Does Clash of the Titans Have a Director?

Summary

Not content to float a rumor about one remake's possible director, IESB is digging into its bag of anonymous sources for some dish about who might be taking the reins for Warner Bros.' planned remake of the 1981 cult classic/Harry Hamlin career peak, Clash of the Titans. You want a name director? They don't get much bigger than this. Back to Article

Comments

dracus

Cap Nord

You just may have something there medicineman. New Line know they'll be mercilessly crucified if they give The Hobbit to anyone but Jackson and unlike Jesus, New Line won't rise from the dead.

Aug 3 - 05:55 PM

vader_of_vjun

Timothy Maddocks

The real question is, who will end up having the most films in the acting resume remade?

Michael Caine or Laurence Olivier?

Aug 3 - 06:36 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

I think this kind of distroys the possibilities of him directing Spidey 4.

Aug 3 - 10:20 PM

ad101867

Andy Derksen

criddic wrote: "People are so used to CGI that they think something is wrong with stop-motion effects, but they just are spoiled by slick CGI images."

Yeah, and not only that, we're also spoiled by real actors because they move too fluidly and look too real, so maybe they should be claymation as well. In fact, let's dispense with all realistic looking imagery and go for what looks patently fake.

Do you not realize that if past filmmakers had had CGI to use they would've used it? They used what they had available to make special-effects films look *as real as possible*. If they could've made them look even *more* real, they would have!

(eye-roll)

Aug 4 - 02:56 AM

The Great One

A Z

Not as cheesy...hmmmmmmmmmm..count Raimi out then cause he made one of the most unnecesarily cheesy movies of all time in Spiderman 3

Aug 4 - 08:04 PM

Simple

Clint Bell

Gore Verbinski for Clash Of The Titans!

Aug 4 - 08:40 PM

michael3205

Jarvis Waters

First off%u2026I have to say that all of these re-makes make me sick.

That being said%u2026about a month or so ago%u2026I believe%u2026I read that Irvin Kushner (Star Wars/the Empire Strikes Back) was saddled up for this project. Let me say this%u2026being a fan of Empire & a HUGE fan of %u201CClash of the Titans%u201D%u2026I would be thrilled shatless if this were to pan out.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

...but I still hate re-makes. The last I heard a re-do of John Carpenter's The Thing was waiting for a green light.

I want to cry.

Aug 5 - 06:35 AM

michael3205

Jarvis Waters

First off%u2026I have to say that all of these re-makes make me sick.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I want to cry.

Aug 5 - 06:36 AM

michael3205

Jarvis Waters

First off%u2026I have to say that all of these re-makes make me sick.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

I want to cry.

Aug 5 - 06:36 AM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

I Wanna see this movie NOW!!! And PETER JACKSON should make it!!!

especially with his WETA army to his disposal!

Loved the original, thats why i trust only PJ to show it the respect it deserves. King Kong may have been long for some people, but i am not an impatient toddler. I loved it, especially the respect he showed for the original.

Bring it on PJ.

Aug 8 - 02:48 PM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

PETER JACKSON and WETA. Accept NO substitutes!!!!

Aug 8 - 02:52 PM

Alexaion

D Krispin

Darker? Why the heck darker? What is it with this new fad that assumes 'darker' is better? I, for one, think that is absolutely stupid. Perseus' tale is an old folk tale, not some Euripidean or Senecan tragedy. Dark has nothing to do with it, and if it must be something, let it be cheesy. It's the typical 'hero is chosen by the gods, and given magical weapons to fight evil.' People will see something dark and go 'whoa, the myths must have really been like that; this is really the Greek myths...' but it's not, and most people aren't educated in them so won't know the bloody difference. I don't mind adaption - Troy was a fine movie in its own right - but this just feels wrong to me.

I hope they keep a lighter mood. Don't get me wrong, I love serious things, and in my opinion Tragedy is the highest of literary arts, but things must be done in the most appropriate manner.

Aug 8 - 04:47 PM

FencePainter

Juan Ruiz

He's tied up with the Halo Trilogy, leave the man alone.

Aug 9 - 01:52 PM

FencePainter

Juan Ruiz

Karate Kid remake

Aug 9 - 01:57 PM

tiganofamily

joe tigano

in the new clash, they should make two giant squids have sex in front of bill cosby while he beats off repeatedly,then catches fire and runs over medusa in gravedigger. how about if superman shows up gets a root canal, bones lois lane in her canal, has an orgy with the smurfs then scores three touchdowns in super bowl 42 in twenty seconds while curing cancer, destroying asteroids and hemmeroids, wipes out the country turkey renames it chicken, then watches coach until his **** explodes and he runs out of green death nyquil. or kevin bacon could show up pee in the woods, kill a fox with a red lightsabre, fight tom green to the death, bash in nick nolte's head with a mortal kombat 3 game case and jump in front of a train only to smear **** all over dabney colemans face, and force him to remake steel magnolias with all albinos

Aug 9 - 05:22 PM

drf33lg00d

Ronin Assassin

I'm skeptical of remakes, especially when they're not done by the original team/studio. I prefer new movies with old attitude instead of old movies with new attitude. Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean, and 300 are examples of new movies with classic storytelling. Harryhausen's creatures can never be duplicated with CGI so it's best if they don't even try. Make a new movie, not an old one. Hercules, Sinbad, and Odysseus have all been done. I didn't see the last Argonauts movie.

Personally, I think Kalibos should've had his own TV series like Hercules!

Maybe they should do something from the Nordic myths. Has Thor been overused?

Aug 28 - 09:26 AM

cabo30002000

cabo cabo30002000

thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sep 2 - 01:18 PM

Storm Rydah

Hiali Quinonez

I agree with you on this one. Peter Jackson is THE man for this job!

Nov 21 - 05:51 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus