Clue Reviews

December 30, 2014
I can never turn away from this movie. It's a fun, easy watch.
September 24, 2007
I totally forgot about this movie. For some reason, I watched this like a dozen times when I was a kid. Fun stuff. Super campy, but fun.
December 21, 2014
An interesting movie based on a board game that tries to showcase the basic essence of the board game. The atmosphere of the movie is half-comedy and the other half a half well-done who-dun-it. It doesn't move the Earth in the sense of being a great mystery nor make the comedy awesome. It is fun and it is a good time watching the movie. Overall, it is a decent watch.
½ December 8, 2014
Not original, far too similar to Murder By Death, which is far superior. Tim Curry and Lesley Anne Warren are OK, the ending is just awful.
November 22, 2014
This silly mystery has multiple endings, all of which are ridiculous, and delightful! The physical, bawdy humour is over the top, which I suppose could become tedious, but I was laughing the whole time. I can't take a movie based on a board game too seriously, which I think was the point!
½ November 19, 2014
A fun, but not so funny movie. It manages to capture the frantic pacing of the board game and keeps the viewer interested throughout. Though, it's still not necessarily that funny and many of the jokes fall flat, which is sad considering the cast involved. Some of the jokes (namely the gay humor) are also very dated. It's not very likely that you would see a movie today where the punchline is "Haha! He wasn't gay the whole time!"

A pretty good effort from the filmmakers at adapting the board game and the cast does their best, so this movie isn't a waste of time. It has some good moments and it's enjoyable, but it's just not that funny.
November 16, 2014
A deliciously ingenious and funny adaptation that lives up to the fun of the famous board game on which it is based and exhibits an amazing attention to details, while Tim Curry stands out in the great cast and completely steals the scene in the film's clever possible endings.
October 3, 2014
Clever, funny, and riddled with twists. I loved it! Great crowd movie too.
September 22, 2014
A hilarious mystery filled with enough slapstick, wonderful performances, and clever word play to entertain everyone
September 18, 2014
Clue was indeed a mystery. It is about six guests who are invited to a strange house and must cooperate with the staff to solve a murder mystery. This is based of the board game made by Anthony E. Pratt, Jonathan Lynn and John Landis wrote the story for the film while Jonathan Lynn wrote the screenplay. It was directed by Jonathan Lynn who is also known for The Whole Nine Yards and My Cousin Vinny while Clue was his directing debut.

Clue is a film about 6 guests which are Mrs. Peacock (Eileen Brennan), Mrs. White ( Madeline Kahn), Professor Plum (Christopher Lloyd), Mr. Green (Micheal McKean), Colonel Mustard (Martin Mull), Lesley Ann Warren , Wadsworth (Tim Curry) a butler, and Yvette (Colleen Camp) a maid, who somehow are all involved in the murders of 6 people. The guests are all invited to the Hill House by Mr. Boddy (Lee Ving) who has been blackmailing them. You then learn that Professor Plum works in D.C. back where everyone else lives. You have Colonel Mustard who is apparently a client of Miss Scarlet, and then Yvette, the maid use to work for her and also had an affair with the husband of Mrs. White. Basically everybody's secrets are told while they are stuck at this house. Then Mr. Boddy gives each guest a gift and inside each box is a weapon, the classic clue game weapons, he tells them they should kill Wadsworth, so that their secrets will not be exposed. With Mrs. Peacock's craziness, and Mr. Green's clumsiness, the whole group finds themselves on a night of murders, lies, and betrayal.

cluemovie

This film was filled with many hilarious scenes that just seemed so ridiculous but what can you expect when its based off of a board game. Good luck trying to figure out who did it because there are so many different scenarios that could happen that they even show you two possibilities as well as a third scenario which is what actually happened. As the film goes on more and more people are getting murdered until finally Wadsworth claims that he has figured it out and he goes running about the house retracing the steps of the night telling everyone exactly what happened. This scene is my favorite because he start rambling on speaking so fast and running through the entire house. This was probably the most entertaining part of the entire film because it kept you on your toes and kept you moving while other parts were some what slow.

Overall I would give this movie a C. If you want to check it out to see a movie inspired by the board game a lot of people know and love be my guest but as a film it is not that great other than having a few good scenes with some funny parts in it.
½ September 13, 2014
Just good stupid fun.
September 11, 2014
Scattered with humor thanks to the great delivery by the cast, although there were too many eye-rolling moments.
½ August 23, 2014
Before Battleship was made into a movie...we had Clue! For the most part it is pretty entertaining. However, the multiple endings got a bit too silly for my liking. It still has a few watch-worthy moments though.
½ August 18, 2014
Though Tim Curry shines as bright as the film's humor and twists and turns, Clue is ruined by its writing, predictability, and its multiple endings.
½ August 17, 2014
A smart, funny and rather charming murder-mystery farce, though it feels gimmicky there are some great jokes and gags buried within, Tim Curry is great.
November 13, 2011
- Watched yet again, I've seen his one many times now, and I still find it funny. I just love the energy and zaniness of the films, and all the performances are excellent. Recommended!

- This is a great comedy from the 80's, I have seen it several times and just watched it again, it really holds up.
August 13, 2014
Definitely one of my favorite movies, I was so hooked as a kid (which is saying something because I didn't like "old" movies when I was younger) and to this day love how complex the murder and storyline is without being too overwhelming. PLUS the three different endings! Instant classic.
½ July 29, 2014
This kind of frenetic juggling of characters depends on punchy dialog and snappy editing. It's .... close.... but just not quite snappy enough to keep all the balls in the air. A few 'drops,' though, don't ruin the movie. It's fun. Tim Curry plays a great manic character, and Leslie Ann Warren, more than any other performer in the movie, creates a character who is believable, sexy, and archly funny.
½ July 23, 2014
Utilizing a wealth of witty puns, visual gags, and references to the board game, "Clue" is a ridiculously fun and campy outing.