Chris Rock: Bring the Pain Reviews

June 15, 2014
You're not officially educated in stand-up comedy until you've seen this film. There's a reason it has such a great reputation. Every joke works, and they all say some interesting, insightful things about mid-90s America. Whole essays worth of the ills of U.S. culture are streamlined into Chris Rock's economically delivered punchlines.
June 11, 2012
One of the best stand ups ever. The Ultimate Chris Rock special imo. PUT SOME TUSSIN ON IT!
December 9, 2011
his breakthrough hour, and at the time the most groundbreaking thing in stand up comedy. classic bits aplenty, but as time went on i think he got more comfortable and more conscious, not necessarily funnier.
July 19, 2010
Yeah, he got some good points!
September 13, 2008
Hilarious.
This one does not get enough credit as much as Bigger and Blacker.
June 28, 2008
Chris Rock you have my loyalty and respect. Greatest stand-up comedian of all times for me.
June 28, 2008
Classic. Classic. Classic.
May 22, 2008
It took him a little while to get going but once he got comfortable with the audience, this stuff was fuckin' hilarious. It started real slow so don't be discouraged if it's not that funny at the beginning. The guy's got incredible stamina and energy on stage that it's impossible for you to lose interest once the speed picks up. It's the funniest thing I've seen in a while and he really has the guts to take on the audience with his crude and vulgar language, his own political beliefs and jokes borderlining on being offensive and racist. A lot like Dave Chappelle. The best thing is almost all of what he said is kind of like the truth though he presents them as jokes.

Always been a fan of Chris Rock but this made me an even bigger fan of him. A must watch for anyone who loves standup comedy.
April 12, 2008
i love your profile it is so nice and i like your pic it so cute
½ January 13, 2007
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
½ December 19, 2007
he is sooooo funny and real!!
July 30, 2007
One of the funniest men alive!
½ July 18, 2007
His best stand-up movie.
July 12, 2007
chris rock tells it like it is
CloudIsAMonkey
June 24, 2007
I thought people didn't like pain...

Dang. I have the hardest time figuring out these hunams. -__-'
½ March 21, 2007
The closest thing to the late Mr Pryor since Eddie Murphy in Delirious. Funny as hell.
March 17, 2007
Very funny stand-up preformance.
February 20, 2007