Caveman Reviews

½ June 26, 2011
Caveman, looks silly and sometimes presents a poor script. But this Carl Gottlieb's comedy is really funny together with his special effects and unforgettable scenes.
deano
½ March 5, 2007
This spoof of One Million Years B.C. with ex-Beatle Ringo Starr as the prehistoric hero is ridiculous and quite brainless fun because of the amount of sexual innuendo, it is definitely not recommended for kids. The delightfully ridiculous stop-motion animation dinosaurs led by David Allen are hilarious!
flixsterman
½ January 18, 2009
One of my guilty pleasures.
nuheart
½ January 5, 2007
A guilty pleasure from my childhood -- but not guilty enough to rate higher than this...
iLeo
December 25, 2007
Hilarious!
chadroesti
June 23, 2007
Back when you had to beat it before you could eat it
½ May 8, 2010
I recently found this one to show to my daughter, who is a big Ringo Starr fan. Even though this film is now about 30 years old, we both still laughed and laughed. The jokes are juvenile, but well placed. Very much recommended!
March 1, 2010
This film has a very special place in my heart. Whenever I was sick when I was growing up and my Dad was on 'Sick Kid' watch, he'd run out to the rental store and bring this home.

This was a really big favorite when I had my tonsils removed in the 7th grade. A couple years ago Josh found this for me on DVD...when I'm feeling under the weather or sick, in the same old tradition, he offers to pop it in to watch.

It was a simple script and the bulk of it has made it into my friends vocabulary. There's nothing better than running into others who laugh and nod as words like 'pookah' and 'zug-zug' tickles peoples memories and they join in with words they remember. It's especially fun to try and re-enact the fire pit music scene around the fire pit when camping. ;)

This is a guilty pleasure flick for sure.
½ November 29, 2007
There are plenty of funny moments, but it's the creatures that really steal the film. They're all animated by stop-motion and have the most ridiculously bulging golf-ball eyes.This movie is also almost entirely dialogued in "Caveman-ish" Apart from one scene, there's no English spoken at all. Most of the Stone Age films have been funny even if they were never made to be comedies: seeing animated puppet dinosaurs and listening to Stone Age people talking with silly grunts has usually proved to be too difficult task to perform properly, in case the film was meant to be taken seriously. Caveman does not suffer from this as it was already planned, to be a goofy parody of ancient humans and their misfortunes. Caveman is content to make parody of a Stone Age film without being a too serious film; not everybody will find it a pleasure because there are no clever jokes at all. More demanding viewers should be warned of puerile humor Caveman has in large amounts, but if you were especially looking for it, try this without hesitation. Dennis Quaid and John Matuszak sure were good-looking guys and able to handle comedy well. It's interesting considering the "reality" of the film.
½ September 4, 2007
As silly as this movie looks I adore it! It's fun and funny. not much done for special effects but, I was well entertained.
July 19, 2007
One of my all time favorite movies. A complete guy film but down right hilarious. Guys, you have to watch it.
June 22, 2007
Interesting spoof of caveman life done WELL before the Geico brothers!. Ringo Starr and an all-'star' cast come together to grunt and humpf while discovering music, fire, cooking, standing up straight, language and plants that make one go high. Usually on broadcast TV you may want this in your collection.
April 15, 2007
Horrible acting, interesting casting, cheesy special effects, fantastic educational film :D A classic!
April 14, 2007
It was around my house for ages, everyone always watched it, and yet, I didn't as much. Then, I turned six and started to watch it alot, and I can understand them! Thta's the weird thing, we can understand them SO well, and even use some of the wrods to be silly!
½ March 30, 2007
The cheap and cheesy caveman genre at it's best. However, the girls are scantly clad (though better dressed than in "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth") and some humor can be disturbing or simply inappropriate for children. Some drug usage, sexual themes, and Ringo Starr.
½ February 25, 2007
I will always remember this for the scene where the bug is one the cavaman's face and the other guys smushes it, that and the movie poster we used to have with the tag line "Back when you had to beat it before you could eat it." what more can you say...
½ June 8, 2006
I bought this DVD used and watched it with my boyfriend. He said "Is "The Apple" worse than this movie?" I said yes. He said, "Linda, I don't know how that can be..."
½ September 19, 2014
I don't care what everyone says, this is enough fun for me.
½ April 20, 2014
All the stop-motion effects in the world cannot save what amounts to a prehistoric film that's indecisive as to if its a spoof of the genre, or just a regular underdog comedy. It also doesn't help that, despite spirited performances, the actors are reduced to monotonous 'grugging' and lame slapstick.