• R, 1 hr. 25 min.

Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 21, 2011
Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering continues the gore factor established in the third film, and brings a whole new level of horrifying carnage to the screen. This fourth entry is a fun, well conceived film that gorehounds will mostly enjoy. There are effective horror elements at work here to create a pleasant treat for Children of the Corn fans. The cast is comprised of Naomi Watts and Karen Black, to name a few. The film has an interesting story, and plenty of violence and gore to satisfy the most diehard horror fan. Sure, the film could be better, but considering that this is a fourth entry, the film is pretty good. Director Greg Spence delivers a horror film that is lots of fun, entertaining and never boring. Sure the film has its flaws, but for what it is, it's a good fourth film in the Children of the Corn series, and it manages to be a good little horror gem. Thought at times the film can be a tad predictable, this entry is worth watching and is lots of fun for horror fans, and it definitely delivers a fun, entertaining horror viewing experience. As far as sequels are concerned, this one has enough thrills going for it to make it an interesting watch. Children of the Corn fans won't be disappointed and though it lacks in some place, it more than makes up for it with the gore factor, which in the end is what makes this film a must see for horror fans.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

June 18, 2011
Surprisingly not too bad. It's the goriest of the series with nice gruesome kills and the plot is marginally different with not a grain of corn in sight. Interestingly it stars Naomi Watts in the lead already showing signs that she was destined for better things.
deano
deano

April 21, 2009
I'm glad the heroine Naomi Watts survived in this final scene of the corn beastie from hell film.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

June 13, 2013
I haven't seen any other movies in this inexplicably prolific series, so why start with #4? For the only reason anyone has watched it during the past ten years: it stars a then-unknown Naomi Watts! In truth, this is not one of those movies to be embarrassed about and need to buy and burn every print. There is some sinister atmosphere and a couple gruesome deaths, but it simply moves too slowly with negligible interest in character definition, and the entire backstory is perfunctorily spit out by two crazed old women. Case in point, Grace (Watts) has a much younger sister Margaret whose real relationship to her comes as a surprise, but the fallout that should occur from dropping such an information bomb is completely ignored! As a horror movie you should pass, but Naomi fans will get a kick out of seeing her climbing the ladder of success while sporting a decent Midwestern accent. Maybe she even retains fond memories of the experience, considering this was the first of many horror movie roles.
Sylvester K

July 20, 2012
Oh gosh, haven't we seen enough of scary children already? Totally unecessary, the actors were pretty much reading lines, especially the children, weren't scary at all. Naomi didn't really do much in this film, aside from being tortured by Greg Spence.
PC79
PC79

October 10, 2009
I can go on with the loving it!
June 2, 2014
An underrated horror franchise Children of the Corn isn't great but has better acting than many 80s-90s horror franchises. COTC4 isn't spectacular by any means but some great effects and one or two good jumps (plus an early Naomi Watts) make it worth your while if you are a horror fan.
MovieGuruDude72
October 10, 2009
How many times can you have those creepy blonde-haired children come out of a cornfield and act scary? Who do they think they are? Those baseball players in Field of Dreams. So bad I didn't even finish it.
macabrescribe
October 10, 2009
Children of the Corn 4 wasn't as big of a failure as part three. However, it's a Corn sequel. It's neat to see Naomi Watts in this movie. It's amazing she's moved onto a fairly well-respected career.
October 10, 2009
I actually loved this one. A young Naomi Watts, and the cute little girl from Dante's Peak. This one actually creeped me out in some scenes, I don't know why. Very worthy sequel, even if it's not about He Who Walks Behind the Rows.
August 14, 2014
Even Naomi Watts can't make us believe the abysmal lines that are coming out of her mouth. You know when you look upon a famous Oscar-nominated actress' back catalogue and think "You could tell even back then she was talented"? I think Naomi ought to stuff this one away and just pretend she was born with it.
April 6, 2014
I found it better than the previous one. I think the problem was the no relation between the previous three, but is good since you get some storyline variety.
Christopher S.
November 27, 2013
One of the better of the children of the Corn's probably second only to the original. Had a good set of kill scenes, and i love when B side movies have legit actors just coming up (Naomi Watts). All in all a breathe of fresh horror air in what was a dead franchise.
July 30, 2013
Another dull and pointless sequel, the plot doesn't make a lot of sense and the film never gets a creepy feeling. The kids are more laughable than scary. Slow pacing and uninteresting scenes after another.
August 28, 2012
Despite being the fourth installment in a far from perfect saga, COTC: The Gathering manages to be creepy and gory bringing a new twist to an old story.
FilmGrinder S.
August 7, 2012
"We bring Him our flesh."-The Children

The children have a fever and it has nothing to do with cow bell. At least they're back in the boonies.

The only other pull this movie has is Watts (with a horrible wardrobe) and Karen Black's crazy ass.
Sylvester K