Chutney Popcorn Reviews

iLeo
July 29, 2008
Fantastic movie by Nisha Ganatra!! Great story plot. Filled with a bit of hilarity, but intriguing story about Reena and her sister. Great cast! Phenomenal music!! Worth watching.
July 20, 2008
I have a thing for Indian themed movies for some reason. Pretty good acting and directing. Good chemistry.
½ April 11, 2007
Kind of slow paced. Good if you like cultural Indie movies. I liked it. Made me want to go and have henna done.
February 15, 2007
WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS MOVIE I LOVED IT AND I STILL DO...THE HENNA DESIGNS ARE GREAT AND I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK.
½ January 12, 2007
Good film for those who are thinking about having children. Story falls flat, but the eye candy of Jill Hennessy is worth a watch.
½ June 13, 2006
It was alright. A little boring at points I suppose but it all came together eventually. Plus you hardly get any decent American Indian movies to begin with so I'd consider this pretty revolutionary.
October 19, 2009
I've seen this movie quite a few times. In fact, I own it. Smart, well-written, dark humor, great performances, and an in your face treatment of social dogma that keeps me coming back.
April 6, 2007
Couldn't watch it through the end. Which is very uncommon for me.
½ January 30, 2004
This is a well written, funny and witty independent film. It has a great cast with a fabulous performance by sexy & sassy Jill Hennessy.

Chutney Popcorn deals with a lesbian relationship, a baby named Chutney and an unusual extended ethnic family that can survive anything including confusion, craziness, acceptance & love.

Great jokes and gay humor! Sweet & romantic lesbian love scene (with lots of skin) between Nisha Ganatra and Jill Hennessy.

My favorite funny scene involves Nisha, Jill, a plastic shower cap, yellow rubber gloves and a fuzzy turkey baster. You must see this film!