Ten Cool Ray Harryhausen Sequences

Summary

Just in time for the "Clash of the Titans" remake, here's a fond look back at some of the best work from special effects wiz Ray Harryhausen, whose signature style was such a big part of the original. Back to Article

Comments

Dave J

Dave J

I don't quite remember them all, the ones I very much enjoyed and watch repeatedly are Clash of the Titans and Mysterious Island!! Jason & the Argonaught' fighting with the skeletons was a classic scene as well which inspired Raimi's full throttle masterpiece "Army of Darkness" !!!

Mar 31 - 02:53 PM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Ray Harryhousen is a genius! Love his stop motion monsters, I always wanted to follow in his footsteps as a monster maker. My friend had the great fortune of meeting Harryhousen (& John Landis) last year, as well as an actual skeleton from Jason, & the King Kong armature, along with many other classic creatures. I'm so jealous!
My favorite of his films is Valley of Guanji, Except when i saw it as a kid it was in black & white due to my tv. Now I recently saw it in colour, and its horrible to look at, i strongly recomend turning your tv to B&W to watch it, it has that classic king kong look to it.

VALLEY of GUANJI would actually make for a great reboot, if they used Jurassic park technology, and a gritty western.

Mar 31 - 03:58 PM

Goatmeal

Goatmeal Go

Harryhausen will forever remain a stop-motion legend. Those creature effects in the Sinbad films gave me goosebumps growing up.

Mar 31 - 08:12 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

EXCELLENT ARTICLE!
Informative and Entertaining!

Apr 1 - 06:41 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Me too Goatmeal. I grew up watching that dude's stuff!

Apr 1 - 08:50 AM

yan1 g.

yan1 guiren1

nike wholesale wholesale jordan sneakers cheap wholesale nike air max,
wholesale nike shox r3,shox r4,shox r5,shox
cheap wholesale bape shoes nike women's shoes
wholesale adidascheap wholesale prada cheap puma wholesale children shoes
our price:
CA POLO EDHARDY GUCCI T-SHIRT $15;
TRUE RELIGION EVISU G-STAR COOGI JEAN $36;
AIR MAX NIKE SHOX JORDAN JORDAN FUNSHION JORDAN RING SHOES $35;
GUCCI COACH shoes DG shoes $33
coach chanel gucci LV handbags $32;
edhardy New Era POLO cap $15;
coach okely prada nike DG Sunglass $16;
e4cn. com is a leading worldwide wholesaler company (or u can say organization). We supply more than 100 thousand high-quality merchandise and famous brand name products all at wholesale prices. Start your wholesale sourcing here today and experience first class service and fast shipping.

Apr 1 - 11:19 AM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast