67% Hercules Jul 25

Charlotte's Web Reviews

thmtsang
thmtsang

July 13, 2007
This was one of my favourite children's story. Wilbur is the runt of the litter who befriends Charlotte the spider who tries to convince the farmer to spare him by spinning words to describe Wilbur in her web. Funny characters. If you lived Babe you will love Wilbur.
Alexander D

July 20, 2011
Bad+
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
A great family film. Really heartwarming!
erika250
erika250

June 27, 2010
Charlotte's web is about a kid that saves a pigs' life. Over time her parents said that she could only keep the pig I the rut lives at her uncles farm. Wilber and the girl who saved him became so close that the mom got so worry about her kids well being. One day the pig knew that he had alone way ticket to the smoke house in the winter. Charlotte knew that she would die soon made Wilber a promise to save his life.
Pros
Good plot and acting
Con
Mother and the rat did not do good job acting.
michael e.
michael e.

May 1, 2011
Its a good live action take on the novel but it doesn't hold up when compared to the original chuck jones animated classic.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 5, 2011
A worthy adaption of the classic book
Lady D

March 25, 2007
Whilst the original of this film was made in a feature length cartoon, this remake takes the story into more modern animation and using real Actors with real animals mixed up with a little CGI.

The heart of the story is captured as per the original and of course is a fresh version for a new generation of kids.

Entertaining and easy watching.
Movie Monster

July 29, 2010
C
Jason O

August 15, 2009
Ok, to the obvious question. Is it as good as the cartoon movie? Well no, it's not, but it's a great live action remake! My dad often said we should go see it in theater but we never did and when we saw it at my aunt's, he fell asleep....he missed out!
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
I soooo love this film, its such a childs film but really its a family film that everyone can enjoy, even though its a spider and a pig its still realy heart warming and i swear i nearly cryed at the end but i wont tel you wot happens otherwise ill ruin it!
Dakota Fanning is fantastic and im relli a hugh fan she fab
Bobby H

June 30, 2008
When I was little I used to watch the cartoon. I love the fact they came out with a rea-life version instead of animated that im sure one day my future kids will be watching and my nephew already is.

It's a good movie for all kids and the entire family. It done the original justice and that's not something that is usually said about the majority of remakes. They done there researh well and all the actors nailed there roles.
Red L

April 19, 2008
Not a bad movie. I read Charlotte's Web to my kids 25 years ago, but I don't remember if the movie was faithful to the book.

I liked the mix of real and computer-generated characters. It was done quite seamlessly. The story is a typical kid-friendly, good-morals type of kid's show.
gor41
gor41

August 20, 2007
Enchanting intelligent adaptation of the much loved book.
Jose Z

July 19, 2007
A great film for kids, although if you have read the book or seen the animated version you will enjoy it too, but if not you will fell kind of out of place at the beggining but will spend a good time then. A movie that teaches about how strong a friendship can be no matter what. It was a very good adaptation, everything is just as it is, the characters, the scenery. It has some funny moments and it is also very touching and emotional, for example in thw scene when Charlotte dies you might drop a tear or two. The effects are very good also, its like the animals really could talk. The cast is good, Dakota Fanning's performance was good, she is one of the best young actresses nowadays. The voices were great every character voice was a good actor or at least someone famous, Julia Roberts as Charlotte, John Cleese as one of the Sheep, Oprah as the goose, Kathy Bates and Reba McEntire as the cows and in my opinion the best one of all was Steve Buscemi as the rat
Dan S

June 24, 2007
Ok, but not great.
Lafe F

June 22, 2007
Just not as special and magical as the animated version. There weren't the wonderful songs for one thing! The barnyard felt very much like the first "Babe" movie. It was interesting to see a live action version finally made, but kids didn't need it. I'll rate it as "okay".
Sophie B

June 5, 2007
A good film however a bit confusing and quite boring. something for the kids i think
Leigh R

June 5, 2007
Great cast for people and animation. Fantastic.
Luke B

June 2, 2007
As cute as pie, if pie is cute, and suitable for all. Charlotte's Web is a delightful translation of the classic novel. Each vocal performance is spot on, Roberts as Charlotte has a very motherly and comforting voice essential to the role. Hayden Church and Andre Benjamin add hilarious comical interludes and Buscemi was pretty brillaint. The adult cast suffer of course, all giving fair performances but at least they don't detract from their animal co-stars. The effects are amazing, with every single talking critter seeming real. Unfortunately it is the way of the story that it is quite repetitive with the whole find a word, save pig, pig not quite saved, find another word cycle, but still there's enough to keep eveyone happy. The ending is still a tearjerker.