movie. It's funny at times and the effects weren't that bad for the time period. Plus the cat is really cute.
phaedrus99
December 24, 2008
this can't have been a very good movie but at nine years old I thought it was the greatest thing on earth
firstamb
July 8, 2008
The theme of spacemen from the beyond was a staple of 50s cult cinema, so why not let the cats in on the cat? This strange little story of a feline from space is actually at times great.
wolfkarma
April 2, 2008
this is so so funny, yes the special effects are corny but hey it was made before the 80's so give them a break
December 30, 2007
Star Wars, The Shaggy DA and The Cat from Outerspace, a bunch of fun, I loved this movie, still do actually.
SummerBound
December 8, 2007
AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this movie!!!!! A TALKING CAT THAT CAN MAKE PEOPLE FLY IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lavenderfawn
May 25, 2007
I actually saw this on the Disney channel a long time ago...really stupid. But the kitty sure is cute!
navywifecvn68
April 30, 2007
Fun to watch again and again - all these years; even though it is so outdated in technology and such.
adecker31
April 15, 2007
Another one I watched drunk with Terhune after watching The Nashville Network's Friday night line-up of sippy-holing and demolition derbying.

This was a good one.
February 20, 2007
A classic Walt Disney film with interesting characters and great special effects from that time. I seen this movie when I was a kid and still love it today. Ken Berry and Sandy Duncan are superb and the supporting cast like McLean Stevenson and Harry Morgan.
alexis4soccer
February 17, 2007
SAW IT WITH MY FAMILY WHENI I WAS YONGER AND I LOVED IT I HAVE SEEN IT 204 THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE IT
stevesparks1971
October 31, 2006
This movie is from a time when Ken Berry was in every movie that was being made. This is a really good movie. I like Sandy Duncan especially since we are from the same state. This movie should be seen by everyone at least once.
March 26, 2006
I actually liked this movie a lot when I was growing up. It was pretty good. Should watch it again sometime
June 26, 2014
It's a great film. One of Ken Berry's best work since F Troop.
May 6, 2012
The only good thing about this film is the cat.
May 28, 2012
one of my favorite films of my childhood..that pool hall scene was so funny:)i miss those days...