National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure Reviews

½ May 16, 2009
Number 2 off the pile of crap I have put off watching for over a year. Well, on the plus side, at least I made it all the way through this one!
This is a typical Lampoons movie. Definitely inferior to the one. (And that isn't all that great either, so make of that what you will).. So-so characters. A few laughs, but only a few. The rottweiler and monkey just about steal the show. This is pretty lame and tired.
Christmas is probably the only time this is acceptable, but even then I would stay stick with the first one unless this is on tv to watch free!
November 26, 2009
There was really no need for this...sequels normally aren't good when 99% of the original cast isn't in it.
½ January 5, 2015
There are good movies, and then there are GOOD movies. This is neither of those. Everyone associated with this movie, especially Ed Asner and Eric Idle, should be ashamed, and possibly taken out and hung.
½ April 13, 2012
If every one uses their common sense they will know before they watch it that it will be nothing even close to part 1. But it has enough small humor to tolerate it.
½ January 1, 2012
Simply awful. The best part was guessing which loose ends would still be there after the credits rolled.
½ December 9, 2011
(1/2 Star) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2- Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure is a genocide of laughs, no doubt causing John Hughes to spin in his grave. Bearing the name to the outstanding, yearly tradition film Christmas Vacation is unforgivable... it's like the filmmakers don't know how basic setup-and-payoff comedy works. There's a limit to the number of times Randy Quaid can appear in short shorts and expect the audience to laugh. I remember one joke that worked, but even then, they let it go on for too long. If you're expecting a Christmas movie, look elsewhere; this will not put you in the spirit. The family starts in fake Chicago, then goes to Hawaii, the gets caught on a deserted island. Christmas isn't even part of the story, but a backdrop. Plotwise, there IS NO CONFLICT! I'm not saying that to make you laugh, there seriously never is a conflict... it's like the worst episode of Gilligan's Island ever. Please skip Christmas Crapcation 2... even if your curiosity makes you want to see it, there's nothing here worth seeing.
December 10, 2008
OWNS IT WAS GOOD , HOWEVER THEY SHOULDA HAD CHEVY CHASE AND THE REST CAST IN IT LIKE ALL THE REST OF MOVIES , WOULDA MADE IT MUCH MORE FUNNIER
½ December 10, 2007
Not as funny as the first one, but it was ok since its a Christmas movie. It would help to get the same actors.
½ February 19, 2015
Not even a real National Lampoon adventure and is a huge mistake.
½ December 22, 2012
Kinda cheesy and not as good as the first one, but, still has some good moments thanks to Mukalakamiki.
½ September 19, 2013
Another piece of crap sequel that should have never even been made. This movie is not even close whatsoever to the level of its predecessor. The jokes are terrible, the acting is off, and all the moments end up being completely forgettable. In my opinion, I never found Cousin Eddie to be funny at all in the other Vacation movies and he certainly is not funny here either.
½ January 14, 2013
Its not only as bad but somehow even worse than you'd imagine it to be.
December 8, 2012
HORRIBLE... should be removed from existance should NOT be associated with the original!
½ October 28, 2012
I spent $5 on this god awful movie and in return god Randy Quaid running around for an hour and a half being an idiot. Who decided to give COUSIN EDDIE a full length movie!?
½ December 5, 2011
This is in no condition whatsoever to be related to the first movie in any way. Cousin Eddie is no match for affably idiotic Clark. The plot plays like a crack fic spinoff. Absolutely dreadful, and to call this a movie is like saying Hitler was a wonderful man.
December 4, 2011
I have not seen it but got HORRIBLE!
½ March 28, 2011
I still can't believe I watched this sorry pile of cousin Eddies stool.
½ June 2, 2010
And this, children, is why you never make a comedy sequel nearly 20 years after the first.
½ June 2, 2010
This movie is completely got butchered. If they had a better director it might have been funnier.