Cleanskin Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
March 31, 2014
Cleanskin is an interesting action thriller with some pretty good performances from its cast, and is aided with an engaging storyline and good direction. Cleanskin works well enough to keep you involved in the story, but at times, it does falter and you can see that there aspects of the story that could have been improved upon. Nonetheless, if you're looking for a good action thriller, this one delivers something quite worthwhile for viewers that enjoy the genre, and there are some pretty good performances here as well. Sean Bean delivers yet again a solid performance, and he more than makes up for the film's shortcomings. Like, I said, the film is pretty good for what it tries to accomplish. However, I do that at times, the film's script could have been rewritten a bit to really make the ideas stand out. Cleanskin is a good film, but it does fall short of what it could have been. I felt that some of the ideas could have been better structured in order to make for an even more solid genre film. Nonetheless, there are enough effective elements at work to make this an engaging and worthy viewing experience. I liked the film, even if it fell short at times. Luckily the cast more than made up for the film's lack in truly engaging storytelling. The film has a good story, but like I said, it could have been better. The film is engaging for the post part, but you're left wanting more as well, therefore it's never really that memorable either. Cleanskin has some engaging moments, but it suffers from a script that seems a bit rushed, and disjointed. Despite this, it still is an entertaining film, and if you enjoy the genre, it's worth seeing. However, you'll probably walk away from this one wanting a bit as well.
July 21, 2012
A brutal and hard-boiled thriller. It`s 24 meets Bourne with echoes of M.I 5. A fast and spectacularly furious roller-coaster ride. An intense and dramatic action film that delivers plenty of gun-play, fighting, drama, big thrills and lots of suspense and a great twist. A knockout. A pure edge of your seat thrill-machine from start to finish. A great story told from two different perspectives and shows the harshness and tension of both wonderfully and has great character development.. A slick and well-crafted movie that gets under your skin and into your head. An adrenaline-charged action-packed ride that kicks all sorts of ass. Sean Bean is riveting, he gives a brilliant and explosive performance that just shows how great he can be. Abin Galeya gives a gritty and excellent performance. It has a strong cast of English stars including the brilliant Charlotte Ramping, Michelle Ryan and Tom Burke.
July 7, 2012
Crap name, great movie. Sean Bean hunting down terrorists. Good action, lots of suspense and a twist.
½ July 10, 2012
Had no clue this movie would be about Suicide Bombers in UK. It's very similar to V for Vendetta in terms of large-scale picture. Spoiler: government growing terrorists to push anti-privacy agenda and win the election.

The movie did have a lot of really good fight scenes though. However there are long periods of nothing which is boring. There's drama but the characters don't capture attention and the non-linear timeline of the movie makes it harder to follow than it should be. People look the same across a 6-year span. No good.
March 30, 2015
Be prepared for some fairly graphic kill scenes. Still, this action/thriller is comprised of enough twists to make it worth the few hours spent watching it.
March 2, 2015
The title of this film doesn't make you want to see it, but it's a very good film. The plot is torn right out of today's headlines dealing with Muslims disaffection for their plight when they wander west to start new lives. This one takes place in London, has great acting and plenty of action. A thoughtful film, exploring the psychological abandonment experienced by those who want parity with generations of Anglos withiin one or two generations. Shines a light on motivation of young extremists, and the why of their situation. The obvious differences been Muslin and Christian culture are so vast, they may never coexist in harmony in the same geographical space.
½ January 24, 2015
Movie dragged on too long in places
January 11, 2015
Sean Bean prostitutes himself for a piece of Arab propaganda. Those poor muslim terrorists have no choice due to the dreadful behaviour of the west. It's all our own fault that they behave in such a primitive savage way
December 13, 2014
Loved it, perverse but thrilling, showed all sides of the question.
½ November 18, 2014
what seemed like a revenge ex cop action movie quickly turns into some ra ra terrorist movie will all the same plot points, story, and ending that we've seen a bazillion times.
October 24, 2014
Just a bad movie. Thought it would be good because Sean Bean was in it, proved to be wrong. It reminded me of Bangkok Dangerous(2008) only worse and that is saying a lot considering that Bangkok Dangerous was not a good movie.
½ September 27, 2014
Sean Bean is one of the most underrated stars around. He would have been the perfect Bond - totally grounded and very dangerous, akin to Daniel Craig. He does a great job in this film, although the character has a knack for being blindsided now and again. The story has some lulls and it is more realistic than most films of this sort (which means it is not heavy on action).
This is a Le Carray styled story with more akin to Phillip Marlowe than James Bond, which means that it will not appeal everyone.
The conclusion to the story is truly excellent. I found it very satisfying and I was left wondering why I had never heard of this film before.
September 25, 2014
No barn burner, but not a bad flick.
August 30, 2014
The quote on the case sums it up 'A Brutal Thriller'. Although the very beginning has the best two scenes. I was a little disappointed with Sean Bean, who seems to plod through, perhaps it was the part he was given.
½ April 28, 2014
Cleanskin is a heavy handed, predictable, and inefficient effort in storytelling that moves along at a dragging pace that makes the film nearly unwatchable apart from what is marketed as a Sean Bean film. The brief and intermittent scenes of Bean are the pinholes of enjoyment in a blanket covered in cow feces.
½ March 20, 2014
Great little action film with an interesting plot
January 31, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014

(2012) Cleanskin
POLITICAL THRILLER

A low budget rendition of a much better movie called "Casino Royale" with a twist. It's called "Cleanskin" because it's another term the United Kingdom give to terrorists which initially derived from the actual bombings of 2005(look it up on Wikipedia). That term is used for this film since the terrorists are law abiding UK citizens resulting them to be the least expected to participate in such acts. Anyways, Sean Bean plays an undercover agent hired indiscreetly to infiltrate the bombings before they happen for he's also been given authority to kill(sound familiar), and the agency would cover it up later by removing his DNA. Bean plays Ewan who's the best candidate to take on this task since he's lost a loved one who was a victim to a previous bombing. And to tag along with him is a partner named Mark (Tom Burke) we don't know too much about.

Written and directed by Hadi Hajaig which from looking at the title "Cleanskin" I should've expected that the film also have to showcase the side of the terrorists too which is something I don't necessarily need since viewers should've already been aware about terrorists motivations in the first place- the reasons are obvious which are usually as a result of alienation, belonging and radicalism. There's hardly anything more this film has told me that I don't know myself. Apart from the unexpected twist ending a great portion of this film has already been done already and had been shown before.

2 out of 4 stars
½ November 10, 2013
A film, which because it had Sean Bean as the main actor. The only good thing about the film. Turned out to be badly written and directed by Hadi Hajaig on the theme of islamic terrorists operating in Britain.
September 24, 2013
Good performances throughout. A cut above the average thriller.
July 23, 2013
Superior political/terrorist thriller with good screenplay and acting by Sean Bean and Charlotte Rampling. Gripping and gritty, while illustrating the moral dilemmas on both sides.