Six Superheroes That Deserve Another Movie

Summary

If "Ghost Rider" gets a sequel, why not these characters? Back to Article

Comments

nate2709

Nate 2709

Daredevil and FF yes.

Feb 16 - 02:00 PM

tgibfo

Matt Ritchey

Spawn and Deadpool are the only two I'd pay to see. But man, I've wanted them to re-do SPAWN ever since............ well, ever since I left the theatre after seeing SPAWN.

Feb 16 - 02:53 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Moon Knight, Deadman, The Question, Swamp Thing, Badger, LOBO(!!!), GREEN ARROW(!!!), Warlord, Hawkman (on Hawkworld)

Feb 16 - 03:55 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

The writer of this article (credited to 'staff') is pitifully stupid. Do you think David Fincher will ever do a Venom movie? And saying "Spiderman 3" is among the worst superhero films? You mean like "Batman and Robin", "Superman IV", "The Punisher" (either), "Howard the Duck", or any of the made-for-TV disasters like "Captain America", "Fantastic Four", "JLA", or "Dr. Strange"?

Feb 16 - 04:02 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

That reminds me! Add Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate to the first list. AND SUBMARINER!!!

Feb 16 - 04:03 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Would love to see a noir version of The Question or a Secret Six/Suicide Squad movie like The Dirty Dozen.

Feb 16 - 04:50 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Feb 16 - 04:02 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Feb 16 - 04:03 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Feb 16 - 04:50 PM

AccursedArachnid

Accursed Arachnid

NO Spawn, please. Leave that character where it belongs: The 90's. And Venom needs to stay a villain. They ruined his character when they attempted to cash in on his popularity by diluting him as an anti-hero(Much like The Punisher).
I'd love to see a Deadpool film, but I hate to break it to the writer, Rob Liefeld may have designed and named the character, but it was Joe Kelly that made him into the "merc with a mouth". Liefeld couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.
As far as the others, I'd love to see new versions of DD and the FF.

But here are some Marvel/DC characters that deserved a first film before Ghost Rider got a second: Wonder Woman, Sub-Mariner, Dr. Strange, Green Arrow, Luke Cage, Aquaman, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Deadman, Morbius(With the vampire craze, where is he?), The Spectre, Captain Marvel(Mar-Vell), The Phantom Stranger, Warlock, Longshot, Legion of Super-Heroes.

In other words, this sequel is completely unwanted.

Feb 16 - 09:58 PM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Aquaman? Haha. Are you for real?

Feb 17 - 06:18 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Aquaman? Haha. Are you for real?

Feb 17 - 06:18 AM

Todd Williams

Todd Williams

MoonNight could be really good. Batman with a supernatural twist. Another Daredevil I would like to see. This time more noirish/grittier.

Feb 17 - 07:13 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Of all of these, Fantastic Four is the one that deserves it the most. However, I really hope they don't ty the "oh, let's make all gritty and dark like Nolan's Batman trilogy" I'd rather they tried An Incredibles approach, which was everything the first Fantastic Four should have been (though I think the second was a big improvement. Not a great film, but a servible one) Daredevil is also another one deserving a reboot, while Deadpool could work.

On the other hand, I think Venom and Catwoman are better off in their respective franchises rather than being main characters. Have no idea about Spawn at all, having not seen the movie or read the comics so I have no comment on it.

Oh, and I agree with Janson J. - Spiderman 3 one of the worst superhero movies ever made? One of the most dissapointing, maybe, but certainly nowhere near the levels of Electra and Catwoman. In fact, I'd argue that its the best part 3 superhero movie ever made, though admittedly that's not saying much (I'd be very surprised if TDKR can't take that title away from it)

Feb 17 - 07:23 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Has another Superhero movie made it to part 3 besides the original Batman's and Superman's which I've gotta agree with you on.

Feb 17 - 08:05 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Well, there's also X3 and Blade Trinity (though that depends on how you would classify the Blade films) Yeah, like I said it's not saying much, and even if TDKR ends up being Nolan's worst film, it'll still take the title of best part 3 superhero movie, but as of now, I think most would agree that Spiderman 3 deserves the honor.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see how Iron Man 3 ends up. Apart from the fact that it's a part 3 superhero movie, it sees the director of the first two movies getting replaced which except for Prisoner of Azkaban (which had the advantage of strong source material to base it on) and Toy Story 3 (which had the director being someone who also worked on the first two) has practically always ended in dissapointment. On the other hand, they've gotten Shane Black, who has a pretty impressive record even if he only directed one film, plus Iron Man 2 was an exception to the superior second superhero film trend, so maybe Iron Man 3 will also be an exception to the dissapointing part third trend.

Feb 17 - 09:33 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Good call, I knew there were some out there, I was just drawing a blank. I think however you're forgetting the epic masterpiece The Guyver 3, which, I think we can all agree, is pretty much the Citizen Kane of it's genre...

Feb 17 - 09:45 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Don't forget Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die (In Germany its The, Darkman, The)

Feb 17 - 12:05 PM

Feb 17 - 09:33 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Feb 17 - 09:45 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Don't forget Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die (In Germany its The, Darkman, The)

Feb 17 - 12:05 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

xmen unfortunately

Feb 17 - 09:33 AM

King  S.

King Simba

Feb 17 - 09:33 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Feb 17 - 09:45 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Don't forget Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die (In Germany its The, Darkman, The)

Feb 17 - 12:05 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

xmen unfortunately

Feb 17 - 09:33 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Feb 17 - 09:45 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Don't forget Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die (In Germany its The, Darkman, The)

Feb 17 - 12:05 PM

Nick Garren

Nick Garren

would love to Norbert Sykes get the big screen treatment. Badger was a cool comic back in the day. But I think he's a bit too fringe for it to be a big box office draw. Plus the subject matter of his mental illness (multiple personalities)would be a PR nightmare. You would have to update it a bit, Sykes is a vietnam vet so it would be Gulf war? I'm thinking. Would depend on the casting and the director if it would be a success for whatever studio wanted to do the movie. I'd go see anyhow.

Apr 17 - 03:08 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships