Chicken Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chicken Run Reviews

January 30, 2016
Who would've thought a movie about a bunch of chickens trying to escape a farm would be so enjoyable & become the highest grossing stop-motion film on the planet?! It's unique, clever & hilarious with golden British comedy & admirable animation that looks great even 15yrs later. This movie put stop-motion clay animation on the map for many people & proved that not everything needs to be shiny computer graphics to be entertaining. It's a shame it never got a follow-up film.
May 18, 2015
I don't think ther's a single dull or unfunny moment.
November 22, 2015
A great cartoon, which you can watch with your family, as well as alone. But it could be much better, and it can't delight anyone.
November 18, 2015
I want to see this movie
½ November 8, 2015
Always good for a laugh
½ January 2, 2011
Saw this recently for the first time in a LONG time and realized just how much I liked it as a kid and now as an adult.
October 6, 2015
While not ground-breaking or extremely thought-provoking, this fun piece of animation has something for the younger ones as well as for the adults. Its British brand of humour along with hysterical animation makes Chicken Run both sweet and funny.
½ December 23, 2010
An exhilarating stop-motion animation that not only proves to be impressively well made and visually spectacular but should be proud above all else of its delicious story full of adorable characters, hilarious dialogue and amazing action scenes, making for so much fun.
May 1, 2011
The enjoyable aspects of "Wallace & Gromit" were enlarged into a charming feature-length claymation that turns "The Great Escape" into a more sensitive vision. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 19, 2015
A creative and memorable concept executed brilliantly both from a purely technical as well as a storytelling point of view, with perfect pacing, likable characters, a lot of genuinely funny humor, and an at times surprisingly dark tone for a family film that just gives the film even more personality and makes it all the more exhilarating and engaging. I loved this film as a kid, and years later it's still as potent as ever.

9/10
September 6, 2015
I had only seen this movie once before, when I was a teenager. I remembered almost nothing about it, but I did remember hating it. I think I appreciated the subtle humor more this time and I enjoyed it for the most part. It's not something I'd want to watch over and over, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.
½ November 16, 2011
Chicken Run has deft animation with a lot of detail, excellent characters with some being hilarious and the humor is top-notch, so clever and funny. The voice acting is also terrific and the movie is always charming and involving. It has some familiar parts and is too simplistic, but it is also very sophisticated in its execution with just phenomenal humor and great attention to detail. It is one of the very best Aardman films for sure.
½ August 29, 2015
I love Nick Park and his work, I think he's one of the greatest animators that ever lived, and for Aardman's first feature film is very impressive for a starter. It's well-written, beautifully animated, and has the great charm that made Wallace and Gromit great. I will say, these characters I don't think are as memorable as Nick Park's other work, like Wallace and Gromit or Shaun the Sheep, but the characters are still great, especially the villain, has great dialogue, and the morel visual focused scenes like the slapstick comedy and the action sequences are just phenomenal and exciting.
½ August 26, 2015
El stop motion no estaba bien pagado en los viejos tiempos, asi que en estos tiempos digitales tiene un merito adicional.
June 21, 2012
Boasting awesome animation, Chicken Run is an underrated animated picture with humor and heart well put together
½ June 21, 2015
I own it on VHS!! One of my favorite films I own! I have watched it so many times too! It never gets old! Love it!!!
August 17, 2011
Aardman Animation's best film to date! Spectacular animation, great voice work, and blatant originality make this a clay-mation film for the ages.
June 10, 2015
I love Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep but for some reason this one never interested me, and now I have finally watched it - it still doesn't click with me for some reason. It's well done and the story is solid, I just didn't love this one. Can't quite put my finger on why! Oh well, can't love everything I suppose.
June 5, 2015
Always thought this should be called Chicken Escape. Whatever, it's great.
August 8, 2014
Aardman's claymation looks fantastic, but boy is this movie dull.