Could Abrams' Mystery Movie Be "Monstrous"??

Summary

The mystery of that "Cloverfield" movie may be slowly coming to a close. One source came across some marketing goodies -- and perhaps the movie's title? Back to Article

Comments

mojodaddy

joe fish

I thought we already determined it was a monster movie.

Jul 25 - 12:03 PM

NoneMoreBlack

Dylan Miller

I thought we already determined it was called "Monstrous?"

which, by the way, is a TERRIBLE title...

Jul 25 - 12:11 PM

ndjarnag

nathan jarnagin

I recently went on the Warner brothers Studio tour, and the tour guide said it was essentially a movie version of the "Rampage" video game. I guess we will have to see...

Jul 25 - 12:45 PM

tabascoman77

Matt Perri

Warner Brothers?!? Rampage???

The movie was made at Paramount Pictures. Abrams already stated that it's an original movie and not a remake, sequel, or adaptation.

Your tour guide has their head up their ***.

Jul 25 - 12:51 PM

tabascoman77

Matt Perri

Warner Brothers?!? Rampage???

Your tour guide has their head up their ***.

Jul 25 - 12:51 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Rampage The Movie?? That'd be.. kinda sweet, actually. If it were done in the vein of TRANSFORMERS, meaning non-stop, off the wall action and stupid everything else, I'd be up for it.

Monstrous is a weak title (imo)...

Jul 25 - 01:09 PM

Segkee

Lochhead Seth

If the mystery is solved, they've totally shot their wad. That was the only interesting thing about it. Th emore I hear, the more I want to puke. I do not want to see this movie at all. It's Felicity meets Godzilla. ****.

Jul 25 - 01:45 PM

VinceVega

Jon Gerblick

I think what he meant is it would be reminiscent of Rampage, not literally an adaptation of the game.

That would be silly.

Jul 25 - 02:11 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

He said 'virtually Rampage the movie,' NOT an adaptation of Rampage. Sheesh. Some people don't read very closely.

Jul 25 - 02:14 PM

The Bastard

anthony holcomb

does anyone know about this slusho stuff? im curious cuz i went to the movie's wikipedia entry (the worlds least reliable source, i know) and it said a possible film title could be slusho and had a link to this very unusual site: www.slusho.jp

Jul 25 - 05:22 PM

The Bastard

anthony holcomb

oh yeah, and it doesnt make any sense that the statue of libertys head explodes when it hits a building

Jul 25 - 05:27 PM

FrankTheTank

Frank Moran

Who else thinks that "Cloverfield" and "1/18/08" are both much better than "Monstrous"? I mean, at least with the first two, it's subtle and effective. "Monstrous" is like 50% of the next DTV sequel.

Jul 25 - 08:47 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

If the "this isn't Rampage" comments were directed towards me my response is that I'm aware that this movie has nothing to do with Rampage, just sayin'... wow, Rampage: The Movie would be a cool flick to make (in the right hands..)

Jul 25 - 09:02 PM

Kollikodon

Ryan Ohlemeier

... I think it shouldve remained... dare I say it.... nameless?

"Hey what movie are you going to see?"

"Umm... the one.. you know.. the-"

"Screw it.. take the $20 and go buy a hooker... and maybe some black tar heroin..."

"No seriously the movie has no title..."

"And youre adopted...."

"..."

Jul 25 - 09:17 PM

Ace

Jose Blancarte

Nice "Yeah it doesn't have a name" "look im tired of your shenanigans" " Ive Never shenanigan ed ive hooliganed ...."

Jul 25 - 09:26 PM

Ace

Jose Blancarte

Jul 25 - 09:26 PM

Ace

Jose Blancarte

Jul 25 - 09:26 PM

Ace

Jose Blancarte

Jul 25 - 09:26 PM

blinkuldhc

a m

They might as well have named it Ginormous... equally ridiculous title.

Jul 25 - 09:31 PM

knowingtoast85

brian Firenzi

I call BS on this title. Abrams' career is the House That Mystique Built, he knows not to give away the name of a nameless trailer's movie just weeks after "Transformers" bowed. Another part of the tease, or just a red herring.

Jul 26 - 01:14 AM

aronnotarod

Aren Bellando

I think it's a red herring.
I saw another link like this one, with pictures of two posters bearing a headless statue of liberty.
One had the title "Monstrous"
The other "Apocalypse"

I think they're just trying to keep the speculation going.

Jul 26 - 06:44 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

I don't like the title, but I'm still interested in this movie.

Jul 26 - 07:51 AM

wacko3205

Michael J. Waters

If there's a poster out there that has two different titles...one being "Monstrous"
& the other "Apocalypse"...maybe it's descriptive of what's to come.

Maybe it's just Abrams & his usual propaganda pieces building up to the greater puzzle.

Personally...I'm intriqued. I think that the flick looks pretty interesting & exciting. I am actually shocked that based on a few snippets someone said: "I do not want to see this movie at all. It's Felicity meets Godzilla."

Nothing's set in stone yet & people are already ripping it apart? Please.

Jul 26 - 09:40 AM