Movies Like Cinderella II - Dreams Come True

Cinderella II - Dreams Come True Reviews

Jason Vargo
Jason Vargo

November 29, 2011
Cinderella II isn't terrible. It's just...plain. A few stories strung together with a very loose connection makes it feel like three TV episodes more than a true story. Gone is the warmth, the epic quality of the original and in its place are slapstick and warmed over Disney cliche.
Steven V

October 15, 2007
Very good movie. Quite enjoyable especially because there are lots of her tiny friends who help. The second story about Anastasia is very nice too.
Gavin the moviejunkie1994
May 15, 2010
Cinderella was one of the most classic Disney films from the early 1950s. All of the younger kids and adults (myself included) enjoyed this masterpiece with beautiful animation, great voice acting and sweet musical numbers that were very memorable.

This movie is the exact opposite. Not only does it ruin the premise of the original, but also has a lot of things that went totally wrong after viewing it.

The characters weren't as likable as before and were changed to their personalities. Cinderella and the fairy Godmother were tolerable, but that's not saying much. The mice in the original were as funny as before, but in here, they were changed to unfunny and annoying at the same time. Lady Tremaine and Drizella were the same evil villains, but I didn't like the way this movie changed Anastasia's personality. In the original, she was abusive and cruel. In here, she was changed to a good character and falls in love with an uninteresting Baker. A point would have been nice, movie. The King and the Grand Duke were changed from likable to completely forgettable. Prudence and the recent others were not as interesting as toast and that's it for the characters.

The voice acting was completely awful. Jennifer Hale did alright as Cinderella and Tress Macneille was tolerable as Anastasia, but the rest of the voice actors weren't as good as I thought they would be.

The story (in which it had the potential, but chose to ignore it) didn't make any sense at all. In the other direct to video Disney sequels, they only had one story. In here, it had three stories all mixed together in a 73 minute length film. What's the point of that? The makers of this crap couldn't even just make one story? I bet they were like, "Hey I have an idea. Why won't we have three stories with each atmospheric premises and have some few scenes that go completely nowhere to the plot whatsoever?" or something like that, but lord knows I wouldn't know.

and the musical numbers? ugh! Don't even get me started on the musical numbers because none of them were as memorable compared to the original. I mean, it had the same song "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo", but compared to the first, it's not that good enough. The rest were just a pile of uttering crap (except the pop song in the ending credits, which is the only good quality of the music).

The only highlight of this movie was the animation. It had beautiful colors and very unique character designs, but they're not worth sitting through this god awful film to see it.

If boys and girls of younger ages ever come across a direct to video Disney movie, how about they give this movie a watch... unless they need to get their brains examined.

Disney ruined the original and they should be ashamed of themselves even though it's been almost ten years since they made this garbage. Who knows? I rather hit myself with a hammer than watch this piece of **** again.

1/10
a b

June 9, 2007
Complete blasphemy.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
Worth the watch only slightly because it offers some twists that are somewhat interesting.
timoncjm
April 22, 2012
It was a pretty decent Disney sequel. It had decent animation, forgettable songs, lush backgrounds, great voice cast and a weak storyline. Not as good as the original, but it's okay. I would recommend this sequel to children, not adults.
April 17, 2012
Completely harmless, completely watchable, and completely unmemorable. Of the Disney Direct-to-DVD sequels, you can do much much worse.

I do like they have three shorter segments rather than one 75 minute plot with uninspired songs we'd have to endure. My 3 year old has already watched this movie three times since we picked it up.

Recommend for the kids, and not recommend for the adults because there is no magic to be found here. Parents: considering how often this movie may be playing in your house, be glad it isn't horrible.
kennyr9900
February 3, 2010
Boring. This was probably the worst sequal in history. Even Jaques and Gus Gus didn't live up to their potential.
hannah8211
July 23, 2008
disney originals are always best!!! i hate it when the older animated disney films get modern remakes like this. they always suck!!
ilikegoodmovies
June 4, 2008
I really, really hate all these stupid Disney sequels. The improvements in animation completely changed the look I associate with Cinderella.
April 17, 2008
Lousy sequal (if you can even call it that) that gives us an overly perfect Cinderella in three lousy stories that make me cringe even thinking of them. Not even a remote chance I will watch this one again.
SuperSylar
November 8, 2007
lol, this was THE WORSE movie that Disney ever came out with, but somehow it was so horrible that I loved it, could be 'casue when I saw it I was just about ready to pass out, but all the same.......
danigirl789
August 5, 2007
This was a piece of crapola. This was the worst sequel to a movie possible. It was soo dumb and had a horrible story to it. Shouldnt have even been made cause it was a disgrace to the original.
dandylion6565
June 15, 2007
i dont know why they make sequals to the best disney movies.... you cant make them any better than they already are
dreamerjem
June 12, 2007
I've seen this three al in the span of 2 days! Yeah that's right I have no life. Except I did thiat with a friend.
Lilo17
June 5, 2007
it should've been made closer to when the first one came out because it DEFINATELY wasn't as good as that one!
starfiresilk
May 22, 2007
horrible they should of made the 3rd one as the 2nd one it would of made more sense. 3rd was much better
fallscreekgal
May 19, 2007
This Movie is excellent and I have a copy of this movie. I liked the story where one of the stepsisters fall in love with a bakery man and she stands up to her stepmother.
randixp
May 9, 2007
Lucifer is apparently extra aptly named since falling from a tower in the first film didn't kill him or even cause him damage cause he is back in a big way in this direct to video sequel and i for one LOVE it. More 'rucifie for me! whoot!
shelerella
May 1, 2007
ATTENTION DISNEY:
PLEASE STOP MAKING SEQUELS TO YOUR CLASSIC ANIMATED MOVIES...
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!!