Cats & Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cats & Dogs Reviews

½ April 2, 2016
It was directed by the same guy that directed son of the mask
Need I say more?
March 10, 2016
It has a cute, fun concept. This could be a fun little family film, with a lot of funny opportunities, it just fails on just about every opportunity.
½ August 19, 2012
Innocent and wildly fun animal movie. It get's extra points for making cats the villains since I'm more of a dog person. I enjoyed it and think it's very clever. It's pretty childish and silly but there is still fun to be had with it.
January 5, 2016
Never liked this movie.
December 14, 2015
Very silly, but a ton of fun if you can let go of your disbelief.
½ November 7, 2015
Our day has come.

For years the dogs and cats have secretly been at war with technology beyond the human's wildest imagination. They attack each other and so far, the dogs are winning the war. The cats decide it is time to fight dirty and spring a new plan on the dogs. This new plan may threaten to expose the dogs and cats in their true form. Can the dogs keep the war a secret while defeating the cats?

"I'm not nervous. I stink, but I'm not nervous."

Lawrence Guterman, director of Son of the Mask, delivers Cats & Dogs in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture was just okay but the special effects were fun. There were some good lines in this overall average picture. The acting is as you'd expect for the genre and the cast includes Jeff Goldblum, Elizabeth Perkins, Alec Baldwin, and Tobey Macguire.

"He talks too much and sheds all over."

We recently came across this on Netflix and added it to the wish list. We felt this was clever and well done and has some good one-liners. My daughter watched it from beginning to end. This is definitely worth a viewing with your child but isn't an all time classic or must have for your DVD collection.

"Evil does not wear a bonnet."

Grade: C
November 2, 2015
The best movie of cats and dogs I have seen
October 3, 2015
If cats and dogs could really speak. What an interesting world it would be.
September 28, 2015
A crap knock off to the spy parody genre, this has no redeeming features except for that they got Blofelds cat from You Only Live Twice, thats cool.
October 8, 2012
As a cat lover, I want rant on about how cats are always the "bad guy." But this movie could really be anyone & anybody and it would still be the same ordinary, half-funny and cheap movie.
June 26, 2015
Still to this day Cats & Dogs tells the story of the history of both species while putting in a creative twist making it a battle of good vs evil as well.
June 8, 2015
Okay kids film. The original Babe is far more appealing than this.
½ June 7, 2015
Cats & Dogs offers the kind of simple, high-spirited entertainment that pleases kids and won't entirely annoy adults.
June 5, 2015
Meh, it was all right.
½ May 25, 2015
A cute family film. (of course I thought of this idea years before, but I am not saying Hollywood stole my idea, but I have been looking for bugs around my house more often).
August 14, 2014
finally a movie that makes the rivalry of cats and dogs fun
April 19, 2015
7yfihihkihmhifiyciyv
March 5, 2015
A pleasant waste of time for the whole family. The interesting premise could have been done a lot better, but for what it's worth, it won't damage your brain.
½ July 12, 2007
I hate talking pet movies, specifically ones with so much CGI but this is probably the best of its kind.
May 2, 2011
A spy take on the feud between cats & dogs with good comedy and good cast, but there are some moments that are troubling to be watched by pets lovers. (B-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)