20% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Chances Are Reviews

Conner R

February 15, 2011
The cinematic counterpart to Heart and Souls; it's the other movie in which RDJ's body is taken over by restless ghouls. It's really funny and has a dynamite cast. The story is ridiculous at times, but i'm pretty sure that the intent of the movie was to play around with how bizarre ghost stories come off sometimes. When it want's to be, this has a great dramatic love story that spans over half a lifetime. The characters are believable as real people and their eventual conflict with RDJ having the soul of shooter MCGavin locked inside him.
Spencer S

July 13, 2010
Personally, I have a soft spot for Robert Downey Jr. films from the 90's, and Cybill Shepherd has always been a favorite of mine. That's the main reason I liked the film. It was zany, romantic, and funny. I'm sure people disagree based on their own agendas or views, but that's how I felt about the film, honestly.
Leigh R

November 9, 2006
Weird, but funny and adorable.
garyX
garyX

May 21, 2007
A reasonable romantic fantasy in which Cybill Shepherd's husband is reincarnated in the form of Robert Downet Jr., and proceeds to continue to woo her from beyond the grave. The criminal conspiracy sub plot seems tacked on, but Downey Jr. and Ryan O'Neil are affable romantic competitors and it has some modicom of charm. But doesn't anyone else find it just a little WRONG that the guy ends up sleeping with his own daughter...?!
deano
deano

February 19, 2007
Robert Downey Jr. is so hilarious in this heart-warming story of a man who gets an unforgettable second chance at love.
burgerstar
burgerstar

August 29, 2011
Good RD Jr movie.
Jessica v

February 19, 2009
What?
What just happened here? I swore... no, that can't be RDJ... no, it's... too... horrible...
Okay, needless to say, this was a giant, f'ing disaster. There were a couple of giggle-worthy moments, but the convoluted plot and wretched script, coupled with flat characters and incomprehensible choices of scenes... yeah. A giant, f'ing disaster. I would say this film suffers from "This scene is here because..." syndrome. I can just imagine the creative crew in a room, discussing, "Well, we need to show these two characters are close. Let's get them dancing on a merry-go-round! We need to show some sort of connection between the two lives. Ooh, let's keep making the same awkward situation fifty times! And don't forget, Cher needs to sing that final tune. Plot relevancy? Phfffft. Who *cares* about that, anyway." This officially makes my "Avoid Like the PLAGUE" list.
Donna D

October 21, 2008
A wonderful comedy. Of course this will never happen, but watching Robert Downey, Jr. perform in this amusing comedy is worth it. I loved the dance scene, which is my favorite with elder lady Fran Ryan at the Ball. Totally hilarious. A chick flick definitely. ;)
jimbotender
jimbotender

September 27, 2008
There are times when you wish to say once in a while "oh,I'm bored,why don't I tune in the TV and hey,stop on the first movie to watch,in case it might be a little interesting"?
Well,to be honest,this one was.After 40 minutes or so,the plot-line was so familiar you wanted to squeeze each screenwriter who passed film school.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
A favorite.
December 19, 2012
I saw this when I was a little girl and remember loving it so much. Haven't seen it as an adult but I will still rate it 5 for never leaving my memory.
MovieManiac415
August 29, 2008
Loved this movie. It was sooooo funny!! I couldn't stop laughing!! This was seriously pure genius.

Alex is so sweet. I just wanna hug him! Hes also hilarious! Miranda too! Shes so clueless though. I can't blame her though, she has no way of figuring out alex is her father... And Philip... Oh jeez. He just needs to finall get it over with and tell Corinne how he feels. He's such a baby! And Corinne, he needs to get over Louie. She seriously freaks me out with her obsessions of Louie... I dont get how Prhilip loves her. =P

Loved the ending. It was perfect.
toetellenutz
August 25, 2008
MUSHY HEARTWRENCHER - BUT I LOVED IT ANYWAYS ! Robert Downey Jr. has incredible acting skills and can make any part his own.
MichelleasaurusRex
August 12, 2008
Awesome movie. Really nice story. Heaven looked so fun. Robert Downey Jr. looked so gooood!!! This movie was really great, the ending was perfect.
September 3, 2007
Chances are has got to be one of the best casting jobs ever for the rolls that were available. This movie also is just wild to watch repeatedly to see what you missed the last time you watched it. It is drama, comedy, romance, and all rolled into a script that is probably one of the best scripts of this type ever written. The script rivals Heaven Can Wait, the casting rivals that of Star Trek (Imagine if you will, William Shatner as Spock and you will understand the importance that I speak of in casting), and overall this movie is just simply a joy for the whole family to watch. It is by far my favorite movie ever, and it brings the story full-circle like has rarely been done before or since.
queen97440
July 9, 2007
this was a bizarre incest themed drama posing as a comedy-- an unfixable problem that was "fixed" by making him forget he was her father?
RikusDreamer717
March 21, 2007
This was one of the cutest and sadest movies ever :(!!!! I cried so much, i loved the ending song that was the most that..*sob*..made me...CRY!!!!
hliltootm
February 3, 2007
ok, I only realized this a few days ago, but this and heart and souls both have robert downey jr....I love them
May 9, 2006
I remember seeing this on one of the first dates I ever went on. Just more proof that Robert Downey Jr rules; even at a younger age.
August 14, 2013
One of Robert Downey Jr.'s weaker films. The story is pretty bizarre, even by fantasy movie standards.