Center Stage Reviews

½ October 31, 2011
This was my sister's favorite movie for the longest time, so if it wasn't for her I probably would have never seen this movie. So with that said, it is engaging and a good storyline. Everything you would expect from a typical teen drama film though.
July 27, 2010
I like that this dance movie boasts several full-length performances of imaginative pieces, not just heavily cut snippets. Amanda Schull is a bit dull as an actress, and how does Jody know that Cooper won't recant his offer if she doesn't sleep with him? Zoe Saldana is brassy and tough.
FilmFanatik
½ January 22, 2007
I remember almost nothing about this.
MeetMeinMontauk
May 24, 2009
Dancer movies are always good. Kinda.
movieguru12
April 5, 2009
Love this movie. Anything that is about dancing I usually like and this movie was one of them.
May 30, 2007
entertaining enough but depthless. Ballet is always good though.
December 2, 2007
Dreadful.
½ September 3, 2007
My sister dances and really likes this movie. I've got a so-so feeling about it.
deano
February 11, 2007
Interesting ballet class from the stereotypic characters to the mix of classical scores with bubblegum pop tunes. These dancers including actors/actresses are very good.
June 19, 2007
I love this movie. I don't care how cheesy and campy it was. I could watch this over and over again.
December 28, 2006
It was just what I thought it would be.
½ November 7, 2006
LOVED IT!
Beefy
September 23, 2006
Guilty pleasure viewing.
April 25, 2009
Loved it, wish I saw it when I was in high school. I loved Zoe Saldana's sassy character, Peter Gallagher looks beautiful at any age. I think anyone who is serious about ballet should see this film first, lol
½ November 23, 2010
Ok, ballet dancers can NOT ACT. The whole premise was just ridiculous-- that a dancer could get in to this prestigious ballet academy when she's still having problems with something as basic as turnout! Absurd. The token angry black girl was hugely problematic, and it's obviously annoying that the crappiest dancer in the whole school ends up our hero because she happens to fit the standard for attractiveness. I call bullshit!! The sub-plot about the best dancer being bulimic was probably the only worthwhile part of the movie, but I like it for the dance scenes; it's really all there is to like.
May 12, 2009
watched on 07/22/2009

Shawn's thoughts: Probably the best dance movie I've seen. Dance sequences are shot well and there is some quality composition. The story is compelling and doesn't rely much on formula.

Katie's thoughts: Best dance movie ever! Love the showcasing of ballet and use of real ballet dancers.
June 2, 2009
This is a great dance movie. I can't take my eyes off of it whenever I watch it. Always makes me want to get up and dance.
March 16, 2009
I don't know why it took me so damn long to watch this movie. I love dance movies, or should I say I love "GOOD" dance movies. The end performance was very enjoyable. I liked this movie a lot
½ February 26, 2009
cool dance movie. Only watched it once though. [I love how in Rena's review she described the movie as gay, especially the gay guy. lmao]