97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Thick as Thieves (The Code) Reviews

Cynthia S

September 14, 2010
Antonio has still got it. He is as hot today as we was when I first saw him in Desperado. This is a really good movie, and very funny to boot.
Carlos M

January 14, 2010
Sloppily written, lazily executed, totally forgettable, it's not even saved by the silly twist in the end.
Al S

July 19, 2009
I loved this movie. A sharp, tense, clever, stylish and exhilarating edge of your seat joy-ride. A pulse-pounding thinking man's thriller that snaps and sparks with action, humor and suspense. An unpredictable and keep you guessing adrenaline-rush. A very smart and thrilling heist drama that delivers with fantastic twist and turns. An excellent film that's very entertaining. It's very well-crafted and superbly performed by it's cast. It's riveting and dazzling whenever Freeman and Banderas act together in a scene. These two actors have wonderful chemistry. Antonio Banderas and Morgan Freeman are absolutely sensational. Robert Forester is terrific. Radha Mitchell is wonderful.
Jon L

July 11, 2009
This one was pretty entertaining. Although it had a few huge turns and plot twists, they weren?t as much of a surprise to me as they should have been. Morgan Freeman is great as always, but Antonio Banderas left something to be desired. The story is simple to follow, but it felt like many aspects of this film were taken from other movies. Even though it felt a bit like a mosaic created from some other films I have already seen, it was still a fun one to watch. Check it out!
arashxak
arashxak

April 3, 2009
Nothing that you haven't seen before & Morgan Freeman playing himself once again as the cool bad guy
Phil H

March 4, 2009
The title of this film mislead me to be honest, I thought it was a romcom with thieves cracking safes haha it turns out to be a serious action flick about betrayal and vault cracking. After a good intro sequence on an underground train, the first half of the film is pretty boring really, just meeting characters and setting up the plot. You think its going nowhere fast but then you get a sexy vault cracking sequence and a nice surprising twist which I didn't see coming haha
The film is turned upside down (in a Usual Suspects kinda way) and actually lost me for afew minutes, after you catch on whats just happened it does come across as a rip from other films but it still works nicely.

Cast are OK, Banderas has tonnes of makeup on to make him look younger and nice n tanned LOL and Freeman reprises his role from 'Wanted', silly but its alright, it just keeps its head above the waves due to afew decent sequences.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

March 4, 2009
"Now, have I got your attention?"

A veteran thief recruits a younger crook to help him pull off one final job in order to repay his debt to the Russian mob.

REVIEW
What a big letdown. First off, I wasn't really expecting much out of this, the trailer wasn't really something but it has Freeman and Banderas in it, both I am a big fan of. As it turned out, it was all a big, fat failure of a heist movie. I always welcome recycled plotlines just as long as the execution brings something new to the table but in Thick as Thieves, there wasn't. We've all seen it before and the twist at the end, although you never see it coming within the movie, the shock factor was poorly executed.

I love all of Freeman's works but this one is at the end of the line. The chemistry between Banderas and Mitchell was off, there was no spark none whatsoever. Skip it, rent it but don't buy it. It's a waste of money.
kpn666
kpn666

February 15, 2009
Is interesting enough... good twist at the end. But nothng special and certainly forgettable.

Not the best movie by the two, but both leads looked slick and smooth and Radha Mitchell is a hottie. XD Its a typical hiest movie, taking a little bit from Oceans 12, The Score, The Bank Job and mashing it together... the results are kinda skewed, and the working is a little too rushed but its worth watching if you're into this kind of movie.

Enjoy.
Roy G

February 14, 2009
A good entertaining film with a twist at the end
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

March 1, 2009
I think Morgan Freeman is a really good actor, and that's the main reason why I wanted to watch this film. However it is just another average bank heist movie. The story moves along nicely, it has a few short moments where it seems to drift away from the main plot but it doesn't distract you from the main story. With a great cast this should have been fun, sexy, bad, and exciting but there was something lacking. Primarily, this is a story about thieves thieving, some complicated lying, some sex, entertaining but not memorable. However there is plenty of action to keep you entertained with a good twist towards the end.
Tecnoandre
Tecnoandre

November 6, 2011
American/German crime/heist film directed by Mimi Leder, starring Morgan Freeman, Antonio Banderas, and Radha Mitchell.Set in New York City, veteran thief Keith Ripley (Morgan Freeman) recruits younger crook Gabriel Martin (Antonio Banderas) to help him pull off one final job in order to repay his debt to the Russian mob, who had killed his previous partner, Victor Korolenko, over the debt before they could complete the plan. Interesting, but not well used and little explored plot in this fast movie.Antonio Banderas performance is shallow and poor, as the Morgan Freeman's.Only a surprise finale make this movie worth a uncompromised view.
John2223
John2223

March 4, 2011
¨Thick as Thieves (The Code)¨ is lazy, derivative and it is a pain to watch good talents in such trash. This is the kind of film in which I really feel I wasted my time.
David S

November 4, 2010
I'd never heard of this film and was surprised to see such a good cast in it. However after watching it I can see why it is unknown. The film tries desperately to be in the same league as 'The Sting' or 'Ocean's 11' but is let down by an overelaborate set-up and a clever clever ending. Radha Mitchell is good and Freeman and Banderas are fine (although Banderas is getting too old to play the young recruit!) but blink and you'll miss Tom Hardy. If you like the odd episode of 'Hustle' then this is silly fun but hardly memorable.
MagnusMagica
MagnusMagica

March 21, 2010
Not bad but not really good either. A pretty o.k. movie, nothing more nothing less.
Jay R

December 16, 2009
Just bad... why oh why is Morgan Freeman in this movie? It's just horrible...
Erin C

August 1, 2009
Good movie! Banderas' acting is pretty bad, but the storyline is interesting, and there are a few twists. I enjoyed it.
spaulsson
spaulsson

July 23, 2009
Cool and watchable story I guess, but it's a shame that there were more plot holes than gun holes. The love story was badly implemented as well. Freeman (is he in every movie there is?) and Banderas is doing their job, in typical roles.
DrLappos
DrLappos

May 23, 2009
I was torn with this one. The first 3/4 of the film is your typical pretty standard run of the mill heist movie type. It got a little cheesy with the ageing Banderas trying to look young and hip and failing badly. The ending twist more than made up for the start and it is overall a really enjoyable movie to watch.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2009
Here is a movie that is not so bad, but fairs well in story plot about two renown thieves. Both are out to repay their debts, and decide to embark on one major scheme that will have them set financially as well as add glory upon their fame despite the given consequences that also incur. Antonio Banderas, Morgan Freeman, Rade Serbedzija, and Radha Mitchell stars. Worthy!
Jonny C

March 5, 2009
Decent enough Heist movie. Freeman and Banderas made the most of an average script, and there was a decent twist at the end. It's a Sunday afternoon filler for sure.