Stephen King's Cat's Eye Reviews

½ April 1, 2015
This was fun to see again. 3 stories, the first one, with James Woods trying to quit his smoking habit is the best (who knew Alan King could be so menacing?) while the other two are so so. The last one is certainly something we've seen before, lots. And the second is something we haven't, but really does seem out of place (and is almost a "horror/suspense" version of the Harold Lloyd classic "Safety Last".
January 24, 2010
another film I've only caught bits of
October 23, 2014
Pretty decent collection of Stephen King short stories in which only one has a supernatural angle. My favorite involves a pet cat protecting a girl from the miniature monster hidden in her room
½ August 17, 2014
Some of King's better short stories still stand up in this film, even if the cat's story piecing them together is weak.
½ August 17, 2014
Stephen King is always great as horror film writer or source, but "Cat's Eye" is not his best and even almost not scary. Two thing is good in this film : The cat is gorgeous and first story is eerie.
July 26, 2014
Stephen King Presents This Uneven But Entertaining Trilogy Of Short Stories Seamlessly Linked Together By A Cat. All Three Stories Are Greatly Written By One Of The Masters Of Horror. This Film Has Great Performances From Both James Woods & Drew Barrymore. However This Is An Average, Decent And Enjoyable Horror Film However. Although The Stories May Be Well Written But The Script Is Terrible In Some Places. Director Lewis Teague Does A Solid But Average Job But Does Do His Best With What Is Provided.
October 29, 2013
Cat's Eye (OR - Stephen King's Cat's Eye) - thriller film directed by Lewis Teague, and script written by Stephen King. An anthology film that borrows three stories to correlate with each other, namely 'Quitters Inc.'/The Ledge/General. Starring James Woods and Drew Barrymore (as a kid).

Quitters Inc. - Film begins with cat chased by the dog. She jumps onto a delivery-truck and arrives in New York City - here she imagines a dummy in the display turning into a kid-girl asking for help.

Soon we see the cat captured and taken by the Quitters Inc. James Woods a chain-smoker visits Quitters Inc. as recommended by his buddy to help him quit smoking. The doctor shocks him by telling that everytime he draws out his cigarette, he (Dr.) would target his wife and kid - later he is given a demo to see, in which the Cat (captured earlier) is given minor electronic shots.

The Ledge - The Cat arrives in Atlanta, where she is picked up by greedy casino-owner (who's fond of gambling). He abducts a tennis-player with whom his wife is having intimate relations. He asks the man to go around in circumference of the penthouse building, on his top-floor over the exterior-edge-not only he would pardon him but also let him have his wife.

General: Finally the cat arrives in secluded town, where she finds the little girl (Drew Barrymore) who was asking for the help. She notices tiny monster creature hopping inside her house, to harm her. The girl's parents do everything to keep the cat out from releasing disease or whatsoever.

I would never call this as a horror film, instead it falls in the category of 'fantasy' and 'thriller'. Apart from the final part (General)-which contained mediocre special-effects and laughable lighting inside the house; the rest of the two of the opening parts simply did everything for me, both in terms of sustaining satiric dialogues and scene while also scaring the crap out of you.
½ February 8, 2012
Its nothing like I expected it to be but It's damn hilarious.
April 26, 2014
A bizarre horror-comedy from Stephen King, Cat's Eye is uneven and poorly crafted. This anthology of tales follows an aversion therapy clinic that uses mafia tactics, a sadistic millionaire who makes an unusual wager, and a child who's being stalked by a troll. Each segment has a different tone, and the troll story feels especially out of place. Additionally, the through-line connecting the various stories is tenuous and weak. However, the casting is rather interesting, and features James Woods, Robert Hays, and Drew Barrymore. Yet as bad as the film is (and it is bad), Cat's Eye is mildly entertaining and has its moments.
April 11, 2008
Classic. The final story with the troll is my favorite!!
November 10, 2009
Not the best example of a horror anthology, to be honest. A lot of the stories aren't linked together well, and it isn't all that scary. James Woods is good in this, and little Drew Barrymore is endearing; but the best performance belongs to the cat that is featured in the movie.
½ October 12, 2013
Not the greatest of Stephen King's movies I've seen so far. But quite original.
½ September 18, 2013
Firstly, this movie isn't scary. It isn't scary at all. It's completely fucking hilarious. And I don't mean that in disrespect to the director, or anyone else involved. I know that it's marketed as a horror movie, and the very inclusion of the author's name would have drawn many soon-to-be-disappointed horror buffs into watching the film. But there's no way this was not intended to be a comedy. It's taking the piss, and enjoying every second of it, and anyone who goes in with that preconception should also be able to sit back and laugh along with this silly and disjointed anthology. The director, Lewis Teague (who subsequently directed 'Cujo'), applies intentionally that cheesy feel of 1980's camp horror, but this just adds to the film's bizarrely enjoyable wit. 'Cat's Eye' is no masterpiece by any stretch ... but I don't know, I just had a really good time watching it.
September 8, 2013
An uneven anthology horror movie. Cat's Eye carries two great stories and one not so much.
August 17, 2013
Dos de mis historias cortas favoritas de Stephen King fielmente adaptada, ademas una tercera historia original bastante divertida, aunque infantil, que demuestra por que es importante tener un gato en casa, uno nunca sabe cuando un troll pueda atacar.
½ July 25, 2013
While it's bit of a messy anthology due to it being centered around the cat, none of the stories are dull and the film ends quite entertainingly. Ton of callbacks to previous King Films in the beginning. My favorite segment would have to be the last one, that's one brave kitty, and a creepy scenario. The other two segments drag a little, but they're still suspenseful. Nice casting and good acting, and some terrible sets and effects. Cat's Eye is wholesome Steven King entertainment.
½ May 16, 2013
An excellent horror anthology film, that is very close in ranking to the original "Creepshow", when it comes to horror anthologies (:
½ March 6, 2011
I had originally thought I had seen this before, I guess I had just seen the final section, but even most of that I didn't remember.

The film is three stories connected by this one cat. In the first two, it's just kind of there, while the third story it is a main aspect.

The score was cheesy through all sections. The nods to other King films were kind of fun. One character is watching Dead Zone, another reading Pet Sematary. The film begins with a Cujo look-a-like chasing the cat, who are both nearly run over a car that says it's Christine.

The first story was pretty good, as James Woods is a smoker that goes to this place that specializes in making people quit. Through horrible acts mind you. I felt that a company like this could never be real. Having spies following him around, or spying in his own house, and if he got caught, shocking people he cared about? The end was humorous.

The second act is Robert Hays being forced to walk around a building on the ledge by some rich douche. You kind of know how it will end as soon as he starts walking.

The last act is this little creature coming out at night and stalking an adorable Drew Barrymore. The cat arrives to save her. I found it interesting that the creature was trying to suck the life out of her, and her father even says that is why cat's are bad, as they can do this too. And King would later make that into another film: Sleepwalkers.

Anytime any effects are needed, mostly in the third act, they can look really bad. The scene matting looks fake like it did back in the day.

If you are looking for a more serious Creepshow, this film is for you!
½ April 14, 2013
A very smart film. I really really enjoyed this.
June 7, 2007
The best part is the final story and what happens to the monster that comes out of the wall. I enjoyed that very much and it was a good pay off. The rest is a mixed bag of thrill and chill that works alright, but it's hard not to notice the green screen scenes that stick out like a sore thumb. Interesting enough though.