Abrams' Monster Movie Trailer Already Seen (and Spoiled)

Summary

Ah, it seems like just yesterday that we discussed the debut of the new trailer and title for J.J. Abrams' super-hyped monster movie -- you know, how it's debuting November 16, ahead of Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf? Oh, wait -- that was yesterday. And the spoilers are already spilling. Back to Article

Comments

D-ROCK21

John Dotson

We won't know what the monster is until the day this movie is released.

Nov 1 - 07:04 AM

witherwings

Jamie Lynn

Very pleased with the title.

Nov 1 - 07:35 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

you know what, this thing looks pretty sweet but i have a funny feeling its going to be ruined by too many retarded fast movement blair witch type camera antics. that stuff just gives me a headache, big time. i can do the POV style movie but for christ sake...do it so i don't feel like a drunk homeless guy playing hop scotch on a pogo stick. level the shot out, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Nov 1 - 08:02 AM

Kollikodon

Ryan Ohlemeier

I know NOT to judge a movie by its trailer.. .but JJ Abrams has changed all that for me. This movie is either going to be Campy as hell... or will be a new standard in American Monster movies...

either way.. .it will make back its 30 Million price tag... no doubt.

Eh.. Im pleased with the title... It works.. .and has a nice ring to it. .unlike "Monstrous".. .god that was a disaster..

and well.. see you guys at Beowulf...

Nov 1 - 08:07 AM

cfergojr

Christopher Fergo

Can't wait for this movie!! The more I hear, the more awesome it sounds.

Nov 1 - 08:32 AM

Bardego

Robert Hamer

Well, it's a nice title, but I feel somewhat....disappointed.

Nov 1 - 08:48 AM

EdwardBlake

Tyler Durden

Am I the only guy completely uninterested in this movie? Just seems so unoriginal. The Blair Witch Project turned into a Godzilla movie (except no Godzilla, just a random monster we'll only catch glimpses of.) Most of the plot revolving around lame humans we will have no emotional attachment to. And oh yeah, lots of 'Lost' style mystery symbolism that will never, ever be explained.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but the hype just leaves me yawning.

Nov 1 - 08:51 AM

0LDB0Y

OLD BOY

I question if this is really a monster movie, or some sort of scientific psychological event...like in the show LOST.

Nov 1 - 09:03 AM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

I'm in with EdwardBlake and Gimy. Part of what made the Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum not as good as they could have been is because of the ridiculously shakey camera movements. And no monster movies really make you care anymore if the people live or die so, though I'll see this, it's not really showing me anything. Please show the monster cause I can't fear something if I don't know what I'm supposed to fear. It could be a giant chihuahua (at a wooping 4ft tall) for all we know.

Nov 1 - 09:25 AM

fuj_ball

Jim James

The movie is probably a remake of the 50 Foot Woman, no thanks.

Nov 1 - 10:02 AM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

You so get the award for best comment of the day!

Nov 1 - 10:24 AM

A Lapse In Reason

Nick Haskell

You so get the award for best comment of the day!

Nov 1 - 10:24 AM

Amish

Amish Cantor

Link's not working for me at the moment.

Nov 1 - 10:35 AM

foodstamps_govermentcheez

Jason Schaber

I know who the monster is!
Its Gumby! after 20 years of not being on television he is pissed and all grown up now so he is going to go take his anger out on a big city.And its up to the military to stop him......He can bend in ways that will make you scream! LOL oh I'm just kiddin the movie does look great and I'm looking forward to seeing it over half of me thinks that this movie won't be a disappointment.........So keep it coming with the spoilers.

Nov 1 - 10:58 AM

The Arrow

Otto Rodriguez

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! This is obviously a trailer for the long in devlopment Ghostbusters 3

Nov 1 - 11:45 AM

Alexcar

Alex Carracino

I predict they're already planning a sequel.

Nov 1 - 02:02 PM

taran72

Dan Mills

Man the return of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man would be awesome. If Abrams can make this type of movie GREAT, then I expect him to walk on water next. MI:3 gave me zero hope that he can pull off anything spectacular.

Nov 1 - 02:32 PM

DennisBrighton

Shelby Baldock

Is Clint Eastwood in this?

Nov 1 - 02:42 PM

Canuck666

suzie smith

The movie is obviously a sequel to the American Godzilla.

Nov 1 - 03:43 PM

youtubeisforcretins

Roger Ashdown

you have to be so right! And if so, do they really have to go through this lame ***, dull "viral" marketing horse**** to get us to go to the cinema?

Nov 22 - 02:53 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

"Cloverfield?" The monster is my neighbor's front lawn?

Methinks this is a decoy released by the marketers to throw off just the kinds of idiots who sneak into theaters with cameras and leak information to the public, fueling the diseased hype-machine.

Nov 1 - 04:01 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

blair witch crap!!! I am not going to fall for that kind of ad blitz again.

Nov 1 - 04:39 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships