Average Rating: 5.7/10
Reviews Counted: 23
Fresh: 15 | Rotten: 8
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.8/10
Critic Reviews: 5
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 63,575
Director John Carpenter returns to the suburban landscape he explored so chillingly in Halloween (1978) with this lean, stripped-down adaptation of the Stephen King best-seller about a haunted car with a devilishly bad attitude and the teen underdog who falls head-over-heels for her chrome-accented charms. Shortly after geeky, horn-rim-sporting Arnie Cunningham (Keith Gordon) narrowly escapes a beating at the hands of shop-class bully Buddy Repperton (William Ostrander) on the first day of his
Jun 1, 1983 Wide
Sep 28, 2004
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Harry Dean Stanton
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
This deja vu premise [from the novel by Stephen King] combined with the crazed vehicle format, makes Christine appear pretty shop-worn.
This is the kind of movie where you walk out with a silly grin, get in your car, and lay rubber halfway down the Eisenhower.
Christine shows us what great filmmakers can do with flawed material, and how even their greatness can't solve every problem.
Fifties fetishism here is not nostalgia but critique, the cultural residue that deforms consciousness
Tight editing and some decent scares make this one of the better King adaptations.
Boils down to another average adaptation of one of the increasingly weak Stephen King novels that hit Hollywood like a bad rash in 1983.
Tense and faithful adaptation of the Stephen King classic.
Christine doesn't distinguish itself alongside director John Carpenter's high points.
Amusingly silly horror flick with better than average production values
Audience Reviews for Christine
- Dennis Guilder: That's funny, 'cause I heard that it was totaled.
- Arnie Cunningham: Well, after I swept up the broken glass, it wasn't too bad.
- Arnie Cunningham: Don't touch me, s******! This is what you wanted! Get away from her!
- Leigh Cabot: God, I hate rock and roll.
- Buddy: Let's give this a**hole some of his own medicine.
- Arnie Cunningham: Oh man, there is nothing finer than being behind the wheel of your own car! Except 'maybe' for pussy!
- Buddy: (to Arnie) I'll fix you, you're gonna wish you were never fu**ing born!
Discuss Christine on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Christine (DE)
- Christine (UK)