Charlotte's Web Reviews

Kyle M ½ May 3, 2011
Really heartwarming, touching and cute at the same time; the perfect ingredients for families to enjoy in a film. Also, it's way more enjoyable than "Babe" and probably better than the original animated film. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
teddy w. teddy w. August 18, 2014
not bad and not good
Adam R February 15, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
Anh H ½ August 11, 2014
Such a sweet tale. But maybe because I love the book so much, I expect a little more from the movie.
Will N ½ August 10, 2014
This is a brilliant adaption of a book that I probably wouldn't read anymore--it's hilarious, it's got heart, and it reminds us to open our eyes to the miraculous things that are around us.
Meredith W July 23, 2011
30 years after reading and loving the story, it is still sad.
Eric H July 8, 2014
Very interesting movie . Just like the book . Has some of the best entertainers including Dakota Fanning , Cedric the Entertainer , Kathy Bates , Reba McEntire , Julia Roberts, and Oprah Winfrey.Growing up the book and animated movie amazed me and so I really wanted to watch this movie and glad I did. The cast and voices were well done. The animals were beautiful and really set the scenes well. There are some really funny, humbling, and tearful moments in the movie, but you won't regret watching it at any age.
Charissa G May 16, 2014
Horrible. Way too different from the book. Dakota Fanning is great as Fern, however, but that's the only saving grace in this film. And Julia Roberts as the voice of Charlotte? Poor choice. This film takes a beautiful classic and cheapens it with present day bodily function "humor" and far too many liberties from the book.
Janette R ½ March 23, 2009
cute story, but just don't take the message too seriously it's just a story.
Christian H May 4, 2014
I just watched it tonight, & it nearly brought me to tears! "Charlotte's Web" is a funny & touching story about the unlikeliest of friends. Julia Roberts plays the gifted spider, Charlotte, Steve Buscemi plays Templeton The Rat, & many other voices including Oprah Winfrey, Cedric The Entertainer, John Cleese, & many more! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! ONCE MORE..... SPOILERS!!!
The scene where Charlotte dies is so sad & moving, & Danny Elfman's gifted composing of music brought a tear from my eye.

SPOILERS END RIGHT NOW!!!!!

If you haven't seen it yet, here's what you do: Go to Wal-Mart or wherever they sell DVDs or Blu-Rays, find "Charlotte's Web", & buy the d**n thing!! It's full of laughs, full of tears, & you will love it.
Suzi G June 30, 2007
Dakota Fanning is so precious.
sweetpea0808 sweetpea0808 March 30, 2014
love this movie
so cute
Matt H. Matt H. March 7, 2014
One of the worst movies I've seen in a while, Charlotte's Web contributes nothing to cinema other than fake sympathy and overdramatic performances that do nothing but make me yawn.
339z 339z March 22, 2014
wow ummmm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.......

Live-action actors::
Essie Davis as Mrs. Arable, Fern's mother
Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Edith Zuckerman
Gary Basaraba as Homer Zuckerman
Nate Mooney as Lurvy

i think that the voice actors thorughout this movie
Voice actors
Robert Redford as Ike the Horse
Thomas Haden Church as Brooks a Crow
André Benjamin as Elwyn a Crow
Abraham Benrubi as Uncle a large Pig
Sam Shepard as Narrator were really good throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama/animation/kids/family movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie........i think that this is a good family movie 2 watch.......i think that this is an enjoyable kids/family movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie its an enjoyable childrens movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable family movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie its an enjoyable movie 2 watch,......its got good special effects thorughout this movie its an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a great cast thorughout this movie its such an enjoyable family movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie........
Greg T February 8, 2014
The problem with Charlotte's Web is that it tries to make a simple plot charming and sweet, but it ends up being just bloody boring.
Richard J February 6, 2014
Two Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diego M December 19, 2013
E.B White should be proud. This movie is probably one of the greatest I've seen in my life.
Sia S December 5, 2013
Smart, And Humble too!
Chris B
½ January 30, 2012
Fun for children and the overly sentimental parents, it's charming in places and the whole family will enjoy it. That being said, as a film it is cliched and really brings nothing new or innovative to an already simplistic story. Worth a worth with kids that haven't seen it before or young enough to want to watch it again but with a slow story and little substance, it's harder to watch repeated viewings as an adult.
GeorgiaMoxie GeorgiaMoxie November 10, 2013
It was done well and from what I remember from the book it kept to the original story pretty closely and the supporting cast is generally good. I just couldn't get past how annoying Wilbur's character is- he was oozing enough syrupy sweet hokiness that he wouldn't have needed any brown sugar if he was sent to the smoker. I at first thought the soundtrack was a direct rip off of Danny Elfman but as it went on I had to google it- sure enough, Danny Elfman. Tim Burton fans are likely to notice that. It is a decent family movie and if Wilbur maybe evoked some convincing fears and some sulk mixed in then I could have rated it higher.