• R, 1 hr. 37 min.

46% Reckless: Season 1

Charlie Bartlett Reviews

Bethany E.
September 12, 2014
Oooh, this was a weird movie. But I think I actually kinda liked it.
August 26, 2014
a decent high school comedy
February 24, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 16, 2014
While the movie doesn't feel as natural as other teenage drama films, it does capture the adolescent life in a meaningful way.
November 29, 2008
If there were any justice in the world, Zac Efron would be the Applebee's waiter he ought to be and Anton Yelchin would be a giant star. He's got talent & charm and absolutely *makes* this movie. It's great, just rent it.
July 23, 2014
It's not breaking any ground but it's a teen comedy and a damn fine one at that. The story is unique enough to be interesting and mainstream enough to be relateable. All of the characters are finely crafted and seem real throughout. It's also damn funny
Marcus W

April 3, 2009
There are a LOT of teen dramas out there, this is one of the good ones.
June 25, 2014
I watched this movie only because RDJ playing as Mr. Gardner.
June 11, 2014
The concept is both original and for the most part creatively executed. It is certainly made stronger by Anton Yelchin's performance as Charlie, whose mixture of self-doubt and cockiness give us an interesting characters study. As a film however, lack of cohesion and a good ending keep this film from greatness.
May 31, 2014
Fun movie, nothing special though.
hipsterfilmreviews
February 10, 2014
Excellent casting. Sweet feel-good story. Downey's funny as usual.
January 27, 2014
Cute teen coming of age flick with a great cast. Not only teen problems are probed, but adult ones, too.
May 5, 2012
An average teen drama
December 30, 2013
It kind of juggles a bit more than it can manage, but for the most part I appreciated how honest and sweet "Charlie Bartlett" was. It's a film that so easily could have drawn its characters in a cookie-cutter fashion, but the writing and direction do a nice job of giving everyone some layers. The performances all around elevate the characters too.
January 7, 2009
A quirky dark comedy very intelligently written somewhat modern day version of Ferris Bruellers Day Off but much darker. A master of manipulation Charlie uses his charming skills to alter events to go his way. I thought it was brilliant because it was a teen angst type film but done in such a unique witty way.
December 21, 2013
Though the protagonist has a charm and a style that could carry the movie (which is funny and clever when it wants to be), it mixes teen drama clumsily reducing the eventual bite and polish to eventual mediocrity. Either be Ferris Bueller or a Gus van Sant film, Charlie.
December 10, 2013
I saw this movie when I was at my moms Ex-Boyfriends house when I was in sixth or seventh grade. it was kind of confusing, but pretty good overall.
December 1, 2013
A great coming of age dramedy. I didnt even know who downey was until I saw Iron man. Then I saw this again and appreciated it way more. Downey is king!
November 12, 2013
Starting out quite slow, a bit random, and lacking depth, Charlie Bartlett is still a fun and enjoyable ride.