Coffee Town - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coffee Town Reviews

½ December 8, 2013
CollegeHumor decided to go one step further from Internet comedy videos to full fledged feature film, and it is a fine start from Brad Copeland and the gang. Big fan of Glenn Howerton from Always Sunny. Ben Schwartz is a comical genius and Steven Little has come to the front from East Bound & Down. Surprisingly, Josh Groban was gold and the brief, albeit hilarious cameo from Jake Johnson was classic. Adrianne Palicki was meh for me. Pretty sure, but not the best timing.
The story is simple, but it's not really why you're watching the film. The bits and dialogue in between the main story really get you laughing in sets. It has more than a feel of a YouTube video but not quite as fleshed out as an indy film. If you like the actors, take a moment to sit and watch.
½ August 10, 2015
my mom always said, 'if a movie is less than 90 minutes long-don't bother.' this at 87 minutes is proof my mom was right!
April 9, 2015
I wonder what the coffee hipsters would think about this? Regardless, Coffee Town is absolutely hilariously awesome!
February 21, 2015
Crude and a lot of the jokes fall flat but it does pick up toward the middle.....average comedy at best.
August 30, 2014
Benefits from some out of nowhere great one liners and imaginary sequences. Hampered by a shoestring budget which impairs everything from the set to direction to casting.
½ August 15, 2014
This movie was more about the jokes than the plotline. Which is fine but it would have been better movie if it had a more directed plot. There was also a rape joke that I didn't care for. Ben Schwartz was my favorite part. I also liked Jake Johnson's small random insertion as the roommate who died from AIDS (that shouldn't be funny, but it was).
May 31, 2014
Award-winning internet comedy website CollegeHumor tries its hand at full-length films with Coffee Town -- a smallish black-as-in-coffee comedy (with a fair amount of sugar and cream) -- that stars It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Glenn Howerton, House of Lies' Ben Schwartz, Adrianne Palicki from G.I. Joe and ... Josh Groban (yes, THAT Josh Groban!) as Sam, a disgruntled barista who wants to be a rock star. In order to save a small coffee shop from becoming a bar, Will (Howerton) and some of his friends decide to stage a robbery to discourage Coffee Town's prospective buyers from buying in such a "dangerous" neighborhood. Will's motivation is rather pathetic -- as a self-employed website manager, he uses the coffee shop as his office while mooching free Wi-Fi -- but he IS determined! There is nothing new here and fans of the website will know what kind of humor to expect with Coffee Town. It all seems rather menial for the most part amongst the ridiculously far-fetched extremes Will goes to save his (not really, ahem) beloved Wi-Fi hangout; but by film's end the audience is actually treated to a few slices of a profound coffee cake. There is plenty here that fades fast from your mind but there are couple of moments that do (surprisingly) stay with you.
½ August 11, 2013
A delightful watch. It is funny, humorous and enjoyable from start to the end. Loved Glenn Howerton and Adrianne Palicki. Check it out if you can.
August 5, 2013
Tries so hard, but never quite gets to funny. Ben Schwartz desperately tries to save it. He's just not enough.
July 22, 2013
Unfortunately just devolves into boring. Watched because of sunny in Philadelphia, so gave it a chance.
July 14, 2013
what a fucking amazing movie, best movie about a coffee shop in the known universe, so well done. One of my new fave movies that I will be watching over and over again until the end of time.
July 10, 2013
this movie was an epic surprise, the dialog was surprisingly funny throughout.
the ending had a bit of a twist.
I feel like it was written and executed very well.
5 STARS
½ August 10, 2015
August 5, 2015
Surprisingly funny movie wish I would have seen it sooner
August 2, 2015
I fell asleep before the robbery but I wasn't impressed up until that point
½ June 16, 2015
i liked the single location the most and being a always sunny in Philadelphia fan, i found this funny and what indie filmmaking is all about
April 9, 2015
February 21, 2015
February 19, 2015
A little skeptical at first but thought I would give it a chance. Then they throw in some Dave Matthews bashing, and a nod to the 1986 movie Rad about BMX bike racing. That alone deserves five stars.
½ February 12, 2015
It felt more like a TV show than a movie, but I laughed a lot. Not as hilarious as Always Sunny or Eastbound & Down but still very funny.