—— Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Clear and Present Danger Reviews

Kieran F.
June 30, 2014
Weakest one in the series but by no mean the worst.
Ben N.
June 16, 2014
This movie kinda makes it seem like Tom Clancy writes good stories, he doesn't, though.
April 29, 2014
Eh, you won't be missing too much if you skip this one. It belongs in the 70s or 80s - not contemporary 1994. I'm just too tired of preachy Hollywood when too many actors have made the trip to Venezuela and Cuba to pay homage to their favorite dictators...
October 23, 2013
Dealing with a very interesting subject...
April 1, 2014
This is a phenomenal movie. I wish I could go back and watch it again for the first time. I have no idea how many times I've seen it and I'm not done yet. Probably on my list of top 10 movies of all time.
Matt H.
March 18, 2014
Clear and Present Danger is almost as good as Patriot Games, but its downfall is that it moves more slowly and is less intense, so that by the time an action scene happens the tension has died down. Nevertheless, Ford is still great and the movie is still thrilling.
February 17, 2014
The story is about Jack Ryan once again played by Harrison Ford who is assigned to try and hunt a Colombian drug cartel after the villain murdered a close friend of the President. When Ryan discovers that the President's wealthy friend was in league with the cartel, a secret paramilitary force is sent to wipe out the drug lords. The force is captured by who cares. Jack works alongside a renegade operative named Clark played by Willem Dafoe. I swear, the villain/s in this movie is so boring and forgettable that I couldn't care less about them. They were barely in the movie. Ford is better as Jack Ryan. The 1990s cheesiness is visible and the patriotism is back and visible also that Patriot Games lost unfortunately. The Clear And Present Danger gets a weak 6/10.
joseph c.
February 17, 2014
just love this movie
February 15, 2014
Tercera pelicula de Jack Ryan. Creo que ha sido la mejor de las que he visto ya, a pesar de que se vea que para los gringos toda latinoamerica es igual a Mexico.
February 13, 2014
The second Jack Ryan film with Harrison Ford, this one is all political intrigue and drug wars. There so many characters, but most of them aren't interesting enough to care. Willem Dafoe's character is probably the only character, besides Ryan, that stands out. The rescue mission at the end is exciting though, but everything leading up to that is just okay.

Grade: B
starlett2005
February 5, 2014
Clear and Present Danger is an excellent film. It is about CIA Analyst Jack Ryan is drawn into an illegal war fought by the US government against a Colombian drug cartel. Harrison Ford and Willem Dafoe give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Phillip Noyce did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the action and drama. Clear and Present Danger is a must see.
February 3, 2014
Politics in a nutshell.
February 1, 2014
Of all the Tom Clancy movies that have ever been released, this has to be the last great one. The film's all-star cast never fails to impress, with clear favourites being Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones. The production values are incredibly high, and the action scenes are explosive and plentiful, which more than make up for some of the more slowly paced moments. All in all, Clear and Present Danger is a really good film, and I recommend that you go see it at least once, along with The Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games.
Jed
January 18, 2014
Though it's rather incomprehensible and a major step down from Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger is still a suitable actioner, with yet another marvelous Harrison Ford performance and some interesting twists.
judebd
January 16, 2014
Trully and real suspense drama
September 23, 2007
Mid 90s Harrison Ford. Not that he hasn't made a career out of playing the same kind of characters prior - but certainly by now he had settled in to the boy scout-fish out of water mode well and truly. This does have some nice moments but overall it gets a little long in the tooth and before too long your eyes are wandering.
John09876
November 13, 2013
This is a 4 star movie. It seems the critics are reviewing from the present and not when the movie came out. This is top notch and holds up well if you forget the later imitations
October 28, 2013
An elaborate and exciting political thriller that stands hand and shoulders above many of its 90s competitors. Powerfully acted by Ford, Jones, and Dafoe, Clear and Present Danger is a testament to how good performances can ramp up the tension in a thriller. Noyce directs the cast and crew to creating a great moral drama that asks, "how far is too far to go for freedom?"
October 28, 2013
love Tom Clancy films
October 24, 2013
The very best Clancy adaptation! I don't know if it was the whole story from the book as I've not read it, or it was just the brilliance of Phillip Noyce in this movie adaptation, but one thing is for sure, this is the magnum opus of all the Clancy films. Man, I couldn't keep up with all the conspiracies and subplots going in the film. With all the characters in the film, I can't comprehend how Clancy came out with this kind of story, most of the plots are character driven. Ford did an amazing job again of course. This is trully one of the best spy thrillers there is.