20% The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

City Slickers 2 - The Legend of Curly's Gold Reviews

Anthony L

September 25, 2009
Awful and unnecessary cash in.
Jon L

October 30, 2007
Good movie. Just as funny and entertaining as the first one.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
okay
Lafe F

July 7, 2007
A decent sequel to City Slickers, but where the heck was Bruno Kirby?
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 18, 2007
good sequel
Jason S

December 28, 2006
This didn't need a second movie. Kind of pointless.
Dann M

January 8, 2014
The city folk return to the Wild West in City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold. After discovering a treasure map in Curly's hat, Mitch takes his best friend and his brother on a treasure hunt in the Nevada desert. Unfortunately, the writing is especially weak, and lacks the sincerity and cleverness of the original. The acting is also fairly subpar; trying to recapture the chemistry of the first film, but failing miserably. Overly contrived and formulaic, City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold has some entertaining moments but it lacks the free spirit and heart of the original.
Dillon L

June 4, 2011
It basically retreads the plot of the well made original, and this is the result: A anti-climactic, scarcely funny, lame rehash.
ashley h

June 28, 2007
Decent sequel
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

November 5, 2009
Prototypical 'the first one was a surprise hit so let's cash in and make a sequel' movie.
Anthony V

April 11, 2007
A sequel made just for the sake of making a sequel to a high grossing film. No where near as good as the first.
jim222001us
jim222001us

August 7, 2007
The first was a smart movie about mid-life crisis and guys bonding. The characters in this one are looking for money and it the movie was just made...for more money. Plus Jon Lovitz was a bad replacement for the late great Bruno Kirby who was great in the original.

Still the movie does have some charm and heart despite the awful plot. The late great Jack Palance steals the show once again even if it doesn't work that Curly has a twin brother.
iLeo
iLeo

December 25, 2007
Funny!
Sarah P

September 29, 2007
Not as good as the original, but was definately worth making.
August 4, 2008
Mitch (Billy Crystal) & Phill (Daniel Stern) are back for another adventure in this light hearted comedy sequel. This time Mitch is bringing his brother, Glen (Jon Lovitz). One night, Mitch finds a tresure map in his dead trail bosses, Curly's (Jack Palance) hat. When Mitch discovers that, he gets Phill & Glen to join him out in the dessert to look for the gold. When the three of them get there, they discover that their old trail boss, Curly has a twin brother named Duke. Duke is also out for the treasure but not wanting to share it. Along the way, the four of them run into dangerous senarios where the face challenges against stampeeds & thugs that try to keep them from getting there.

Legend of Cury's Gold is a very funny sequel from the first. It has plenty of laughs for the whole family to enjoy. Everyone on screen are funnier as ever with their sense of humor. I thought the run-time was good for this film. It wasn;t too long nor too short. It was just perfect. Its extremely entertaining as you join the crew looking for the treasure & get excited along the way with nonstop fun throughout. Overall, this sequel stays true to the first with much more going for it. If you want a good laugh with a fun story & characters then look no more. This has enough hysterical moments to leave you satisfied. Legend of Curly's Gold is a exciting adventure that you wont soon forget.

3 1/2 stars
firstamb
July 9, 2008
In this sequel, Billy Crystal returns as city guy turned cowboy, searching for the gold that a man named Curly, (the legendary Jaxk Palance), left buried in the desert.
June 29, 2007
Really funny, I still remember the THX Simpsons preview before this film started in theaters, I still laugh about that.
rembrandt042
May 5, 2007
not bad, first one was better as with most sequels, but not all, as with this the 2nd is better than 1st
YourWorstNightmare07
April 29, 2007
I like City Slickers 2. Most of my siblings hated it, but I love Billy Crystal. The whole cast was pretty hilarious.
March 27, 2007
The RARE occasion when the sequal proved to be better than the original. Better story? NO! But the addition of Jon Lovitz as Billy Crystal's pain-in-the-ass little brother, Glen, is side splitting!

I didn't miss Bruno Kirby and they kept Daniel Stern as Phil and brought back Jack Palance as Curly's twin, Duke. I didn't think it could get any better than the first one but I LOVE THIS ONE EVEN MORE!!!