Choose Me Reviews

November 14, 2007
The onscreen action is limited, but the talk is deep. There's a constant feeling that something is going on just beneath the surface, but it's hard to conjure up just what it is. At any rate, this movie works.
March 5, 2014
It's a hard film to figure out but it's still one of the best times I had at the movies that year. You're never really certain whether some of the more outlandish ideas were carefully thought out or if the director lucked into some of his effects. Either way it works out beautifully. I still watch it at least 3 or 4 times a year.
½ September 6, 2010
A pretty unique romance film. It isn't full of the typical romantic film cliches like other similar films. That doesn't mean that it's a great movie either. It's pretty good, as it's unique, has a nice cast of actors, and it's kind of interesting. That said, it could have been better. A little comedy never hurts, for one thing. So, I haven't seen this in a while, but that's what I have to say about what I remember of this film. Overall, it's pretty good, but more for the romantic drama fans.
January 27, 2013
CTeddy Pendergrass sings the movie title for this 1984 movie. This song was a big hit for Teddy. Famous Quote here "Fuck open dreams!" this movie is always a great watch. Helps you analyze certain behaviours. watch this movie and let me know what you think. On Cable too. Holla back
May 17, 2012
An Ex Hooker/Bar Owner...A Mental Hospital Escapee and A Radio Sex Therapist all come together in this really boring film about desperate sad people looking for anything to fill their stupid lives with.
May 17, 2012
Boring movie filled with sad,desperate people..so no wonder why it's so popular with the masses.
May 4, 2012
Interesting, if somewhat flawed, movie about a sex therapy host of a radio program who can't stop yapping to everyone she knows about relationships. She becomes roommates with Eve, who has man problems of her own, She loves a man, another man loves her, that other man is married to another woman, and that other woman has the hots for the original man. So it's a bit of a complex tale of relationships. It sometimes gets silly (especially when Genevive Buijold starts yapping) and nothing really is resolved. I seemed to recall a plotline like this on a Happy Days episode once. That had a better conclusion than this.
½ January 12, 2012
First I was like, "Oh, it's based on a play," then I was like, "Wait, it's not based on a play?" Then I was like, "That's the last Alan Rudolph movie I watch."
October 26, 2010
A nice style that is refreshing to see.
February 4, 2010
makes you think as well as wett!!!
August 18, 2010
great multiple plot drama that all the story lines intersect
March 23, 2010
A rather interesting cast with a very oddball storyline! I didn't see the whole movie so I can't give it an honest rating but, since what I did see of it was on the run-of-the-mill network TV where all of the good parts get cut out, then the only option for me is to search for it online and hope to catch it.

Looks to be more of a gem with a sizable amount of dud potential.
September 1, 2008
PAN AND SCAN. Un viaje. Cine del absurdo logrado con estilo y la profundidad suficiente. Buena atmósfera y excelente trabajo de camarografía (sin considerar el maldito pan and scan). / A trip. Cinema of the absurd accomplished with style and sufficient depth. Good atmosphere and excellent camerawork (notwithstanding that goddamned pan and scan)
February 19, 2007
Unique. I've never seen anything quite like it. Saw it again recently and I still feel the same way. Very clever film.
April 10, 2007
August 12, 2007
Over rated film, but it is still decent. The intertwining stories is interesting, but it is often slow moving and most of the performances are cold, and the characters are not very involving.
July 5, 2007
Ann, a radio psychologist called Dr. Love, dispenses advice, but is hopelessly mal-adjusted herself. Eve, owner of a small bar, is beautiful and promiscuous, but as she's also lonely as hell. Into their lives walks Mickey, either a wayward genius or
June 5, 2007
Great cmedy with even better music.
½ May 23, 2007
it all folds into and within itself in a serpentine set of relationships that are all brilliant