Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger - London, New York, Johannesburg Reviews

September 16, 2010
pretty damn funny. makes you laugh out loud many times which is more than i can say for most stand up
March 24, 2012
Rock at his best, awesome.
January 30, 2012
This is more like a very long, slightly amusing speech rather than a stand up comedy show. I like Chris Rock but I do not think that this is overly funny.
½ December 9, 2011
An ambitious tour and special that uses clever (but distracting and utterly worthless) editing that features a number of performances all over the world. Is it just me or does some shit in here take it a bit too far? Even he admitted it was a bit of a dud, but he might be his harshest critic.
November 5, 2011
Not really a movie, but fun.
August 31, 2011
It was annoying how it was edited to flip back and forth between the 3 different cities. It ruined the illusion that Stand Up is in the moment instead of actually being completely choreographed down to each word.
June 30, 2011
Funny, clever, entertaining.
½ January 1, 2011
In "Comedian" there's a scene where Jerry Seinfeld & Chris Rock are discussing watching Bill Cosby deliver two sets of material on the same day with no repeated jokes; this is not something Chris Rock could do and he says as much in that movie. What he's excellent at doing, however, is writing precise, witty, vulgar, and funny routines, and delivering them virtually word-for-word as many times as possible. This movie mashes together three such performances (delivered on three continents) in a way that while allowing for his topical (Obama!), sensitive (n-word!) and obscene (sex!) humor to ring loudly is also distracting when edited to show him repeating the same exact sentence three times. 6/23/9
September 16, 2010
August 25, 2010
Chris Rock is a funny and talented comedian. He's also a terrible actor with zero acting ability and very little on screen charisma,
½ August 25, 2010
The funniest man in comedy by far.
½ August 25, 2010
Hilarious till the end. What keeps me from a perfect score is the fact he never uses the rule of exeption.
½ January 21, 2010
Chris Rock: "Barack" man, he doesn't let his blackness sneak up on you. Like if his name was Bob Jones or something like that, it might take you two or three weeks to figure out he's a black. But when you hear "Barack Obama", you picture a brother with a spear, just standing over a dead lion. You picture the base player from The Commodores.
citawijaya
½ January 14, 2010
It's funny as hell..
I don't really enjoy the political jokes but the rest of the jokes are awesome.
½ October 7, 2009
Some very funny material and the blending of different shows around the world into one worked well.
½ September 18, 2009
This performance was very interesting to me because it seemed to me that whenever he wasn't endorsing Obama for president, he was venting about his personal life (marriage). I hope these issues are able to be worked out.
½ September 18, 2009
Chris Rock was hilarious as always although I found the beginning to be much funnier than the second half. The first half was topical and political (which I guess plays to my interests). Then it moved into general race based comedy (which is Chris' strong suit) but then it devolved into "Black women do this" "White men do this" which I didn't find particularly insightful.

I guess I just find that his relationship/sex material gets old quickly but overall still very funny. Watch, if only for the first 30 minutes or so.
I MISSED HIM FOR A WHILE AND AS USUAL HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT ME
September 18, 2009
Chris Rock's voice can get incredibly annoying. And like a politician or a commercial, he repeats phrases until I want to yell for him to get to the point. Aside from those small negativisms, CR is hilarious. I especially appreciate that his humor is smart. Every time I hear Gwen Stefani or overhear someone mention Alpine, NJ I think of him!