Cinderella (1965) - Rotten Tomatoes

Cinderella (1965)

Cinderella (1965)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Cinderella Trailers & Photos

Movie Info

Lesley Ann Warren plays the title role in this television production of the classic Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein III musical. Cinderella (Warren) is a sweet and pretty young woman who has been given a poor hand by fate; her stepmother (Jo Van Fleet) treats her cruelly, and while her graceless sisters are invited to a royal ball, Cinderella is not allowed to attend. But her Fairy Godmother (Celeste Holm) has other plans, and Cinderella attends the ball, where she makes a tremendous impression upon the Prince (Stuart Damon). But her Godmother's magic only works until midnight, and Cinderella is forced to leave the festivities at their height; will she ever see the Prince again? And how will he ever find her? This was the second television production of this musical version of the classic fairy tale; the original 1957 version featured a young Julie Andrews in the lead.more
Rating: G
Genre: Television, Romance, Classics, Drama, Kids & Family, Musical & Performing Arts
Directed By:
Written By: Joseph Schrank
In Theaters:
On DVD: Jan 2, 2002
Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS)

Celeste Holm
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Cinderella

Critic Reviews for Cinderella

All Critics (1)

The definitive musical Cinderella [for] its fidelity to the climax of Perrault's tale, altered both in the Disney version (cleverly) and in the 1957 version (misguidedly).

Full Review… | February 11, 2006
Decent Films Guide

Audience Reviews for Cinderella

Charming TV version of the fable with everybody acquitting themselves well. Lesley Ann Warren is a most ingratiating heroine

jay nixon

One of my all-time favorite tv specials. My BIG question is does ANYONE know what happened to the dress? I know that Lesley's husband surprised her & bought her the crown she wore & the slippers went on ebay but nothing has been said about that gorgeous dress!! I to this day love that dress & as many others am sure would LOVE to have it. But I can find no mention at all of what became of it? If anyone knows how to find out please let me know, I have searched for years. Also tried to find a way to just write to Lesley to tell her how profoundly she affected me (I was 9 at the time it came out) in a positive way that has stuck to this day & I have never had the never to write to her until now. She has said in interviews she still gets letters from women & girls who love her as *Cinderella* and how much it means to her but how are they getting to contact her. Also if anyone knows that one let me know, please.
Thanks for listening & I appreciate in advance any and all help you can give me
God Bless

Pamela Varner-Gibb

I can remember this from when I was little...I love all the songs and I would still love to have that dress!

Cinderella Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Cinderella on our Movie forum!