Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2` Reviews

October 30, 2011
strange and overly gory. I enjoyed the nods to some far better horror films.
½ June 7, 2014
Les quelques scènes sanglantes sont ce qu'il y a de plus intéressants. Pour le reste slasher sans intérêts (ni scénario)
September 14, 2013
"ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 is an uncompromising, unflinching, and thoroughly insane little film." The support squad adds a different dynamic to the almost always lone slasher. Hopefully the third will use its location to maximum effect and it won't look like V-cinema.
½ September 1, 2013
The original created a lot of its suspense from the sense of the unknown, and it also had a true low budget feel to go along with some humor and plenty of shock value. However, the follow-up trends more towards the feel of a larger budget slasher. It's still gruesome, and Chromeskull is still terrifying, but it's certainly less intriguing than its predecessor.
April 9, 2013
Not as good as the first, and a lot of just stupid moments.
March 8, 2013
Very good visual effects and gory!
November, 2011
February 3, 2013
After nearly being killed by his would-be victims, ChromeSkull is revived by the secret agency that he has hired to assist him. As he continues to recover, one of his agents runs rogue and begins a murder streak of his own using the infamous trademarks of his homicidal employer. Robert Hall returns with CHROMESKULL: LAID TO REST 2, which unfortunately is only a mild improvement over the original. Outside of his semi-autobiographical surprise hit LIGHTNING BUG, Hall continues to prove that his major strengths lie in make-up design and special effects, and not writing or directing. This time around, there are more interesting character struggles and a stronger principle cast, but they are both outweighed by the logical inconsistencies and unresolved plot points. While Thomas Dekker puts in another passable performance, Mimi Michaels becomes entirely unnecessary, and Brian Austin Green shoots way over the top as the ambitious Preston. At least we can thank Robert Hall for delivering on the gore, with even more inventive kills and a body count that nearly triples ChromeSkull's overall score. Stuntman Nick Principe remains the strongest element in the series next to the special effects as the man behind the mask. Like with Adam Green in HATCHET 2, Robert Hall has not learned enough from fan criticism or his own experience to make this a successful film, but it does provide enough blood to guarantee him a third shot in the next sequel.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
November 12, 2012
The original film had a scrappy originality to it, but this sequel feels overblown, self serious and pretty typical. The special effects are still good and equal to the original, but that's all there really is to recommend. Meh.
½ October 15, 2012
Chromeskull is a fitting sequel to Laid To Rest. Picking up where the first film left off, we get more of the story of who Chromeskull is. Along the way we get a decent body count and some impressively sick and gory kills. I am impressed by what they have accomplished visually, in terms of gore, for a low budget flick.
½ October 1, 2012
Laid to Rest 2 can only be seen as a step up, from what I think was an already impressive film. Beefing up the antagonists roster gives Hall more room to work with in term of developing Chromeskull, both as a certified badass, and as twisted bastard with standards. The development of the victims was a half and half experience for me. I was impressed with Thomas Dekker rising to the challenge of becoming the central role, whereas our new Damsel in distress irked me with her repetitive portrayal of fear that was already so escalated, it left little room for varied reactions. All in all, I think it's a great film, and recommend it to any fans of the original, and newcomers alike.
September 30, 2012
A "Love it or Hate it" sequel that offers more backstory, even more gore and even better performances. The small problems here are that the characters aren't quite as fleshed out or likable as in the previous installment and there's a few points in the film where it was a little slow, but when things do happen it's some of the most brutal grizzly kills I've seen in any recent slasher movie and that's a high point in the Chromeskull movies! Seeing as it's left open for another installment I do hope we learn more about chromeskull and get even more delicious kills! The best kill here had me nearly look away... without spoiling anything, look out for a death that takes place on some stairs, it's just awesome! I do like the first that tiny bit more seeing as this has it's little problems, but this has enough improvements on other things such as acting, kills and story to make it at the least almost as good as the first. Like I said, love or hate... I love
TheDudeLebowski65
September 24, 2012
Sequel to Laid to Rest picks up right where the first one left off. The Laid to Rest series is truly a refreshing take on the genre. These films will surely please fans of old school Slasher films. Chromeskull is a very good follow-up that offers up even more blood. I thought that considering the budget for both films, director Robert Hall was able to pull off something awesome with these films as it looks better than most low-budget horror films. The result is a fun, entertaining hour and a half of a good body count as Chromeskull, killer from the first film continues what he does best. In this second film, we get sort of an idea why Chromeskull does what he does, and who's behind him. Although not as great as the first, this is still a worthwhile sequel, enough to please fans of the first. With plenty of grotesque kills, Chromeskull:Laid to Rest 2 is an awesome film worth seeing. Both films in this franchise are wicked and you can see that director Robert Hall is a director who is able to craft a solid horror romp without being restrained by a modest budget. A flawed, but well put together sequel that delivers a high body count, decent performances and effective directing to keep the most diehard horror fan interested. What really makes this sequel stand out is the unrelenting and creative ways that Chromeskull kills his victims, and although it's not a perfect film, Chromeskull killing spree more than makes up for it. If you're tired of the same old, tiresome horror remake, well these films may satisfy your appetite for something refreshing in a genre that has gone stale with remakes.
September 18, 2012
The sequel definitely amps up the body-count and enters Jason Voorhees territory with Chromeskull's near super-human abilities. However, the writing is worse this time around and Chromeskull gets to off some of the most insultingly DUMB characters I've seen in quite some time
½ September 3, 2012
Contuining on from where the first Laid to Rest film ended, fans of the first outing should quickly become fans of the second. Filled with plenty of gore and physical FX, gorefiends should rejoice and bathe in the red glory.
Unfortunately, much like the first film, outside of the actual kills, the film is left lacking.
But... who watches a slasher film for the Oscar winning performances and script? Nobody, which is why Chromeskull is an easy recommend for people with the inkling for some ultra violence.
August 20, 2012
Chromeskull- Laid to Rest 2 is a lot better and stronger film than the preious lackluster ultra-gore film. The film is great improved in all departments from the originality, writing, brains, characters, acting, and I could go on, but I must mention the brains do not go far. There is one incredible stupefying scene where four cops are slaughtered when they have their guns out and try to arrest the chrome skull killer. I have to argue and be a little impoliticly correct and say if the killer or person was an African-American teenager, they would have shot him on the spot! Anyways, Laid to Rest 2 picks up where the messy first one left off. As the Chrome Skull killer is left for dead to the cops, he is rescued by secret company heady by Preston (Brian Austin Green) and his assistant Spann (Danielle Harris). Chrome Skull is rebuilt and continues his nonsense by murdering the unnamed girl from previous, should have done it in the first one. Meanwhile, survivor Tommy is taken into question by incompetent police who leads to a series of stupidity and death. It becomes a race against time as the police try find and stop the killer. The film pretty much clunker afterwards and becomes annoying with the cast and the idea of crying women onscreen. The new actress here is pretty alright for a genre that does not require decent acting. The film is only entertaining when we see Preston (Green) go insane and think he is the real killer. Other than that, the film is headache inducer. Special effects are decent and Laid to Rest is at its peak and should be put to rest once and for all.
½ July 2, 2012
Slightly better than the first. Still has the same problem of stupidity with the victims, but the already impressive gore makes some improvements on itself. The story is a bit better as well, but still far from classic territory. I do give this series credit for trying to create a new mainstream slasher icon in a mask.
June 19, 2012
Oh so stupid. Did not do the first one any justice.
May 7, 2012
it was ok... there wasnt really anything to it tho
May 1, 2012
Compared to the first this was just a bland and pointless sequel.