70% The Equalizer Sep 26

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Change of Habit Reviews

AJ V

September 5, 2010
This movie is slightly more interesting than Elvis' usual movies, and it really helps to have a great actress like Mary Tyler Moore in the film too, but it's still not a fantastic movie. If you're an Elvis or Moore fan you'll like it, though.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 7, 2007
depends on how you feel about mary tyler moore as a nun and elvis as a doctor!
jam233
August 30, 2009
Ill conceived idea to begin with, it's not very well cast. As much as I like Mary Tyler Moore, she stinks in this. Not at all convincing, but it does mean well and has a few good scenes, but overall it doesn't work.
jamilyn0276
March 9, 2009
I love Elvis. I always have, he is the definition of cool. I also love musicals, so I am a fan of Elvis's films.
This was Elvis's most serious, less singing role. He only sang four songs for this film, including the title song. This movie has my all time favorite Elvis song, Rubberneckin in it.
This movie also has a stellar cast. Mary Tyler Moore, Jane Elliot, Barbara McNair, and even Ed Asner. Although, I do prefer Elvis with Ann-Margaret. They always made such a lovely couple.
The only reason this movie gets 2.5 stars, is that i hated the ending. She was left with a choice and didn't make one. So, that kind of bothered me. Other then that Change Of Habit is a good Elvis movie, he did great in it.
sfarquhar1
December 30, 2008
very good elvis really good so was mary tyler moore great story line a must see for any elvis fan would have like a little more music
frostywater
April 11, 2008
This should not be rated G! Among other things is a very unrealistic, disturbing portrayal of a one-session cure for autism. Then there is the matter of the rape of a nun. Not recommended!
August 5, 2007
very good movie! but i'm curious if michelle & john would ever hook up...i know i'd take him, he was sooo nice to look at in this movie lol
May 27, 2007
I really enjoy this Elvis flick. "Rubberneckin'" get's me moving every time, it infectious. This was a departure for Elvis, one of his non heavy-laden musicals. It is definitely worth watching!
May 2, 2007
Elvis as an inner-city doctor? Mary Tyler Moore and Barbara McNair as nuns? This final Elvis movie is a trip.
bluejays86rock
February 24, 2007
Change of Habit is a kool song and Elvis looks sexy in this movie, he is a doctor in it and he looks very sexy.
jjandharvick
March 1, 2007
Elvis's best movie!! He actually plays a real guy who sings as a hobby. He was really, really good in this. He had amazing chemistry with Mary Tyler Moore.
shelbug65
February 8, 2007
Okay- so I like Elvis- and the love interest's name was Michele. Alright- so she was a nun- but still she got to kiss ELVIS!
starlett2005
May 19, 2013
Change of Habit is a decent film. It is about Dr. John Carpenter who helps the economically disadvantaged in an inner-city medical clinic. Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore give good performances. The screenplay is okay but a little slow in place. William A. Graham did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture but not one of my favorites.
The Critic
February 3, 2013
A standard Elvis Presley vehicle that doesn't offer anything new to his résumé.
koali e.
May 26, 2011
[I Don't see the location where I can give it STARS.]I put this on for inspiration. All the songs are just good and yet REALLY GOOD. It's a feel good movie - I try not to look at MTM as she bugs me so much here. Elvis is an international star now, although looking a bit thin. He is human Elvis. I Love seeing lovely Barbara McNair in this and many other faces to recognize. The gift of helps;free clinics;social change;education importance;even black power is represented;cute old snoopy ladies;old church out of touch; mention of the war. The songs are what I listen for and that great Elvis voice. I love everybody especially Elvis when I watch this movie. (except MTM in this).
Love the Dr. John Carpenter line "....this place can slow you down, don't you think?" To MTM in the convent.
moviebuff18cab