J.J. Abrams' Monster Movie Getting New Trailer, Official Title

Just in time for January 18!

There are just a few weeks remaining before its scheduled January 18 release, and J.J. Abrams' much-discussed monster movie still doesn't have an actual title -- but according to ComingSoon, that's about to change.

In a report published today, ComingSoon spills the beans, saying fans will only have to wait a matter of days before learning the title -- and getting another glimpse of the film:

All has been relatively quiet on the 1-18-08 front for the last few months since the San Diego Comic-Con, but a source for ComingSoon.net has revealed to us that the J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie will get a new trailer AND its title will finally be revealed on November 16 in front of Robert Zemeckis' animated Beowulf.

There you have it, film fans -- after months of teasing and viral campaigns, it all comes down to whether or not you're in line for Beowulf two Fridays from now. (Or online a few minutes later, when the trailer inevitably leaks.) Can you contain yourselves until November 16?

Source: ComingSoon.net

Comments

Schnozberry

Jared Muskovitz

Finally!
(1st)

Oct 31 - 07:34 AM

Schnozberry

Jared Muskovitz

But really, very excited for this movie.

Oct 31 - 07:35 AM

Dread

Gray Thomas

Sweeeeet.

Oct 31 - 07:38 AM

aconline

Adam Collins

Hopefully it is better about not having so many characters and storylines that just get in the way of the actual plot, ie. LOST.

I like JJ. He makes good stories and good characters, but sometimes, his mysteries take too long to solve. I hope this is movie is not the first of a series where each one gets more convoluted than the last.

Oct 31 - 07:53 AM

rerun717

Jim La Rose

That's the difference between TV and movies. TV can ramble more. If that happened with a movie, bad word of mouth happens and people don't go see it.

I'm sure it'll be great. I really liked MI3 and Abrams (to my recollection) hasn't disappointed me yet.

Oct 31 - 08:10 AM

Eldorado

Eldorado shwankers

Anyhoo.. sweet news on the movie :)

Oct 31 - 08:18 AM

Future Genetics

Trevor McKee

"I'm more interested in why the hell people have to say 'first' or '1st' on these news items? I dare not go to aicn because of the retards over there and that crap.. like we're blind and don't notice??

Anyhoo.. sweet news on the movie"

33rd!!!

Nov 5 - 02:26 PM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

Shhhh...It Happened. already titled...

Oct 31 - 08:20 AM

0LDB0Y

OLD BOY

What if the monster is God, himself?

Oct 31 - 08:22 AM

primetime21335

Homer Simpson

The first thing I thought when I saw the preview was this is a new Godzilla movie.

Oct 31 - 09:50 AM

highdough

Richard Blascock

Last time I checked, a few weeks was three. January 18 is more than 11 weeks away.

Oct 31 - 10:13 AM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

I think he met a few weeks before we know the tittle and see the new trailer. At least thats what I got from it, simple little typo or mayb Mr. Giles is high on Heroin/meth you know to fight off the nods.

Oct 31 - 10:22 AM

jasperoosterveld

Jasper Oosterveld

Good! can't wait :)

Oct 31 - 10:45 AM

savethemooses

Alex N

"A few weeks"? Try two and a half months. I don't think that qualifies as "a few weeks" by anyone's definition.

Oct 31 - 11:04 AM

This comment has been removed.

milphey

Daniel Kaufmann

Itchy Barracude could not have put it more accurately guys, big studio films released 2.5-3 weeks into January have a tradition of being absolute pieces of garbage, I smell marketing at it's best here!

Oct 31 - 12:56 PM

Orangecinema

Jason baum

I absolutely agree w itchy, the trailer was OK, that's it. The hype on this 1 will more than likely outweigh the quality of the movie itself. I love JJ, but it appears to be a 'godzilla' type movie w something(s) giant attacking a city...yawn

Oct 31 - 04:40 PM

LostHeroesHell

Travis Stanfill

A friend of mine can't wait for this movie either....he is convinced that, because of the way the fire and smoke is rising from that Transformers trailer, that whatever 'monster' it is...comes from underground...like...'Attack of the Mole People' or something....yeah...insult him, he's nuts. But can't wait for the title or the movie:)

Oct 31 - 11:13 AM

rt_hire_me

Teague Bates

Stop waisting time and get on with the Lost episodes already! He's already got a monster! Who cares about 'Moleman'!

Oct 31 - 11:52 AM

Victoria Jones

Marian M

Maybe the big over-hyped Monster is all the dead Losties come back from the dead to wreck vengeance on mankind.

Oct 31 - 12:34 PM

milphey

Daniel Kaufmann

Oct 31 - 12:56 PM

tkl0085

Troy Landess

sounds like something is being overhyped!

Oct 31 - 01:26 PM

talan7

Todd Williams

Precisely! You can't hype something up this much. In the end people will be like, oh tha'ts all?

Oct 31 - 02:03 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel