Code Name: The Cleaner Reviews

February 25, 2010
Because of its clever story, funny leading man and two gorgeous supporting actresses, 'Code Name: The Cleaner' is a welcome
½ July 10, 2008
A lightly funny waste of my cinematic time.
December 16, 2007
This movie is good and quite funny. Very low quality on the script and overall cinematography, but Lucy Liu and Nicollette Sheridan are both awesome. Good entertaining movie.
½ June 29, 2007
A flop in the box office, but a hit in my heart!
½ July 3, 2007
Super funny!
½ January 3, 2007
Not a single laugh and in no way worthwhile.
November 19, 2007
Decent comedy/action film, Not as bad as I thought it would be ...It's kinda stupid and plagued with some stereotypical and cliche dialogue/writing but it was still entertaining...
P.S.- Lucy Liu is sexy as hell..
½ June 20, 2008
It was not all that enjoyable and it could have been much better. I do like Cedric the Entertainer and I think he could have done more with this movie, but I get the idea he was held back too much. The amnesia plot works well enough but could have been better constructed to improve the movie. Short of Cedric the rest of the cast is bad and there is not enough support or set up for him to shine. There are too many lulls and failed attempts for a jokes.
July 20, 2008
Cedric the Entertainer stars as Jake, who has amnesia and is either a janitor who thinks he's a secret agent or a secret agent who thinks he's a janitor. Or maybe a monk who dreams he's a butterfly. Lucy Liu is Gina, who may just be the hash-hauling waitress she seems to be, or she could be an FBI agent. Nicollette Sheridan (Desperate Housewives) is Diane, who may be Jake's wife if he turns out to be a rich software guru instead of a spy or a janitor. Cedric the Entertainer (The Honeymooners) needs a new agent, or he's seriously in danger of losing that last part of his name. Code Name: The Cleaner is an unforgivably bland comedy crafted out of elements from The Bourne Identity and a 1990 movie where Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez are garbage men called Men at Work. It's hardly entertaining, and far too concerned with being likable to ever do anything inventive. Director Les Mayfield (Flubber) fails with both the thriller and comedy bits that provide wooden and predictable moments that are telegraphed miles away. There's not enough humor, and the serious moments are contrived. Lucy Liu (Charlie's Angels) and Nicolette Sheridan (Desperate Housewives) in underwear. Both ladies look incredible, and they get a climactic martial arts cat fight inter cut with a bubble bath fantasy where they get dangerously close to making out. Makes no sense to me either, but at least it was eye candy and nowhere near as boring as the rest of the flick.
½ April 25, 2007
Definitely a little bit of a forced humor, but it was semi entertaining and enjoyable as long as you are not expecting too much.
½ December 23, 2007
OK well this was a somewhat odd movie but to be honest most times the odd ones do not turn out too bad to watch. A lot of funny moments in this one. Worth renting.
August 15, 2007
I really didn't think this movie would be as good as it was. It kept you interested to the very end & also had some really funny parts too.
½ July 30, 2007
"If i get shot I'll be like Tupac and if I live I'll be like 50 cent!" haha. sorry that guy was like.. hah.
½ July 20, 2007
This movie was ok- nothin like I thought it would be though. There are a few laughs, but I think they coulda done a better job with it.
½ July 14, 2007
And I almost believed the cleaner was a secret agent. Ha ha ha It's cool, Cedric is funny as always.
July 8, 2007
its funny how he really is a janitor but he actually thinks he is a secret agent because of a video game he always plays
½ June 17, 2007
Wow, Cedric is crazy yet again in this movie. I was expecting it to be bad, but I was shocked to find out that it actually turned out to be pretty good.
½ June 8, 2007
Although, this is not Cedric's best comedic performance, there were laughs throuhout the movie. The janitor wannabe rap star had the funniest scenes.
½ May 28, 2007
Cedric the Entertainer is funny in this film about him being a forgetful guy, that doesn't remember he's a spy. Lucy Liu does well in her sidekick role, but everyone else is just kinda there.
May 27, 2007
Cedric the Entertainer, Nicollette Sheridan and Lucy Lu, I am all in. At times alittle over the top but a good watch. Nicollette's scene in bra and panties was worth watching the whole movie.