A Cinderella Story Reviews

½ October 27, 2007
I had this marked as a 3 1/2 star movie. Downgraded to 2 1/2 after a re watch 2015.
It's a young teens movie, but I have enjoyed a lot of those over the years.
Hillary Duff always seemed sweet and she made some good movies over this decade.
I have to say, I have lost a bit of respect for Hillary personally since she started trying to out wild everyone else out there and trying too hard to shock. Maybe that's coloured how I see this, and I'm less likely now to excuse a less than perfect storyline. Or I am just too old for it, one or the other.
All pretty predictable. Jennifer Coolidge her too, but seen all that before too.
August 10, 2007
Kinda cute or whatever. I never liked Hilary Duff in her prime (mostly due to some inexplicable aversion to her face), but she actually seemed to be a pretty grounded teen actress. Nice to see "Cougar Town"'s moon-faced Dan Byrd as the sacrificial guy best friend.
½ November 19, 2006
Really?
½ December 26, 2006
plain
murphmann93
July 6, 2008
I used to watch this every day. I was obssessed! One of the best chick flicks and one of my favourite quotes 'Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.' is in this film. Jennifer Coolidge is nothing short of hilarious and Chad Michael Murray is completely and utterly dreamy. Definitely a must watch film, you also can't forget the incredible soundtrack that this movie offers. Buy the DVD and listen to the commentary.
BEACHBUNNI
July 7, 2007
fluffy sweet cute chick flick!
October 25, 2010
Nice, light drama for teenagers (especially girls).
½ June 24, 2010
it sucks. F
movieguru12
December 8, 2007
A great modern day fairy tale favorite :) This is definitely one of my favorites. Great for tween or teenage fun :) I love it ! :)
kelliemcmahan
½ January 21, 2010
gooodness; This movie is so cute, obviously going to have the PERFECT outcome, but I love when they are at the dance and he's asking her questions (Big Mac haha) and when they're dancing - so cute!
3niR
January 28, 2010
Modern movie of "Cinderella". I enjoyed the whole movie.
January 14, 2010
its okay, but its not at all my kind of movie!
½ May 26, 2007
Ok, so exchanging emails that say "Nobody understands me *bawl*" is probably THE most implausible way to fall in love with someone else, especially in this day and age of pederasty, but WHATEVER. Umm, but Chad Michael Murray is cute? And I've grown to tolerate Hilary Duff after her stint on Gossip Girl. And, well, Rosman didn't do such a bad job of updating the Cinderella story in terms of realisticness - except, like I said, the emails, and how the hell can CMM not recognize Hilary Duff when all she's wearing is like one inch of paper over her papers - and...this is the most possible nice I can get with this movie. It could've been worse.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 5, 2007
hilary duff was always adorable enough to make bad teen flicks feel average.
April 22, 2007
It's alright...Not Bad, I watched it by accident ha ha ha ^_^
April 30, 2007
Surprisingly for this chick flick, it's actually quite cute. The acting isn't particularly Oscar-worthy, but adequately done for that typical teenage modern-day love story. Hate to call it a "guilty pleasure", but I kinda feel dirty for reviewing it...
May 1, 2007
An updated Cinderella. OK for a fairytale.
May 5, 2006
It's oh so happy and fluffy, and cute. Too damn sweet for me to criticize it too hard. It is perfectly aimed at its audience and I probably liked it a bit more than a 21 year old guy should. Duff is fab, I want one. The film is scattered with a couple of laughs, a couple of cries and an ending so sugar coated and sweet it could make your teeth ache and get you all hyper. Give it a big hug, despite the fact it is a bit cack.
FiLmCrAzY
May 12, 2007
its was ok
aliyanto
May 7, 2007
Just another typical Hollywood movie!