97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

White supremacy
Extreme violence
Hate crimes
Anti-semitism
White saviour bullshit (depicts whiteboy more interested in fighting racism than black girl is)
Male supremacy
Sexual harassment
Male entitlement
Ant-female sexuality
...Asserts that black girl is only helping proescute KKK crimes because of sexual favours
Pro-slavery attitudes
Slavery

That was pretty bland and full of racism apologism and no conclusion.
April 20, 2014
Seen very mixed reviews for this film but I happened to quite enjoy it. Surprisingly moving as Cayhall comes to terms with his crimes and meets his maker.
January 11, 2014
Hard to watch at times, but very well done. This film could've used better editing, because there's a lot of useless scenes here, but overall, a good film. I haven't read the Grisham novel though, so I can't say if this was a faithful adaptation or not.
July 7, 2008
Junk...bad acting and sorry I still don't have any sympathy for murderers on death row
July 24, 2013
A vastly inferior version of "Dead Man Walking"
July 18, 2013
Decent, although a bit preachy and the dialogue can be a bit irritating.
May 5, 2013
Completely under rated.
December 29, 2012
Good show! Gene Hackman does a good job acting!
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
September 18, 2012
Although it's excruciating and purposely emotional on every level, it seems a bit too over-talked most of the time. It's not as suspenseful as most of the previous adaptations of John Grisham's novels. However, I must say that Chris O'Donnell and Gene Hackman shows outstanding acting skills in this clash of two distant generations, with their contradicting viewpoints. Don't underestimate the tearjerker finale.
July 25, 2012
Underated. I found it compelling and thought provoking.
April 15, 2012
Not really a court room drama movie, more about releasing a man from prison. Has a couple of small twists but nothing engaging.
Matthew J.
April 14, 2012
Gene Hackman is as good as always but 'The Chamber' is an insulting, unsuspenseful would-be-wise courtroom drama.
Dave J
March 23, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012

(1996) The Chamber
THRILLER

Sometime during the 60's two young boys were killed during a bomb explosion, and it was soon found out that it was linked with the KKK with Gene Hackman as Sam being a prime suspect and is being sentenced to death. Back to the present day, and an inpsiring young lawyer, Adam (Chris O' Donnel) wants this case to be his first and to prove that he relly wasn't the one that did it, for reasons that he knows him and is part of a family member.

Whatever message this film is trying to convey, somehow gets lost since they're far more heinous acts than the one that is made up!

2 out of 4
April 8, 2012
A very mature and moving film. It's a pity the critics failed to turn up to see it, which is the only conclusion I can draw from their dreary and decapitated "critiques". USA Today's "criticism" is an appalling and irrelevant nose-blow. if you want a strong story line and some very emotional moments, watch this.
March 25, 2012
Really enjoyed this film, or what I can remember of it, Gene at his best.
January 14, 2012
I don't like Chris O'Donnell, definitely not in this role, and I think the film turned out much too weak. If Ron Howard and Brad Pitt had stayed on board, I feel the depth would have been kept, and it would have been picturesque at least.
consumerman
October 21, 2011
Good acting by Gene Hackman and Faye Dunaway. Some of the dialogue between Lela Rochon and Chris O'Donnell was trite and silly though. Good story.
August 20, 2011
Great acting placed right besides shitty acting. Worth watching just to see this contrast.