Critic Review - Quickflix

Their mission - for reasons that are not fully explained - is to locate the seven swords of the lost Lords of Narnia, and to use them to save this world from ... something. Uhh, quick a distraction! Look, special effects!

December 2, 2010 Full Review Source: Quickflix | Comments (11)
Quickflix

Comments

Erric E.

Erric Emerson

hahaha

Dec 3 - 10:56 AM

Corey B.

Corey Bowman

Swords? They weren't searching for swords. they were searching for seven LORDS you idiot. Did you even watch the movie?

Dec 3 - 02:08 PM

Jeremy R.

Jeremy Ratzlaff

dude, the movie is different then the book. Did YOU watch it?

Brilliant review, lol. My thoughts exactly.

Dec 3 - 08:31 PM

Agent0042

George Buttner

I think they are still searching for seven lords, but they're also searching for seven swords. I haven't yet seen the film (no opportunity to attend a screening or anything), but I have read a fair bit about it.

Dec 3 - 09:56 PM

Jason B.

Jason Black

That's what a synopsis I just read says. It started talking about finding the seven lords and then halfway down it said they needed to 'locate the Seven Swords of the Seven Lords and lay them in Aslan's Table.'

Dec 6 - 03:39 PM

vashfanatic

Martha Boatright

....so....not content with radically altering the tone or adding in pointless battles and romances, we have no decided to jettison the very PREMISE of the books? Ugh, if this franchise hadn't died to me in the first movie, it would now.

Dec 5 - 05:30 PM

Sarah H.

Sarah H

I had a feeling this was going to happen with this movie. Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one of my favorites of the books, surpassed only by The Silver Chair. The problem with Voyage when it comes to film adaptation is that it really lacks a central plot in the traditional sense. There really is no central, visible villain so I figured they were going to have to concoct some sort of scenario.

Dec 6 - 10:30 AM

Agent0042

George Buttner

Sort of like "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince." They really had to finagle with that one, because so much of that was just Harry and Dumbledore spending time exploring memories in the Pensieve.

Dec 6 - 11:54 AM

Jason B.

Jason Black

Half Blood Prince had a plot. It just wasn't actiony enough so the filmmakers f'cked with it and only skimmed along the important parts to make sure the dumb people didn't get too lost.

Dec 6 - 03:36 PM

Aster

jay aster lastimoso

I agree with Sarah H. The main thing missing when you are reading the book is that there really is no central villain, the characters would just hop into these different islands during their voyage. That is the reason this is my least favorite book in the series. I can't wait for the Silver Chair and the Magician's Nephew though.

Dec 7 - 10:33 AM

Agent0042

George Buttner

Well, that depends on what happens with this film, eh? If this doesn't work out at the box office, there may not *be* a Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew.

Dec 8 - 09:41 AM