Change of Habit Reviews

February 25, 2015
Surprisingly well done movie. Elvis plays a doctor in the inner city very believably and the supporting cast all mixes well together. An Elvis movie that is inspiring? You bet. Go back in time to 1969 and feel the optimism that spread to a well established rocker and mainstream actress. Solid film that'll make you smile.
May 19, 2013
Change of Habit is a decent film. It is about Dr. John Carpenter who helps the economically disadvantaged in an inner-city medical clinic. Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore give good performances. The screenplay is okay but a little slow in place. William A. Graham did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture but not one of my favorites.
½ February 3, 2013
A standard Elvis Presley vehicle that doesn't offer anything new to his résumé.
½ December 26, 2012
How lucky was Mary Tyler Moore to land this part?
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
October 14, 2012
Elvis last movie (TTWII and On Tour were next) and it's damn good. Elvis looked great before going to Vegas and Mary Tyler Moore is hot in this with that Nuns outfit;)

The songs are great but Have a Happy seems out of place.

The one thing I don't like about this movie is the Autism aspect of it..It seems very out of date and the scene with Elvis/Mary and the kid is very uncomfertable to watch.

Well worth a watch even if you're not an Elvis fan.
½ July 30, 2012
J'adore les comédies-romantiques musicales d'Elvis Presley, mais Change Of Habit est clairement l'une des plus mauvaises. Elvis interprétant un docteur, c'est déjà moyen, mais Mary Tyler en soeur, il faut le faire!! Non, sincèrement, je n'ai pas trop tripé.
December 1, 2008
7/20/2012: Ok. Nothing special. Cheesy acting and not his greatest musical effort.
½ November 22, 2011
One of the better Elvis movies but still lacking in script and direction. It has two great leads. The ending is pretty stupid and leaves one hanging!
May 26, 2011
[I Don't see the location where I can give it STARS.]I put this on for inspiration. All the songs are just good and yet REALLY GOOD. It's a feel good movie - I try not to look at MTM as she bugs me so much here. Elvis is an international star now, although looking a bit thin. He is human Elvis. I Love seeing lovely Barbara McNair in this and many other faces to recognize. The gift of helps;free clinics;social change;education importance;even black power is represented;cute old snoopy ladies;old church out of touch; mention of the war. The songs are what I listen for and that great Elvis voice. I love everybody especially Elvis when I watch this movie. (except MTM in this).
Love the Dr. John Carpenter line "....this place can slow you down, don't you think?" To MTM in the convent.
½ May 4, 2011
It's a really good Elvis one of my top 10. I like it because of the song in the opener.
September 5, 2010
This movie is slightly more interesting than Elvis' usual movies, and it really helps to have a great actress like Mary Tyler Moore in the film too, but it's still not a fantastic movie. If you're an Elvis or Moore fan you'll like it, though.
½ January 4, 2005
CHANGE OF HABIT (1969)
½ May 30, 2010
Mary Tyler Moore was fantastic even she didn't look like nun and it feels for her natural to wear dresses (even she looks great in nuns clothes as well). Likewise Elvis who didn't look like doctor at all and playing doctor was weird but taking this just as entertainment he was good. Screenplay was mean in parts and story is ordinary and I even get irritated by the ending cause it feels like movie isn't finished. It's not something like other religious movies of the time. But I watched it as an entertainment without any deeper meaning and I enjoyed it.
½ August 30, 2009
Ill conceived idea to begin with, it's not very well cast. As much as I like Mary Tyler Moore, she stinks in this. Not at all convincing, but it does mean well and has a few good scenes, but overall it doesn't work.
½ August 30, 2009
½ March 9, 2009
I love Elvis. I always have, he is the definition of cool. I also love musicals, so I am a fan of Elvis's films.
This was Elvis's most serious, less singing role. He only sang four songs for this film, including the title song. This movie has my all time favorite Elvis song, Rubberneckin in it.
This movie also has a stellar cast. Mary Tyler Moore, Jane Elliot, Barbara McNair, and even Ed Asner. Although, I do prefer Elvis with Ann-Margaret. They always made such a lovely couple.
The only reason this movie gets 2.5 stars, is that i hated the ending. She was left with a choice and didn't make one. So, that kind of bothered me. Other then that Change Of Habit is a good Elvis movie, he did great in it.
December 30, 2008
I dont really care for movies that Elvis is in but because Mary Tyler Moore is in it I cant wait to watch it!
February 27, 2009