• R, 1 hr. 22 min.

Children of the Corn - Revelation Reviews

WrenchLT
WrenchLT

June 18, 2011
Probably better made than the previous two sequels, but this one was kinda dull and lacked any decent kills or gore. Plot-wise it adds nothing new or fresh to the series, though it does feature the only nude scene in the franchise courtesy of a cute, silicon-enhanced blonde. No more sequels please!!!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 15, 2009
This Remake was no better than the Original one.
PC79
PC79

September 3, 2006
Don't skip the movies when you watch them. You might get lost. Even though one has nothing to do with the series.
April 6, 2014
I... I actually liked this one. It worked for me. I liked it cause the storyline was different than the previous one. I think that the producers wanted to make a more modern film and it worked. I like it a lot.
July 31, 2013
While it's better than some of the earlier sequels, it fails on a number of other levels. The characters are ridiculous, the children are hilariously uncreepy, and the scares just make the movie annoying. The plot is lame, the setting is just weird for this type on concept, and the film ends the way you'd think it would.
January 2, 2013
ENDING SUCKED! Even before the ending sucked.
April 2, 2012
Just quite with damn Children Of The Fucking Corn.
July 29, 2011
The first hour was utterly pointless and dull. The ending was the only thing that even sparked a bit of interest.
July 23, 2011
Not that bad. Has slight continuity with the original, though it tries to take a more supernatural premise with the series. Michael Ironside shows up as a priest and we finally get our first nudity in the series. It's ok and tries to be more than what it actually is with a cop story/romantic sub plot, but in the end, it is only OK, but better than the last three sequels.
January 8, 2011
Wow -- I can't believe they made so many of these
Robert C.
September 17, 2010
Bleeding corn? Hmmm, was this movie written by children?
ehaarer12 h.
May 2, 2010
aand guess what WORSTEST
enfuego142000
August 7, 2009
This movie blows. I give it one star because I have to and another because of that one hot girl in the nude scene. Not scary at all, and horrible plot. Glad they stopped making the COTC after this one.
12iveyhl
April 14, 2009
Really scary! I can't believe corn has blood, and it's alive. Now that's really scary.
dibot
January 28, 2009
The Sci-Fi channel had a little [b]Children of the Corn[/b] marathon, and, of course, I jumped right in there. In[b] IV: The Gathering[/b], a young Naomi Watts ("Funny Games") plays a medical student returning home just as the children in her small town start acting strange. There's blood and ridiculousness all over the film. It isn't the worst entry in the series, but even Watts couldn't save this from the terrible editing. The whole series just feeds into my love of scary kid movies.

Which is probably why I kept going with [b]Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror[/b]. Excellent title. This movie gets closer to the worst sequel. And another young actress, Eva Mendes ("The Spirit"), pops up in this one. The story is more of a stereotypical slasher for the first half. A group of teenagers come through creepy kidville and then get stranded there. And murdered in gruesome scenarios involving farm utensils. Then David Carradine ("My Suicide"), I kid you not, turns up and the Children of the Corn mythology kicks in. The movie is unintentionally funny and I should have stopped there. But I just kept watching.

[b]Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return[/b], not so excellent title, continues the series downward spiral and terrible editing. Smoking crack before entering the editing suite is probably a requirement. The story has an orphan going back to the creepy town to find her birth parents. Of course, everyone there is super weird and warns her to leave. But does she listen? No. Does she have sex with a stranger in a barn? Yes. Should you watch this movie? Probably not.

But, I can't seem to stop myself. [b]Children of the Corn: Revelation[/b] is definitely the worst movie in the series. And, I think, the last. This one has a young woman searching for her grandmother in this creepy town where the kids are all here one minute, gone the next and giggling disturbingly. And the editing is even worse. I didn't think it was possible. It's not just that it's too fast and belongs in a Tony Scott film. It's just disorienting and distracting. And gave me a headache. Just avoid.